Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Making the worlds most badass megabeast.  (Read 2377 times)

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Making the worlds most badass megabeast.
« on: August 02, 2009, 10:43:49 pm »

Not for public modding really, but I made this guy with a dumb name:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The only problem is, I want this guy to be an absolute assrape upon the world whenever he's genned.  Instead, he's often dead after 5-7 kills, while other MB's get upwards of 13.  I've given him high damblock, all the NO_whatevers, and speed and five main attacks.  Most of the time, he wanders around getting worshipped.  How can I make it so he doesn't give a crap and just kills whatever comes into his vision?   Also, how to make him outlast every other megabeast, I want to see my dwarves take this fucker on.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 11:35:24 pm by StealthArcher »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Making the worlds most badass megabeast.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 10:59:51 pm »

His damage and damblock could be better, reasonably. And you can always give him crazy over 9000 stats.

You could make him way more dangerous by not having some mortal-wound organs as well.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 11:02:00 pm »

As much as I wanted a gigabeast, I didn't want a vegetabeast. >.>

I'd prefer to find a way to do it without ova9000 stats.

How about the worshipping?  How do I get him to just kill on sight?

Telcontar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 11:06:21 pm »

Hm. I give my dragons size 50 and damblock 200, NOPAIN, NOFEAR, NOEXERT, NONAUSEA, and damage in the 300-400 range for a bite and maul attack.

I've modded my other megabeasts similarly, though not quite to the same level. Dragons are king in my world.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 11:10:01 pm »

Hm. I give my dragons size 50 and damblock 200, NOPAIN, NOFEAR, NOEXERT, NONAUSEA, and damage in the 300-400 range for a bite and maul attack.

I've modded my other megabeasts similarly, though not quite to the same level. Dragons are king in my world.

Quote for truth and Quote for fun.

I will probably mod my mega beasts size and damblock to be something like that the next time I gen.

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 11:33:57 pm »

Well, that worked, not much change to damblock, or attack damage, just make the size 100.

Damn, if a Dragon is 20, imagine what it must look like when you see one of these.  I genned a large world, and the only megabeasts left after 1000 years are the three original of these.  None have died, in fact three dragons fought the male and died in the same year.

ninja_danz0r

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 11:35:30 pm »

I'd go for a lower (better?) speed value, seeing how the unencumbered dwarf's raw speed is 900, whilst trained dwarves move a lot faster.

I genned a large world, and the only megabeasts left after 1000 years are the three original of these.
And woah that's pretty amazing

StealthArcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 11:38:12 pm »

I'd go for a lower (better?) speed value, seeing how the unencumbered dwarf's raw speed is 900, whilst trained dwarves move a lot faster.

I genned a large world, and the only megabeasts left after 1000 years are the three original of these.
And woah that's pretty amazing

As I said, I want a gigabeast, but still beatable with enough champions.  If I make him much faster he reaches impossible level.

And yeah, The Terrifying Age has been going on since 122. :D

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 12:48:07 am »

Can they breed?

DO EET!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 04:38:23 pm »

I made this guy with a dumb name:

If you want a different name, here are some ideas:

Blight
Scourge
Warbringer
Demolisher
Unmaker
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 05:50:25 pm »

Making the Size big is the best way to preserve their survival. You can mod them back down to size after world-gen, which helps; I think the world-generator puts preference on size over other traits.

Anyway, you should look into other mythological critters to give the beast a name. Greek myths are a good place to start.

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 06:16:33 pm »

I don't know why people put [NOFEAR] on things they want to survive. No fear means, well, no fear... so they never run away from losing battles.

Experiments with a race that I gave this tag to showed that they would fight every battle until the last man was dead, even if they were taking casualties in the hundreds and were utterly failing to kill any enemies.

pbheadtemp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 06:55:20 pm »

Blight

been playing outpost 2 recently?

"the blight" used to give me nightmares... end of the f****ng world... so uplifting.
Its preety dam fail when you manage to type in your email address wrong twice in the same way in a row, and create an account you cant access.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2009, 08:45:29 pm »

Blight

been playing outpost 2 recently?

"the blight" used to give me nightmares... end of the f****ng world... so uplifting.

No, actually. I hadn't even heard about Outpost 2 up until this point.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 01:51:02 am »

this is one pretty damn impressive beasty  :o

on the topic of names for the beast: i suggest going with the idea of hunting down mythology for good choices. my idea: Typhon

to sum up the all-knowing wikipedia article on him: he kicked f**king ass. he was the biggest and baddest of all the Titan's children. when he decided to attack Mount Olympus itself, all the gods ran away in fear, except for zeus; and the only way zeus could beat him was to drop an entire mountain ontop of him and trap him. hell, look at his kids: Cerberus, the Sphynx, The Nemean Lion, The Hydra, and The Chimera

Typhon attempts to destroy Zeus at the will of Gaia, because Zeus had imprisoned the Titans. Typhon was described in pseudo-Apollodorus, Bibliotheke, as one of the largest and most fearsome of all creatures. His human upper half reached as high as the stars. His hands reached east and west and had a hundred dragon heads on each. His bottom half was gigantic viper coils that could reach the top of his head when stretched out and made a hissing noise. His whole body was covered in wings, and fire flashed from his eyes. He was defeated by Zeus, who trapped Typhon underneath Mount Etna.
Pages: [1] 2 3