Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sentient Species/Civs  (Read 1566 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: Sentient Species/Civs
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 03:49:00 am »

I was just thinking and have some questions about some entity tags:

1)[SCOUT] [WANDERER] [BEAST_HUNTER] what do they exactly do?
2)the triggering tags from population, production, trade are they or/and related?
3)What are the behaivors expected from SIEGING/AMBUSHER/THIEF/SNATCHER/SKULKING and their combinations?
4)Will restricted bioms and medium sized areas let civ's warring and still be alive? (i make a mode where i want all other creatures be just [CANCIV][CANLERN] but no speak so they all will be agressive (expect my antmans ;)
5)About pets, how would you do that your playing civ have a restricted (few) pets available, and others preferebalie still have their normal ones but you cant tame does creatures (maybe i will remuve mechanic so no capture?) but still it is hard to separate with only one kind of domestic tag.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 03:56:14 am »

I was just thinking and have some questions about some entity tags:

1)[SCOUT] [WANDERER] [BEAST_HUNTER] what do they exactly do?
2)the triggering tags from population, production, trade are they or/and related?
3)What are the behaivors expected from SIEGING/AMBUSHER/THIEF/SNATCHER/SKULKING and their combinations?
4)Will restricted bioms and medium sized areas let civ's warring and still be alive? (i make a mode where i want all other creatures be just [CANCIV][CANLERN] but no speak so they all will be agressive (expect my antmans ;)
5)About pets, how would you do that your playing civ have a restricted (few) pets available, and others preferebalie still have their normal ones but you cant tame does creatures (maybe i will remuve mechanic so no capture?) but still it is hard to separate with only one kind of domestic tag.
1) In worldgen, creatures of that civ will "explore the area", "begins wandering the wild", and "begins hunting exotic beasts in...". It helps them get kills. Explorers and wanderers have a higher chance of finding creatures. Hunters seem to actively go after wild beasts in the area.

2) Based on fortress wealth and population. These basically say when a certain civ can start trading/siege

3) Siegers siege, ambushers ambush, thieves shief, snatchers snatch. Awfully specific wasn't it? They appear to be non-related. Each token allows the civ to do that action. I'm not sure about skulking.

4) I don't think civs that are very far apart can war against each other.

5) There are only a few tags that can be used to classify pets, such as [EVIL] and [BENIGN]. You might want to look into mounts.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 04:16:00 am »

ok so for some precision, on my questions,
1) if they don't have those tags will they expand, wage war (like they haven't scuted befor so i don't see why they would but migth be mistacen) or this is only adventures from legends tags?
2) if you have all three tags, you need to meet all conditions or just one of them (logical AND or logical OR), also if you don't have a tag will it not count at all or will it be considered as a default value?
3) i guessed well that they do that but is there an order (if have only one tag they will do that but if there is more, they will first times ambush then later siege? or do they steal things, then babys then siege (for no AMBUSH just SNACH THIEF and SIEGE)?

anyway thanks for the reponse, i just seeking some more detailed things about tags (thing not written in wiki) if someone alredy tested them (i would and will test myself but my computer is just too slow for massive testing and one migth have alredy done those tests ...)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 07:10:02 am »

ok so for some precision, on my questions,
1) if they don't have those tags will they expand, wage war (like they haven't scuted befor so i don't see why they would but migth be mistacen) or this is only adventures from legends tags?
2) if you have all three tags, you need to meet all conditions or just one of them (logical AND or logical OR), also if you don't have a tag will it not count at all or will it be considered as a default value?
3) i guessed well that they do that but is there an order (if have only one tag they will do that but if there is more, they will first times ambush then later siege? or do they steal things, then babys then siege (for no AMBUSH just SNACH THIEF and SIEGE)?

anyway thanks for the reponse, i just seeking some more detailed things about tags (thing not written in wiki) if someone alredy tested them (i would and will test myself but my computer is just too slow for massive testing and one migth have alredy done those tests ...)

1) They still do stuff, I believe. Keep it in just in case. It's a minor tag that doesn't really matter.

2) These 3 are separate. There's only one condition for sieging anyway. The rest just happen. To answer your question, if you don't have the tag, it just won't happen.

3) Events happen independent of each other. Siegers will siege when you're rich, ambushers ambush during trading, and thieves appear during trading time.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 09:11:51 pm »

If anyone wants I have a lizard manish race they are pretty intense and about equal with the orcs in combat but I need some testers cause I have tried to make them siege me and they should since on embark it the the red broken line thing but they haven't they sent a few thieves (which i don't remember adding) but othr then the two thieves that was it can anyone give some suggestions to make em more violent?
Nom nom nom

Chariot

• Bay Watcher
  • Turtle Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »

I currently have 16 different species civving and I've never seen one entirely wiped out in worldgen yet.
Nice work Chariot, may i ask you hov do you assure that they don't get wiped out? big starting population? restricted biomes? restricted ethics? some word genning parameters?

i doubled the starting and max populations of all civs, but other than that, they overlap in biomes and have wars all the time, but some of each always

edit: Oh! I forgot I changed the world gen # of civs from 20 or whatever the default is to max. That by itself is probably enough
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 08:07:23 pm by Chariot »

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 09:40:33 pm »

3) Siegers siege, ambushers ambush, thieves shief, snatchers snatch. Awfully specific wasn't it? They appear to be non-related. Each token allows the civ to do that action. I'm not sure about skulking.

Wrong.  Sieging tag makes it so that when enemies siege you they will make a campfire near where they come in, wait there for a bit, then attack you.  Ambusher makes it so that when enemies siege you they start invisible like if they were ambushing.  Item thief makes it so that the civilization sends out thiefs to steal your items and other similar kobold behavior; also this makes it so that the requirements for whether or not the civ ambushes/sieges you to be based on how much they stole from you.  Baby snatcher makes it so the civ will be natrualy hostile to you and also send out baby snatchers and later on ambushes.   Sulking I am not quite sure, but I think it makes it so that the civ would not be a true civ but more kobolds.  Also all civs will siege you if they are at war or hostile to you.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:34 am »

Wrong.  Sieging tag makes it so that when enemies siege you they will make a campfire near where they come in, wait there for a bit, then attack you.  Ambusher makes it so that when enemies siege you they start invisible like if they were ambushing.  Item thief makes it so that the civilization sends out thiefs to steal your items and other similar kobold behavior; also this makes it so that the requirements for whether or not the civ ambushes/sieges you to be based on how much they stole from you.  Baby snatcher makes it so the civ will be natrualy hostile to you and also send out baby snatchers and later on ambushes.   Sulking I am not quite sure, but I think it makes it so that the civ would not be a true civ but more kobolds.  Also all civs will siege you if they are at war or hostile to you.
don't think it so for all question ... skulking: more they steal more likely the attack, and kobolds are a real civ (you don't see them on embark becouse they use caves like sites (and caves are not really known to other civs) actualy what i was more not sure is that what is the order of these behaivors ... not the meaning of each tag (i read that on wiki and seems workin') but will they do one if others are available and which they do begin with ...
Mohreb el Yasim

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2009, 03:58:19 am »

Oh yeah, that's what they do.

I was under the impression I've seen all 3 tags used in one race at once, so I thought they did something else.

Thanks for the correction.
Pages: 1 [2]