Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hostile Horses  (Read 939 times)

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hostile Horses
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:40:31 pm »

A failed attack on my fort yielded me several horses in my cage traps which my animal trainer quickly got down to training. In the units menu, it reads 'Stray Horse-Hostile'; will these badboys be safe to let free?
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
Re: Hostile Horses
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 09:11:19 pm »

If they tasted blood, they will attack your dwarves.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 02:51:26 pm »

They've never harmed anyone; only served as mounts to my enemies.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 04:04:23 pm »

You can only tame creatures originally listed as "Wild Animal". Creatures listed as "Hostile" or "Invader" have already been trained (by your enemies) and cannot be peacefully released (they'll either attack your units or simply flee to the edge of the map).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 04:14:04 pm »

Drop them in a pit and let them breed, the foals will be trainable.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 07:24:45 pm »

Cool I already have a bunch of horses so I think I'll let them free as a sign of my charity; that or throw their cages into the magma (I unfortunately have no magma but I'm just throwing that out there for the magma lovers)

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 07:41:46 pm »

Won't they attack the foals? I remember reading that horses who gave birth during a siege attacked the foals.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:12:55 am »

Won't they attack the foals? I remember reading that horses who gave birth during a siege attacked the foals.

That is horrifying.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

arc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 02:56:54 am »

That is horrifying hilarious.

Fixed that up for you.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:25 am »

As goblins, I've frequently had to deal with invader horses getting caught in cage traps.

They can be tamed, but they will still be hostile. They won't attack your fortress, but they will still interrupt everybody's work.

Best to put them down.

Yes. Yes they will.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 03:01:50 am »

Horses are not worthy enough to live if they are going to be a problem. I have a unicorn farm so it's far more worth it to just turn the horses into Shashimi.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.