Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Disc Fortress  (Read 17334 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Fortress
« Reply #195 on: October 18, 2009, 03:04:32 pm »

Auditors should totally be Vermin that randomly deconstruct things like  dwarves
Yes
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 18, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »

Auditors should totally be Vermin that randomly deconstruct things like  dwarves
Yes
Of course they're just as likely to deconstruct goblins, megabeasts, HFS, etc. Life is life, and life is messy.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 19, 2009, 02:54:56 am »

No. There are Rules. They cannot do that.

Auditors should be like cats, except they breed infinitely quicker and faster, thus destroying your FPS, causing time to stand still.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 19, 2009, 02:59:09 am »

Nah, have them deconstruct structures and walls at random. Auditors don't directly kill things, but they do interfere and try to set off chains of events that will cause everything to die, like making Darwin late for his boat, or deconstructing the floodgate stopping the Magma from flooding your fortress.

NightWatchman

• Bay Watcher
  • Ol' Stoneface
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 19, 2009, 04:21:52 am »

...is anybody actually making any of this? Or are we waiting 'til the next release?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 19, 2009, 04:39:51 am »

I'm guessing the latter. We're still brainstorming now, anyways.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 19, 2009, 05:07:56 am »

The Nac MacFeegle would best be done as something similar to kobolds, only faster and stronger.

You do not want them to make successful raids.  An ambush would likely kill you.
NMF/WFM raids would be usually be of the "A thief made off with your cow", type.  If the visuals were improved enough, this would have been heralded by the cow-tile being seen rapidly disappearing off-screen.  Backwards.

Or,  possibly more likely, suddenly your alcohol stockpile is replaced by... either nothing or a crowd of the NMF prepared to headbutt anything they think is in their way.  Including walls.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 19, 2009, 05:23:17 am »

Vermin that eat live animals, can get through alcohol and food barrels in record time, and can't be caught by cats or wooden traps?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 19, 2009, 06:17:56 am »

Vermin that steal Cows, drink alcohol and destroy barrels almost instantainiously and if caught by a trap (or cat) break the trap (or cat).

Firnagzen

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_INSANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 19, 2009, 06:20:13 am »

Vermin that eat live animals, can get through alcohol and food barrels in record time, and can't be caught by cats or wooden traps?

Meh, got to wait until we can attach [CURIOUSBEAST_GUZZLER] to vermin. As currently implemented, that tag is terrifying. I have no idea how one black bear went through my entire 700+ stockpile of alchohol. The bear probably sloshed after that.

EDIT: ... Actually, can we do that already?
Christ, are you dwarves or are you elves? If you think Hell has too many demons, then you kill them till the population reaches an acceptable number.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2009, 06:31:26 am »

Dunno, but yeah the guzzler tag is nasty. The way it works is when a creature with the tag comes in contact with a barrel full of booze (they seem to path towards them if they're nearby too) it instantly drinks the entire barrel.

Dwarves normally only take like one drink from the barrel. A guzzler drinks the whole damn barrel in one go, which is why a single bear can go through an entire drink stockpile in 60 seconds flat.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2009, 01:39:19 pm »

Nah, have them deconstruct structures and walls at random. Auditors don't directly kill things, but they do interfere and try to set off chains of events that will cause everything to die, like making Darwin late for his boat, or deconstructing the floodgate stopping the Magma from flooding your fortress.
Or hiding the materials somebody needs for their strange mood?
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2009, 09:03:28 pm »

Or hiding the materials somebody needs for their strange mood?
Ooh, that's a good one.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 20, 2009, 02:30:55 pm »

I HAVE TO SAY, AUDITORS ARE QUITE AMUSING. THEY ALSO CHEER ME UP ON SLOW DAYS.

..*Cough*

They would most likely carry rotten stuff into the main hall, and just wait for someone to throw a tantrum, while the auditor walks off down the nearest tunnel to 'accidentally' push the lever purposely. This would cause all the water to redirect into the top of the fortress through 'poorly' made structures that don't quite follow the plans, that were made previously. They then take the Dwarf Panic room for themselves as they wait for Death <Missing Character> to pay them. In...*shudder* COINS.

Edit'd For miscalculation of things.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 07:56:30 pm by kholhaus »
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 21, 2009, 04:16:54 am »

They then take the Dwarf Panic room for themselves as they wait for Death to pay them. In...*shudder* COINS.
Hmmm, that doesn't sound like the Death we all know and love...
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15