Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Cheating DF  (Read 6038 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Cheating DF
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 01:33:15 am »

Beds don't have springs, matresses do. So you are giving your dwarves metal matresses. All the fun in this game is in the challenges. If you have a problem, figuring out yourself in the game is a lot more fun than typing some stuff in all caps in the files then genning a new world. Sorry about the rant but this is one of the few games I don't understand why someone would want to make this game easier for no reason.
One of the reasons is i can almost never get a successfull fortress even running.

So rather than cheating, let us help you?

A small working fort is fairly simple. Dig a 5x5 room with 5 beds in it, designate the middle bed as a bedroom and set it as a barracks. Dig another 5x5 room in a soil layer, build a farming plot and set it to grow plump helmets year round. You now how sleeping quarters and a virtually unlimited food source. In a third room, 9x9, build a kitchen, still, and put in 5 tables/thrones.

You can brew the plump helmets into wine and cook prepared meals from the wine. Yay, successful fort.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 02:24:55 am »

[REACTION:CHEAT_ADAMANTINE_BED]
[NAME:cheat adamantine beds]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:50:BED:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:ADAMANTINE]
What file should i put that in?

That goes in reaction_standard.txt.
How do i mod it so that i can get free charcoal at a wood furnace.

You can't, but you can take the [FUEL] and [REAGENT] tags out of one of the coke reactions in the aforementioned file.
Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:46 am »

Or just adapt a reaction so that it spits out coal/coke when used just like the bed one.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 02:50:55 am »

Or just adapt a reaction so that it spits out coal/coke when used just like the bed one.
Yea, but im not good with the X:Y:Z specifications under the reactions so if someone would be willing to set me up one, that'd be great. If not, mkay :'(.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 02:58:40 am »

Wow, a cheater that doesn't even cheat on his own. He asks pathetically for others to make cheats for him. I'll stop now.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:17 am »

Wow, a cheater that doesn't even cheat on his own. He asks pathetically for others to make cheats for him. I'll stop now.

Come on, be nice.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 03:04:43 am »

Wow, an asshole flamer who can't stop posting hate messages for someone who isn't a fucking matrix person, beanchubbs, go get some therapy.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 03:06:32 am »

Ok, I admit I was an asshole just then. I'm sorry for that. What were you meaning by "who isn't a fucking matrix person"? I don't believe I quite get it.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 03:09:48 am »

Ok, I admit I was an asshole just then. I'm sorry for that. What were you meaning by "who isn't a fucking matrix person"? I don't believe I quite get it.
I assume he meant someone who is interested/able to learn modding.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 03:11:55 am »

Ohhh, I get it now, I thought he meant he wasn't able to do that little bend at the knees stunt thing. That makes a lot more sense. And again, sorry for being a douche.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 03:41:49 am »

Ohhh, I get it now, I thought he meant he wasn't able to do that little bend at the knees stunt thing. That makes a lot more sense. And again, sorry for being a douche.
little bend at the knees stunt thing, hm.. er, no idea.
I assume he meant someone who is interested/able to learn modding.
Well, yes but i was flaming him. It was a flame-fight so you know, you throw things you dont inteend to.. I'm confusing myself currently.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 10:22:31 am »

Play nice you two....

My codding is practical and works. It isn't text book but does it have to be?
------------------------
Solving your fuel needs is simple and has two solutions. I recommend option 1, 'cause it's easier. I leave which one to use to you:

1.)

[REACTION:FREE_CHARCOAL]
[NAME:make CHARCOAL]
[SMELTER]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NONE:COAL:CHARCOAL]

This provides free coal at the smelter. It is included in the copy/paste I posted to place into your raws.

2.) Use "Tweak" available on the DF wiki utilities page. Edit in a tile with magma, enable magma forges. This eliminates fuel, magma trenching from pipes, fire creature danger, etc.
---------------

You seem to be asking for ways to get free things at workshops other than smelters. This is not feasible currently. Most of the workshop reactions are hardcoded. This means it is a major pain in the a** to deal with it. Absent being a programmer equal or at least comparable to Toady himself, you will not be able to do it (or at least without screwing things up badly). Most people on the modding section of this board will not touch this area, because it is complex. I will not bother going into this area myself for the same reason.

In short, you can cheat and get free metals and even finished items but only at the smelter currently. It's a small price to pay for free items isn't it?

As for your concerns about legit playing, I can sympathize with them. I have a different solution that I have been suggesting Toady make standard for some time. It's simple: increase the speed and trade capacity of caravan wagons. This allows you to trade for more goods and heavier goods like wood and flux stone.

Go into your raws. Look up the "Creature equipment file." There will only be one entry: Wagon. It will say something like "Trade capacity. The number will be 15000, or something like that. Whatever the number is add a 0. ONLY ADD ONE 0. Sorry to capitalize but it is very important. If you add more than one 0 you are increasing the weight capacity of he wagon too much. Two things will happen if you make this mistake:

A.) Your FPS will die. The more things on the map, the lower FPS. More things in the wagon = less FPS.... A whole crapload of things in the wagon = dead FPS.

B.) The wagon itself will crawl so slowly across the map that it will never get to your trade depot. It will actually say the merchants are leaving, before it even gets close.

Yes, I am speaking from personal experience.

Point is, you can trade for these things.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:26:19 am by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ranzear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 11:55:11 am »

I'm just watching for the obligatory 'How do I win?'.

Quatch

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_ GRADSTUDENT]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch? Sometimes..
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 12:03:30 pm »

A non-world regenning cheat to get more/different metals:

Convert normal rock into ore by copying a line from a metal ore into a rock. Then you can smelt orthoclase for iron (or whatever).

You could also change all the ores to produce more bars of metal per lump of ore.
SAVE THE PHILOSOPHER!
>>KillerClowns: It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarven science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".
>>Orius: I plan my forts with some degree of paranoia.  It's kept me somewhat safe.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 12:17:15 pm »

I'm just watching for the obligatory 'How do I win?'.
Me too. I'll post so I can get updates on when it happens.
*grabs popcorn*
Pages: 1 [2] 3