Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: How to get a girlfriend  (Read 28815 times)

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a girlfriend
« Reply #195 on: August 05, 2009, 08:41:30 am »

The one part I would take slight issue with is #1 -- if hanging out for you means going to the comic shop and playing Warhammer, you won't meet girls.  That probably goes without saying though.

Fair enough, but that's probably a sign that all your socializing shouldn't be done via Warhammer. :P

Not that I'm that much better.

I'm probably injecting a bit of my personal experience into these opinions, necessarily. I've always been sort of a loner, on the internet all the time, and never went out and "met people" in any sort of traditional way, yet still a surprising percentage of my good friends have been girls, and I've managed to find girlfriends anyway.

Really, even if the places you tend to go don't include many girls, odds are that some of the people you know are friends with some, and if you know one girl then you can potentially know something like eighty dozen through them. Or maybe I've just gotten consistently lucky about that, but I doubt it.

Well, how else are we supposed to give advice, right?  ;D Without personal experience, we wouldn't be able to form or communicate any of our ideas. Personal experiences are important for this reason.

What we have here is multiple different personal experiences. You should take what you can from them, and make your own advice out of what you get. I mean, what one person says might not be applicable in another situation, and so on. It's up to you to pick and choose.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 05, 2009, 09:34:05 am »

Re the friend zone; Oh ye pit of sorrow, that hast sunk my chances in times of yore, a pox upon thee!

Seriously though, horror stories with that stupid thing. Especially considering I usually only date people I've known for at least a month (long enough to gauge them, but borderline on becoming friends).

Also, Vester's anecdote reminded me of an important point. While this thread is about getting a girlfriend, it should be stated that nothing lasts forever, especially young love.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 05, 2009, 03:58:43 pm »

You might have just accidentally told him "if you're in a bad relationship, just stay in it anyway until the other person can't deal with it anymore". This can end up being pretty deceptive!

"Er, yeah, I wanted to end this three months ago, but I wasn't sure how. Sorry for leading you on."
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 06, 2009, 03:30:03 am »

Honestly, I think that would have been a better result than how things turned out.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 06, 2009, 05:18:12 pm »

That doesn't mean it's a good way to go about things, generally-speaking.

I mean, of course confronting awkward situations when you're young is difficult, but that's how you learn to do it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2009, 03:30:59 am »

OP: It's easy! Just f... Oh wait, I don't think that it's a good advice, sorry :). I should think harder.

P.S. Alcohol is your friend in such questions... Dagnabbit, again not-so-good advice! This one is better though.

P.P.S. Hey I know! Don't bother about being chubbish or manniples or other unimportant things, physical training is good but it's not a 100% way to get a GF. Again, it helps if you're athletic, but do you really want a GF which likes you only because of your shape (which can/will change in near future in better or worse state)? Just make friends and be yourself :). You often find girls in unexpected places, like locker roo... oh shit, I shut up now.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:34:32 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2009, 03:45:31 am »

What's the dating scene like in Russia anyhow?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2009, 03:58:18 am »

Tempted to make a "Soviet Russia" joke, but it would be in poor taste.

You often find girls in unexpected places

What, like under a rock?  :D

As trite as it sounds, "be yourself" is sound advice. Of course I'm not sure what I'm doing giving advice to a boy about how to get a girlfriend, since it would make more sense for other boys/men to do that, but I hope my perspective helped!  ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2009, 04:48:39 am »

I don't posses your self-restraint, so I'll make the joke: dating is great in Soviet Russia, because girlfriend gets you.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2009, 04:58:12 am »

I don't posses your self-restraint, so I'll make the joke: dating is great in Soviet Russia, because girlfriend gets you.
Damn it, you've got the point. At least it's how I earned my beloved wife :). I don't mean I did nothing, but it was mostly her initiative.

Well, usually it happens on a backseat of a riding bear somewhere in a deep forest near a tank factory.

It's time to mine for girls, fellow dwarves!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2009, 05:54:53 am »

Code: [Select]
[MATGLOSS_STONE:GIRL]
[VALUE:1000000][COLOR:r:7:1][TILE:15][GEM:girl:STP]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALLUVIAL:CLUSTER_ONE:1]

Praise the miners!  We've struck chicks, dude!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2009, 06:20:21 am »

Code: [Select]
[MATGLOSS_STONE:GIRL]
[VALUE:1000000][COLOR:r:7:1][TILE:15][GEM:girl:STP]
[ENVIRONMENT:ALLUVIAL:CLUSTER_ONE:1]

Praise the miners!  We've struck chicks, dude!
FOR EPIC WIN! :D
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 07, 2009, 06:22:38 am »

[VALUE:1000000]
Ehh, you might overexagerrate a little  ::)

Also: Oh god! I've got a perfect gray granite room, and now there's this weird GIRL tile in the room! It breaks the immersion!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 07, 2009, 06:24:31 am »

[VALUE:1000000]
Ehh, you might overexagerrate a little  ::)

It's called Supply and Demand.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 07, 2009, 06:27:33 am »

Well, probably you've settled in a wrong biome then, we have no trouble with it here.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19