Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The frist time i played Adventurer Mode...  (Read 4570 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The frist time i played Adventurer Mode...
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 07:36:05 pm »

The first time I started Adventure mode I was following the wiki. Which turns out to be complete rubbish, as I have yet to start in a mayor's house and there are never any drunks. from there I decided to go it alone, stepped out of town and was promptly eaten by wolves.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 08:18:29 pm »

The first time I started Adventure mode I was following the wiki. Which turns out to be complete rubbish, as I have yet to start in a mayor's house and there are never any drunks. from there I decided to go it alone, stepped out of town and was promptly eaten by wolves.

Yeah Drunks are a lot rarer than they used to be, but if you look hard you can occasionally find them. If you started as a human you should begin in the Mead Hall, aka Tavern, Pub, Bar which is often mistaken as the Mayor's House, although if you follow the mayor (who is actually just a local weapon's master) you can find his real home. Anyhow, if you did a good job of picking your initial strengths wolves should never be a real difficult as long you back away from them and attempt to battle them one by one.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 02:03:11 am »

The first time I played adventure mode I was eaten by wolves.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 06:23:42 am »

the first time I played aventure, I was sent to kill a camel in a cave, got there, fought a named leopard while exploring, heard the camel burning to death in dragonfire, decided to go claim my reward, was sent back to get another named leopard in that cave, and on the way a giant scorpian stole my sturgeon leather pants and strangled me with them.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 07:12:17 am »

Someone really needs to update the wiki, the adventure mode parts are mostly incomplete and unhelpful.

My first dwarven adventurer died when I tried teaching him how to swim.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Mr Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 08:19:21 am »

My first human Wrestler died shortly after subjecting a Shopkeeper to huge amounts of pain.
He broke all his limbs, tore off several fingers, gouged out both eyes then strangled him until he BLED to death.

He was smacked into a wall by a maceman shortly thereafter.

NikkTheTrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2009, 11:49:13 pm »

I got a quest to kill a Hydra. Here is how it went:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:21:59 am by NikkTheTrick »
Dwarf Fortress- where nightmare fuel is recycled into business plan.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2009, 11:57:11 pm »

I am boggled.

How did you manage to vomit when everything you could vomit with was no longer inside your body?  :D

I've never met a hydra, though, they always get wiped out in worldgen so that by the time I start there's only one left.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

NikkTheTrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 12:10:02 am »

I am boggled.

How did you manage to vomit when everything you could vomit with was no longer inside your body?  :D

I've never met a hydra, though, they always get wiped out in worldgen so that by the time I start there's only one left.

I think it happened the following way:

The lower body was torn away after Hydra shook me.

Hydra bit me in the lower body and my guess is that the first bite line was somewhere in the middle of the belly (intestines were ruptured and spilled out) while the other line was somewhere around diaphragm. Apparently, escophagus was not ruptured, so I proceeded to vomiting out contents of my stomach and, possibly, intestines that were still connected to it. Vomiting continued for a few seconds until hydra shook me, the lower body was torn off completely and escophagus was finally ruptured. Upper body flew a little distance and escophagus (assuming it remained with the upper body) kept expelling whatever vomit was still in it plus blood while lower body remained in Hydra's grip. At that point, Hydra tasted feces that were spilling out of my mangled intestines and decided to spit the rest of me out.

Lesson: if you intend to eat whomever you kill, make sure you extract their intestines relatively intact so that their contents don't spoil the tasty meat. That Hydra found it the hard way.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:25:05 am by NikkTheTrick »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:57:38 am »

Hydra are normally quite easy due to the fact that they are a walking bunch of vulnerable necks and heads, any one of which could end up killing the hydra is damaged.

NikkTheTrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 12:20:48 am »

Hydra are normally quite easy due to the fact that they are a walking bunch of vulnerable necks and heads, any one of which could end up killing the hydra is damaged.
The trick is damaging them before adventurer ends up being torn in two...

That adventurer went to hydra straight from the city he spawned in, so his skills were not good at all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 12:28:14 am »

Someone really needs to update the wiki, the adventure mode parts are mostly incomplete and unhelpful.

I could do it I guess. I already wrote that start up FAQ on this board.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 02:00:39 am »

My first time I immediately set out to ripping off elves' clothes in their sleep and strangling them with said clothes. I killed about 5 elves and then was shot in the heart.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 03:45:45 am »

I could do it I guess. I already wrote that start up FAQ on this board.

That would be a very good idea.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2009, 04:38:13 am »

I want to say that I was KILL BY DEMONS, but I wasn't. I seem to remember some satyrs attacked some children, I went to help out, I accidentally attacked some children, got besplattinated by the townspeople.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 [2] 3