Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Making the worlds most badass megabeast.  (Read 2389 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Making the worlds most badass megabeast.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 04:15:41 am »

He's one hell of a monster... Typhon for the win.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 05:16:02 am »

I'd make a megabeast be some incorporate god-like force that has sizes in other dimensions and doesn't have internal organs. The manifestation of Death or something. It could explain why it only takes up 1 square dispite being insanely powerful.

I'd like to see multi-tile megabeasts, but eh.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 12:36:33 pm »

MOD A WAGON. THe dragon tank is the first attempted dragon-wagon hybrid. it died by spawning in a doorway...
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 04:45:51 pm »

MOD A WAGON. THe dragon tank is the first attempted dragon-wagon hybrid. it died by spawning in a doorway...

X was a wagon. He was one of the only ones of his kind. X was scuttled in Nefastkib.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:02 am »

Make him breath fire, take away his heart/lungs/brain. That should keep him going for a while.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 10:28:00 am »

As I said, I want a gigabeast, but still beatable with enough champions
A creature of size 100 and 25 damblock can't be hurt by 1000 of champions. They basically have no attack value to damage it.

Also it's damage + size 100 = instakill, you don't need to make a range of a to b, just make a to a.

Also 2HEAD_HORN attack is wrong, you should use specific bodyparts for attacks.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 10:34:30 am »

The most deadly megabeast I've modded is this:

Body:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Creature:
Entity:

Thankfully they only rarely appear and rule over goblin fortresses, but damn they are seriously dangerous, the webbing, firebreath and blood drinking abilities are only in there because at present there isn't any magic, I also included some code so they can be played in adventure mode, so far I've only managed to kill one once with my most powerful adventurer but she was mortally wounded and died soon after.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:24:05 pm by Evil One »
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 12:18:13 pm »

[CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK] are the part of [INTELLIGENT];    [EXTRACT_PERMANANT] is wrong, it should be    [EXTRACT_PERMANENT];
[HUMANOID_JOINTS] in body tag shouldn't be there because he has no arms/legs.
Other than that, it's a really good demon design :).
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 12:19:56 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 12:26:23 pm »

[CAN_LEARN][CAN_SPEAK] are the part of [INTELLIGENT];    [EXTRACT_PERMANANT] is wrong, it should be    [EXTRACT_PERMANENT];

Err... Doesn't the [HUMANOID] Body type automatically come with arms and legs?
I've altered the other bits though... If you decide to add these into your game watch out they sometimes appear during sieges.
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 03:56:19 pm »

Err... Doesn't the [HUMANOID] Body type automatically come with arms and legs?
I've altered the other bits though... If you decide to add these into your game watch out they sometimes appear during sieges.

AND ARMOK SAID, "LET IT BE SO!"

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 10:42:59 pm »

During sieges?

Do want.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2009, 06:45:29 am »

During sieges?

Do want.

Watch out, They appear only very rarely, I've had them appear twice so far and both times I lost a fortress... Make sure you have plenty of Crossbowdwarves and Axedwarves it's the only way to stop them.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2009, 06:59:39 am »

During sieges?

Do want.

Watch out, They appear only very rarely, I've had them appear twice so far and both times I lost a fortress... Make sure you have plenty of Crossbowdwarves and Axedwarves it's the only way to stop them.

But they end up the ruler of a goblin civ, right? So if I embark next to a [GREATER_DEMON] ruled goblin civ, it should come in due time...

First, of course, I have to world regen.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2009, 07:32:59 am »

But they end up the ruler of a goblin civ, right? So if I embark next to a [GREATER_DEMON] ruled goblin civ, it should come in due time...

Well if you start next to a goblin civ ruled over by a [GREATER_DEMON] don't complain to me if your fortress gets flattened.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2009, 07:42:50 am »

Well if you start next to a goblin civ ruled over by a [GREATER_DEMON] don't complain to me if your fortress gets flattened.

It will be a fiery burning death, set to an orchestral score whose instruments are the screeching of molten dwarves Fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3