Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Baseball Manager Game?  (Read 722 times)

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Baseball Manager Game?
« on: August 02, 2009, 11:59:51 pm »

This isn't a thread for me, it's for my dad. He's a big baseball fan and he's told me numerous times that he'd like to have a game where he could manage a baseball team. (Not talking about fantasy baseball here). We used to have one on our old Vendex II, where you could manage any team of your choice over multiple seasons, but obviously that one's a bit outdated. I'd really like to find him something he could mess around with. Anyone here know of any that might fit the bill?

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Baseball Manager Game?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 12:09:40 am »

While searching on Gamefaqs for even less then a minute, I found a game called Baseball Mogul 2009 for the PC (There are more then just 2009) which might be what you're looking for.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 05:43:53 am »

Matrix games is giving away Puresim baseball 2007 for FREE

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/581/PureSim.Baseball.Now.Available.for.Free

Basball mogul is easier and not as good.

Holy Cow!
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

gnarr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 09:59:21 pm »

In my opinion Out of the Park Baseball (OOTP) is the best baseball sim available and has been for many years.  It is extremely customizable, you can load current MLB rosters, set your own fictional rosters, teams, leagues, etc, screw around with the stastical generators, etc etc etc. 
$40 but worth it.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/ootp10/

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 12:31:25 am »

Thanks! That Out of the Park looks almost exactly like what he's been looking for.

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 12:57:14 am »

i find the interface for OOTP ...clunky.  Too much reloading of screens to do multiple roster moves...needs right click menus.
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne