Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19090 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.
« on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:33 pm »

Here is how the game is eetup, standard RTD rules of course.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Events will hapen that sometime modify your skills or movements speed, attributes, etc. here's a normal list of skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
As you can see there is a huge number of skills, I will allow 5 people at a time in the game, cloning works via a link between a inactive body and the real body at birth, whenever someone dies, the next person in the waiting list will get their spot, position, etc. IF they do not find it favorable they can let the next person take their spot and be placed at the bottom of the waiting list. I will select the 5 players on a first come first serve basis. If you are inactive for more then 3 turns, someone else get's your spot and you will be placed at the bottom of the list. I am severely sorry if this is due to real life circumstances. About 2 weeks from now i will be entering middle school and might only start posting at 6 PM Central American time as well, it's going to be hectic for me. Understand the central "Piss the admin off and your screwed." Rule, I won't be an immature little whiny bare 1337speaker teenager though, but still, expect reprecussions if you piss me off. Understand that you can't pwnify everything with your SMG, but that's the point of you guys being in a squad ya know. Considering there's alotta skills, you have to pick 2 weapon specialties[1 of them being Pistol/SMG/Sniper] and a option of 3 other skills. I need a first and last name for your character, no urist's, and a choice of where you were born(Earth, Mars, Earth Orbital Space Station) I'll start the game when everyone is in and continually add people to the waiting list. The game is set in the year 2146 A.D and new technologys will be discovered throughout the game. You will start with an average in all social skills, skills take time to be learnt, so you dont have a rating except on your social skills. On everything except social it's either 'learnt' or 'not learnt'. P.S. I could use a easy-to-use drawer thing, MS paint is too weird for me to make accurate images, i don't like shitty maps ^^
Currents Players:                                                                                                                 Waiting List:
Lear:Sniper Gieran Anteron                                                                                                  James.Denholm
RAM:Engineer Anna Ivanova
ClanK:Field Doctor Lan A'barra
Frelock:Tactical Advisor Fenneth Eberswalde
Little:Grenadier Rachel Yengral
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 11:45:50 pm by x2yzh9 »

Lear

• Bay Watcher
  • IRO-Bot will never die.
    • View Profile
    • the-crowing-is-near on deviantArt.
Re: RTD in the Future
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:37:20 pm »

Heh, this reminds me of my old rtd. . . I'm in.

Oh, and good luck!

Gieran Anteron born on Ganymede Earth

I will take:

Sniper
Vehicle Weapons I
Repair I
Engineering I
Diplomacy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:21:27 pm by Lear »
Those were the days, The End Complete.
deviantART - My artworks, let me show you them!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:38 pm »

Ah, Lear, the options are Earth, Mars, and the Orbital Earth Space Station. The people are at a technology where they're nearing warp gates technology, but are still hundreds of years from it. So, pick your choice of those three birthplaces that i just mentioned. When you start you will be at the 'Respectable' Level in diplomacy, you get a +1 to all your diplomacy rolls.
EDIT: Just discovered ganymede is a moon orbiting jupiter, ingame it's not terraformed yet but the UESF[United Earth Space Fleet] is doing manned operations and exploration, drilling, etc. on mars to see if it's habitable, also, i forgot to add a skill, mining, you can change on of your skills if you want. That was my bad, so change a skill to mining if you wish, just make sure it's not sniper or vehicle weapons I. Being the first person to sign up you get to be the squad leader ingame.
EDIT: Damn, forgot medic skills. ill put those in.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:11:37 pm by x2yzh9 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:12:31 pm »

Woohoo! I finally get to join at the start of one of these!

Anna Ivanova, born on the Earth Orbital Space Station.

Pistols
Spaceship Weaponry I
Crafting II
Engineering Knowledge I
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:17:44 pm »

Woohoo! I finally get to join at the start of one of these!

Anna Ivanova, born on the Earth Orbital Space Station.

Pistols
Spaceship Weaponry I
Crafting II
Engineering Knowledge I
Mkay, That's assuming you spent that extra skill point you had into crafting I to get crafting II, okay! Welcome to the list of players. Remember, take care of your life ingame. Think ahead.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:46:19 pm »

Oh, we can get higher-level skills without going through the lower level skills?

