Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: RTD in the Future Turn 10: Normal, Normal, Normal.  (Read 19059 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD in the Future Turn 7:Neutrality?
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2009, 06:00:54 am »

So all we know is that the unknown entities walked up to gieran, touched him, and he fell down?
unknown entities walked up to gieran, touched him, jabbered a bit, and he fell down.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2009, 06:11:09 am »

Everything seems to have worked out okay, but I just want to say that I am very disappointed in the lack of itchy trigger fingers around here...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2009, 08:36:38 pm »

I help James get back to the ship.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2009, 08:37:57 pm »

Fix the pipes!
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2009, 01:33:06 am »

Hang on... Am I badly injured or anything? From the fall, and the "brain on fire" part sorta worries me a tad.
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2009, 02:09:07 am »

Hence why I'm helping you...
All generalizations are false....including this one.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2009, 02:19:02 am »

I think the rest of our actions would make alot more sense if you told us what was going on.

at the moment I am kind of taking their message back instead of trying to rig the engine to blow...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2009, 02:38:39 am »

Oh, right! Ahem. I hope x2yzh9 doesn't mind if I explain this with a bit of flair.

-----

His brain is a mess. Through it blazes a new set of speech patterns, strange, yet familiar, brand new, yet known for his entire life. His new vocabulary surges before him, rushing onwards and onwards, while his mind struggles to keep up, like a tired parent running after her child during a visit to a particularly large candy store. And during this, some part of his over-loaded head recognises that, suddenly, it can understand those voices, eliminating from those humanoids. Another part of his brain twigs onto the idea of making a hell of a lot of money as a translator, but the thought is quickly lost in the waves of firing synapses that make up that turbulent sea that is his very consciousness.

In his hands, held lightly as if almost forgotten, he holds a piece of sand paper, covered in lines and shapes. A few words now begin to escape his lips, and he repeats: "A light year in a day... A light year in a day!"

-----

On that note, I'll change my actions for this turn (if they haven't been rolled yet): Clutching the blueprint, I stagger to my feet, thank the aliens, and begin walking back to the ship.

EDIT: Hang on... did you want Gieran to tell you guys during the actions or somewhat? *Face desks*
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 02:58:20 am by James.Denholm »
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2009, 03:00:18 am »

I am just trying to think of a good reason not to open fire right now. These UEs don't seem to care about making a good impression.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:05:01 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2009, 03:40:19 am »

Well, let me put it this way: They might damn well be able to wipe us out with their minds alone. Above this, I'm still prone, right next to them.

I don't want Lear to hate me for getting his character killed!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2009, 03:51:26 am »

As I understand it, the characters come back after death, but with a new player. So it isn't 'that' bad, but possibly worse if you don't like how the next person plays them, and you might never get your own character back, meh, its complicated...
Read the First Post!

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2009, 04:03:30 am »

What makes this more interesting is that I'm the only person on the waiting list. :D

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2009, 04:05:07 am »

heh heh heh, you better get them killed, we can't miss a chance to make the universe implode!
Read the First Post!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2009, 04:06:39 am »

Alright, for clarification i'll need each of you to post your real turns so i can post turn 8.

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2009, 04:15:26 am »

Clutching the blueprint, I stagger to my feet, thank the aliens, and begin walking back to the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12