Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: Time Travel Mafia, Day 3  (Read 32233 times)

Xegeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Time Travel Mafia, Day 1
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2009, 01:14:01 pm »

Time for some homework. Your first post was:
Just the usually baseless accusations.  I don't see any suspicious behavior yet.
10:13 AM (My time)

So, you didn't see it until then, even though you were on at...
It's like when you're playing those stupid kill everyone missions in CoH and then you can't find the last guy.  Stupid hidden lurker guy!

Webadict, his first post was this:
I didn't see this thread!  Sorry!!!  I'm here.   ;D

This game is going to be so weird.

He only took 4 minutes to notice the PM. His second post was just a response to mine.

I think I'm going to vote for Leafsnail for that comment but I will FoS Little.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2009, 01:15:11 pm »

Fair enough then, I don't know the terminology very well.  I understand Mr. Person's suspicions, so I won't do a standard OMGUS vote.  I personally agree with Webadict, especially since Toonyman has now resorted to calling what he did earlier a "Joke" (often a scum tell).  Therefore I vote Toonyman, and ask him why he decided to lie to us previously.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2009, 01:15:47 pm »

I agree that Leafsnail should come out and comment more on the game. We don't have too much to go on, and there's always a chance that whatever he has to say could result in finding some scum.

Ninja'd. :I

As for Toonyman, I agree that his posting style seems unusual, but I'm not really suspicious enough of him to vote yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2009, 01:18:04 pm »

I'm doing my best, but to be honest I'm not sure how to get people talking properly yet.  Even if Toonyman isn't scum, he still decided to lie to the town, which isn't helpful to enquiries.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2009, 01:21:17 pm »

webadict knows how I am.  I bet he's scum!!  RARRR!

;D

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:59 pm »

Fair enough then, I don't know the terminology very well.  I understand Mr. Person's suspicions, so I won't do a standard OMGUS vote.  I personally agree with Webadict, especially since Toonyman has now resorted to calling what he did earlier a "Joke" (often a scum tell).  Therefore I vote Toonyman, and ask him why he decided to lie to us previously.

Bandwagoning just because other people want you to vote? FoS Leafsnail
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2009, 01:35:20 pm »

I'll be honest Toony, a flat OMGUS accusation with no supporting evidence isn't very helpful.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »

I'll be honest Toony, a flat OMGUS accusation with no supporting evidence isn't very helpful.

What he said was obviously him joking around. Notice the "RARRR!" and smiley.

But you're right. He isn't being helpful at all, except perhaps by digging his own trench deeper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2009, 01:40:33 pm »

webadict is always scum when he does this, or atleast being a foolish townie.  I read all the Paranormals, I've seen this in action.  I'm starting to think if I should role-claim so you don't get the wrong guy lynched.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2009, 01:42:32 pm »

webadict is always scum when he does this, or atleast being a foolish townie.  I read all the Paranormals, I've seen this in action.  I'm starting to think if I should role-claim so you don't get the wrong guy lynched.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Does this".  He just seems to be pointing out what he thinks is scummy about your posts, which is something he and a lot of other players regularly do.  I'm not convinced about your guilt, or, indeed, his innocence, but some of what you've said seems to be rather odd.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 01:49:05 pm »

Wrong, TM. Web scumhunts when he's townie (or even 3rd party after death in the case of Paranormal 4) too. And definitely not when he's being a "foolish townie." In fact, just because of that comment (along with your general attitude and comments this game), unvote Little. I vote ToonyMan. You're acting like a bad Org. And by "bad Org," I mean "can't lie worth shit."

Roleclaim wouldn't do much except probably bring WIFOM into play.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2009, 02:17:43 pm »

Time for some homework. Your first post was:
Just the usually baseless accusations.  I don't see any suspicious behavior yet.
10:13 AM (My time)

So, you didn't see it until then, even though you were on at...
It's like when you're playing those stupid kill everyone missions in CoH and then you can't find the last guy.  Stupid hidden lurker guy!

Webadict, his first post was this:
I didn't see this thread!  Sorry!!!  I'm here.   ;D

This game is going to be so weird.

He only took 4 minutes to notice the PM. His second post was just a response to mine.

I think I'm going to vote for Leafsnail for that comment but I will FoS Little.
That seems to be my bad. I thought it seemed odd.

Come on guys I didn't see the message [1] thing.  The sleeping thing I just said was a joke.  Stop trying to get a town killed already, like you always do webadict.
I always get town killed, now do I? That seems a bit drastic to say. Can you be more specific as to which town I kill?

Saying anything else just makes me more suspicious, I know how this works.  Even saying this is suspicious now isn't it?
The funny thing is that you, ToonyMan, didn't seem to notice that little blunder. Heck, I probably could've made something up and you would've had no retort for it.

Your sentence contains a paradox in that you say I'm always scum, unless I'm a townie. You should probably fix that to make sense.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2009, 03:14:17 pm »

By the way, I've just realised that the time travel element of this round may end up being less important than we originally thought it would be.  This is because if you just set any actions you do to yesterday, there will be no way of undoing them.  Just to make sure noone gets complacent thinking that the doctor can resurrect them no matter what.

Also, is there any actual confirmation on roles?  I only found this on the other thread -

7) There is no Cult. Only Mafia, Town, and the possible Serial Killer. (EDIT: I am also considering a Survivor character too)

And, of course, since the kills will be done at different times, we won't be able to work out if there's a serial killer just by counting the bodies each night.

Also, we of course get no roleflips, so we will be sortof firing in the dark.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2009, 03:19:28 pm »

By the way, I've just realised that the time travel element of this round may end up being less important than we originally thought it would be.  This is because if you just set any actions you do to yesterday, there will be no way of undoing them.  Just to make sure noone gets complacent thinking that the doctor can resurrect them no matter what.

Also, is there any actual confirmation on roles?  I only found this on the other thread -

7) There is no Cult. Only Mafia, Town, and the possible Serial Killer. (EDIT: I am also considering a Survivor character too)

And, of course, since the kills will be done at different times, we won't be able to work out if there's a serial killer just by counting the bodies each night.

Also, we of course get no roleflips, so we will be sortof firing in the dark.
Yes, that is why I was saying they were dumb. If there is someone that can kill in the past, then it won't matter what we do in the present. However, there might not be a person that kills in the past. There might be a person that can only kill in the future. Or a person that can only kill in the present. Servant Corps wasn't very clear on what roles there are, but he never said they could always go to the same point.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2009, 03:46:31 pm »

Sorry all, lighting struck near my house after I posted that last message, I don't have much time right now.  A neighbor was kind enough to lend me her computer.  My internet is destroyed.  I won't get it back until tuesday or wensday.  Sorry.   :(

I'm docter by-the-way.  Might as well while I can.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13