Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Megabeast numbers/frequency?  (Read 2754 times)

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Megabeast numbers/frequency?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 08:17:47 pm »

My most heavily increased is the dragon, size 50, block 200, with 200-400 damage for two seperate attacks. Most other megabeasts have damblock increased to at least 80, and damage increased to above 100 for the min damage.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 02:48:54 am »

There is only one solution.

Add more 0's behind the numbers.

Gaz-1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 06:29:23 am »

Remove internal organs. [NOBREATHE], [NOTHOUGHT], [NOBLEED]. Umm, some other stuff. I've got Greater Terrasques that don't die in 2000 year old worlds. ALthough they do die to the hands of freakishly lucky champions.

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 09:02:58 am »

Adding the [ITEM_THIEF] tag to them makes them much more survivable because they don't attack towns as much as grab loot and leave.  It should make them less deadly to civs as well.  Not as exciting history in world gen though.  [ITEM_THIEF] plus a high cluster number might get you a high amount of mega-beasts that are still alive and with civs remaining. 

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:42 pm »

The problem isn't in making the beasts tougher - I've also been thinking of adding Torrasques or some other sort of ridiculous thing. I just want to know how to change the number of them created during worldgen.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 07:46:38 pm »

Adding the [ITEM_THIEF] tag to them makes them much more survivable because they don't attack towns as much as grab loot and leave.  It should make them less deadly to civs as well.  Not as exciting history in world gen though.  [ITEM_THIEF] plus a high cluster number might get you a high amount of mega-beasts that are still alive and with civs remaining. 

[ITEM_THIEF] would make sense for dragons, since in most fantasy they love treasure and can't get enough of it. But I just had this mental image of a hundred-foot long dragon trying to hide behind a tree.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:12:14 pm »

Dragon: Mwhehehehe. I got away with his slate mug. Now my rule is absolute!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 04:05:00 am »

Dragon: Mwhehehehe. I got away with his slate mug horse leather earring. Now my rule is absolute!

Is it just me, or do dragons have no standards at all?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 10:23:18 am »

what happen's when you add [SNATCHER]?
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 12:05:43 pm »

Dear god... dragons raising dwarves as their own and storming your fort with a squad of dwarven thralls!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 02:12:20 pm »

what about a dragon race living in caves  :P
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »

A skulking race of dragons living in caves... thing is, you really really don't want to catch one of those thieves. Once you discover them, they remember how much they love wanton carnage.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 05:00:09 am »

it would be nice but you can't add a creature ITEM_THIEF , it is an entity token :( (tryed and had error in the log file)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Shakma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 08:39:24 am »

it would be nice but you can't add a creature ITEM_THIEF , it is an entity token :( (tryed and had error in the log file)

I meant [CURIOUSBEAST_ITEM] I think. 

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 01:54:32 pm »

OHH is it possible to add [ABUSE_BODIES] to a creature
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3