Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cheating DF  (Read 6037 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cheating DF
« on: August 03, 2009, 01:41:02 am »

How do i cheat ingame, like free logs, stone, iron etc. etc. Anyway, night all!

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating DF
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 01:50:27 am »

you make custom reactions to create the free junk you want, this can be used to produce pretty much anything, i don't know the exact specifications to make it make certain things, but i think the wiki should have info on that...
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 02:01:45 pm »

Also, note that adding new reactions requires you to generate a new world, but changing existing ones doesn't
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 02:21:28 pm »

How to cheat for free metals:
 Goto the raw folder and then the objects folder. You should see a text file called Reaction Standard. Enter it and delete all instances of [FUEL] and [REAGENT:X]. All metals should be made for free at a Smelter.
 You will need to scour the modding forum to find reactions for Wood, Glass and other non-metal products.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 03:38:13 pm »

All metals should be made for free at a Smelter.

Not all metals, only alloys (more than one ingredient, which can be ore or bars), coke (made from ore, but not a metal), and adamantine (made from strands).
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 04:51:30 pm »

You can also modify the products tag to get more materials per job
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 05:44:21 pm »

Copy and Paste this at the end of your raws standard reactions file. Generate new world. Build smelter. Go nuts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As someone who (clearly) knows how to mod/cheat. I still think it's better doing it legit. Perhaps you'd have more fun/be more interested in learning about methods to get that kind of stuff via standard DF?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 05:53:02 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 06:24:19 pm »

Sure Truean, this metal cheat helps alot since i obliviously settled in death valley, i have sparse trees up to the north end of the map and their going to be used for beds and such, i will need a killing chamber for immigrants as im going to be buying a shitload of wood for metal crap, as such whats a fast and effective way to kill a dorf?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:26:31 pm »

Copy and Paste this at the end of your raws standard reactions file. Generate new world. Build smelter. Go nuts.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As someone who (clearly) knows how to mod/cheat. I still think it's better doing it legit. Perhaps you'd have more fun/be more interested in learning about methods to get that kind of stuff via standard DF?

You have 2 [REACTION:FREE_GEMS55] there. Also, what happened to 9 and 10?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 11:50:25 pm »

Update, forging the bars, no prob. But how do i get free.. well stuff, at the forge, is what i would like to know.
Alright, i decided im going to be makin me some metal beds, how do i mod that in and transfer the graphic for a wooden bed[wooden bed in mike mayday graphics pack, that is] to a metal one? im using a metal bed as an excuse for a bed with springs and such as wooden ones suck ingame apparently.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:03:31 am by x2yzh9 »

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:07:34 am »

Beds don't have springs, matresses do. So you are giving your dwarves metal matresses. All the fun in this game is in the challenges. If you have a problem, figuring out yourself in the game is a lot more fun than typing some stuff in all caps in the files then genning a new world. Sorry about the rant but this is one of the few games I don't understand why someone would want to make this game easier for no reason.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Lonewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Feral Observer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 12:12:07 am »

[REACTION:CHEAT_ADAMANTINE_BED]
[NAME:cheat adamantine beds]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:50:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 12:31:15 am »

[REACTION:CHEAT_ADAMANTINE_BED]
[NAME:cheat adamantine beds]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:50:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
What file should i put that in?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:50:27 am by x2yzh9 »

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 01:27:59 am »

Beds don't have springs, matresses do. So you are giving your dwarves metal matresses. All the fun in this game is in the challenges. If you have a problem, figuring out yourself in the game is a lot more fun than typing some stuff in all caps in the files then genning a new world. Sorry about the rant but this is one of the few games I don't understand why someone would want to make this game easier for no reason.
One of the reasons is i can almost never get a successfull fortress even running.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:11 am »

How do i mod it so that i can get free charcoal at a wood furnace.
Pages: [1] 2 3