Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Disc Fortress  (Read 17346 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Disc Fortress
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2009, 01:13:34 am »

A miasma inducing slow-moving magma-ish mudriver? Sounds like ankh-morpork.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

NightWatchman

• Bay Watcher
  • Ol' Stoneface
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 16, 2009, 04:04:28 am »

We also need a stupidly tall Tower of Art. Random areas of wall are missing, Giant Crows at the top.

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:52 am »

We also need a stupidly tall Tower of Art. Random areas of wall are missing, Giant Crows at the top.
and what of the giant blob of stone that looks like a dragon on top of it?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 16, 2009, 04:50:07 am »

Yeah, Let's just suspend a dead person above the thieves guld, while we're at it?

And is the seamstresses guild decked out with depraved images?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 16, 2009, 06:35:16 am »

Don't forget about the Unseen University's Library.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 16, 2009, 07:19:36 am »

That might be a little harder...

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 16, 2009, 07:27:10 am »

With this new underground update it should be possible to do the sewers too.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

veerserif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2009, 07:48:39 am »

A thought just struck me...
What about re-naming adamantium narrativium? Then we could have swords forged out of solid Narrativium, that can cleave through (almost) everything, and presumably has a nice 'ting!' when light hits it.
Dunno how the HFS would factor into it, though.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2009, 09:02:29 am »

Dunno how the HFS would factor into it, though.

Obviously they're the unnamed things from beyond the veil.  Or whatever Pratchett calls them.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2009, 09:30:01 am »

Obviously they're the unnamed things from beyond the veil.  Or whatever Pratchett calls them.
There's three main options, on a spectrum, from my POV...
  • Your actual demons.  Quezovercoatl, Astfgl, etc.  Which are really pretty tame entities.
  • Dungeon Dimensions (e.g. Bel Shamharoth, and the things that Osric guards against), which (barring flame) match things quite well, though when the magic sphere comes into play they might be tasked to appear in areas of high thaumatlurgical use.
  • The Auditors.  Building destroyers (result of taking them apart atom by atom trying to see how they tick), but perhaps rather exceptional creatures, given how they don't usually act very HFSy (think Hogfather, where they act on the fringes, not directly.  Although in ToT they do wander round and do the above when the T is in the process of being Ted).

NightWatchman

• Bay Watcher
  • Ol' Stoneface
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 16, 2009, 03:58:46 pm »

• Your actual demons.  Quezovercoatl, Astfgl, etc.  Which are really pretty tame entities.
  • Dungeon Dimensions (e.g. Bel Shamharoth, and the things that Osric guards against), which (barring flame) match things quite well, though when the magic sphere comes into play they might be tasked to appear in areas of high thaumatlurgical use.
  • The Auditors.  Building destroyers (result of taking them apart atom by atom trying to see how they tick), but perhaps rather exceptional creatures, given how they don't usually act very HFSy (think Hogfather, where they act on the fringes, not directly.  Although in ToT they do wander round and do the above when the T is in the process of being Ted).

Don't forget those damn elves.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 16, 2009, 06:43:13 pm »

Is there some way you could mod the raws to make elves take extra damage from iron, or more crit-chance from iron?

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 16, 2009, 06:55:01 pm »

I think you can in the next version; if not, then eventually you should be able to.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 16, 2009, 07:09:56 pm »

In order:
1) No.  Too tame.
2) Could work.  "Narritivium" could appear around them due to the fact that when they show up, its because the plot demands it.
3) No.  No rational explanation available for why they'd show up underground or why "narritivium" encloses them.  Also, food would have to kill them.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 16, 2009, 09:32:34 pm »

To be fair, Octiron kind of fits the bill better...

When Rincewind landed in the DD, the very sand was octiron, which straight away gives you justification for the supermetal being around them (no such justification for demons, auditors or elves).
Further, it's strong, magical, has a VERY high heat resistance (or really heat capacity, but still) and an unusual density (v. heavy, not v.light).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15