Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Getting dwarves to fall in love  (Read 2696 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Getting dwarves to fall in love
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:36:30 pm »

How do you do it?

I currently have two dwarves that I want to get together.  How much do we know about what causes or delays relationships forming?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Getting dwarves to fall in love
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 12:49:49 pm »

main thing that either helps or hinders relationships is religion, likes/dislikes and thier thought process, but best thing to do is to put both of them in a single square meeting area and hope for the best.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 12:55:00 pm »

don't just put them in, lock them in. Treat it like forced blind/starving/dehydrated dating.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:11 pm »

You can dump food in via  a garbage dump so need for them to starve.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 01:30:53 pm »

Get a bunch of prepared meals and booze in a room with a table and 2 chairs. Draft the soon-to-be-couple-whether-they-like-it-or-not into the military and station them in there. Lock the door, decomission, and designate as a meeting hall.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 02:52:19 pm »

If you're unlucky, they'll kill each other, and if you're really unlucky they'll get halfway through before finding love, and when the recently strangled love of their life dies, you've got a tantrum on your hands.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 02:59:16 pm »

my dwarves get lovin' by themselves, I have a massive tower-stockpileish thing with a nicely sized meeting areas.
Hello Hunam

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »

I think my dwarves may be Catholic. I've got a bazillion couples, but none of them are breeding (except the one couple that started off with two, and had another.)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 03:02:27 pm »

Who killed the stork?
Hello Hunam

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 03:13:02 pm »

A pigeon as an act of revenge (go see the most dwarven pelican thread)

Hyndis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 03:16:16 pm »

Make a single very tiny meeting zone.

Ghavrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 04:46:52 pm »

I think my dwarves may be Catholic. I've got a bazillion couples, but none of them are breeding (except the one couple that started off with two, and had another.)

If they're married, I think you just confused "Catholic" with "Episcopalian."  ;)
Ramps in DF are these sort of hyperdimensional monstrosities capable of allowing you to walk upwards in whatever direction seems plausible at the time

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 05:42:45 pm »

One of my most tragic couplings was between two soldiers. Early in the training, an unlucky blow caused a yellow spine injury on a training wrestler. He lay (and still lays, in his 11th year) in a barracks bed, friendless and alone (I undrafted him from the military too as my military does not accept the injured). Somehow, he fell in love with an Elite Wrestler/Training Axedwarf who trained in the barracks and saw past his injury and inability to move, but her life and their love was tragically cut short by several -Iron Bolts- fired during a goblin siege. He rests there still, entirely friendless; his relationship box mentions only his god and his beloved Elite Wrestler, taken from him so long ago. He will never recover and will likely rest there until he dies of old age or is slaughtered in his bed by something Fun.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 05:24:47 am »

Nothing sparks romance like a few barrels of gutter cruor and some -kitten tallow roast- (30)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 05:43:23 am »

One of my most tragic couplings was between two soldiers. Early in the training, an unlucky blow caused a yellow spine injury on a training wrestler. He lay (and still lays, in his 11th year) in a barracks bed, friendless and alone (I undrafted him from the military too as my military does not accept the injured). Somehow, he fell in love with an Elite Wrestler/Training Axedwarf who trained in the barracks and saw past his injury and inability to move, but her life and their love was tragically cut short by several -Iron Bolts- fired during a goblin siege. He rests there still, entirely friendless; his relationship box mentions only his god and his beloved Elite Wrestler, taken from him so long ago. He will never recover and will likely rest there until he dies of old age or is slaughtered in his bed by something Fun.

:'(
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."
Pages: [1] 2 3