In that case I will change my skills to:

Pistols
Spaceship Weaponry I
Crafting III
Crafting IV
Engineering Knowledge II
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 10:51:50 pm »

Oh, we can get higher-level skills without going through the lower level skills?

In that case I will change my skills to:

Pistols
Spaceship Weaponry I
Crafting III
Crafting IV
Engineering Knowledge II
No, you have to get the skill before first, so that setup right there is a no-no.
EDIT: Alright, Lear is going to be born on Earth then i suppose as he hasn't responded.

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 11:16:39 pm »

I guess that's fine, sorry I missed that part. Skills will remain as is.

EDIT: I just recalled that I am going on vacation for about 5 days on the 8th. Would it be acceptable if someone took control of my character during that time? If not I suppose I will relinquish my spot.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:25:12 pm by Lear »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 11:29:18 pm »

I guess that's fine, sorry I missed that part. Skills will remain as is.

EDIT: I just recalled that I am going on vacation for about 5 days on the 8th. Would it be acceptable if someone took control of my character during that time? If not I suppose I will relinquish my spot.
I suppose if no one wants to take your spot then i will take your place until you return, as for some reason this thread isnt getting 5 "I'm in!"'s a second. Guess it's not too popular huh?

Lear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 11:33:26 pm »

I generally had to wait a day or two for people to notice and sign up for my rtd. =\  That plus it's after midnight EST and well after that in Europe and such.

major_sephiroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 12:18:47 am »

Shouldn't new people be able to create a new person from scratch? You can still implement cloning. If a person dies, They'd go on the waiting list, and once it is again their turn, they could make a new character or use a clone of the old.

I'll make a character once I know if new people can make new characters.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 12:42:13 am »

I think it is kind of cool that it will be the same characters with changing personalities...

Oh, and just to make it clear I will be going with my original skills, and yes, I spent the spare point on crafting I.
Read the First Post!

KlanK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 01:01:53 am »

Im in, though this is my first RTD, so dont be too harsh on me.

Lan A'barra, born on Mars

Automatic-Rifles
Hand to Hand-Armed
Explosives
Medical II

Is that right?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 01:17:04 am »

Im in, though this is my first RTD, so dont be too harsh on me.

Lan A'barra, born on Mars

Automatic-Rifles
Hand to Hand-Armed
Explosives
Medical II

Is that right?

Yes, your skills are Automatic-Rifles, hand to hand-armed, explosives I, medical I & II[totalling.. 5 skill points used, so you're good!
Shouldn't new people be able to create a new person from scratch? You can still implement cloning. If a person dies, They'd go on the waiting list, and once it is again their turn, they could make a new character or use a clone of the old.

I'll make a character once I know if new people can make new characters.
Well, think about it this way. In real life you wouldn't want to become someone that you're not, with all the brain stuffs etc. Your genetic ID, etc. etc. is stored into a data vault of sorts, they morph dead bodys into the person that is, so if you were a military person, and you went into the body of someone else, like a engineer, you would think your just like a regular person, thinking that you were really the old person, if someone told you you were someone else, you would deny it or go insane, of course. Thus they start morphing bodys as soon as the baby is discovered in the pregnant womans body, or when they generate 'clone babys' They morph it so the baby will look like its clone at birth and are constantly morphing said clone so the clone will stay at or extremely near the 'level' or knowledge, genetic ID etc. of said baby, continuing till the natural death when the body systems slowly become.. to say the least, dead. If someone kept morphing and cloning beyond that point they would feel pain and hurt to the point where their cloned, and they dont even wake up. As such you have to stick with the skills the person had at death, the looks etc. I'm sorry if this displeased you, but do consider still going in. You can learn skills along the way ingame.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 0:Needs 2 more applicants!
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 02:21:09 am »

Alright, let's see how this works:

Name: Fenneth Eberswalde
Home: Mars (Specifically: Here)

Skills:

SMG
Spaceship Weaponry II
Vehicle Weapnonry I
Repair I
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12