Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: How to get a girlfriend  (Read 28824 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a girlfriend
« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2009, 07:36:32 pm »

Man, emo, man.

If I was that obsessive, I'd done it too...

EXCEPT WITH MUCh, MORE, EXPLOSIONS!

Wow. Um, man, what's going on with you? You seem slightly out of it whenever you post.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2009, 07:37:50 pm »

Constant compliments and sweetness worked rather well on my current girlfriend, but then again I knew her since I was x2yzh9's age so we had that whole friend thing going before hand.  :P

Stop bragging geeze!

Sorry.

No, it's too late now! The damage is done!

What if I bought you a pet whale?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2009, 07:38:30 pm »

Only if it has a saddle, and an oxygen tank so I can ride it underwater and stuff!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2009, 07:41:15 pm »

Constant compliments and sweetness worked rather well on my current girlfriend, but then again I knew her since I was x2yzh9's age so we had that whole friend thing going before hand.  :P

Stop bragging geeze!

Sorry.

No, it's too late now! The damage is done!
I knew one person really well for. I failed and it sucks! She was my friend and may have had an interest in me. But then I moved.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »

Only if it has a saddle, and an oxygen tank so I can ride it underwater and stuff!

What if its a space whale?
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Okenido

• Bay Watcher
  • Loli Advocate
    • View Profile
    • New Various Nonsense
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2009, 07:44:05 pm »

Man, emo, man.

Wow. Um, man, what's going on with you? You seem slightly out of it whenever you post.

He's been in the hellhole of /jp/.

It has corrupted his mind for too long, he is far past any redemption.

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2009, 07:47:18 pm »

Man, emo, man.

He's been in the hellhole of /jp/.

It has corrupted his mind for too long, he is far past any redemption.

A tear comes to my eye when another one of our youth is taken by those boards.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2009, 07:51:47 pm »

*shudder*

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2009, 07:59:24 pm »

and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl.

You know, I get the impression that that wasn't what he needed.

Sounds like he had serious problems aside from "can't get a date".

He sounds like he was creepy and obsessive. I hate guys like that.  >:(

Also I just reread sonerohi's post.
You were protecting him and he tried to stab you for it?
God, that makes my overmanly male friends (and not-friends) seem almost normal.

I understand that from the sounds of it, he was mighty creepy, but be a bit more sensitive Vester. The minds of young people can be warped considerably through bad parenting, social expectations, bullying, and alot of other stuff.

Well, yeah, I'm not dismissing that he had problems, I was just saying what he sounded like. Also, he was in grade school, so I'm willing to bet he wasn't emotionally ready for much. (depends on when in grade school this was). Sorry if I came off as being mean.

How to get a meaningful relationship with a girl:

• Stop trying so hard. Girls hang out the same place as other people, so as long as you meet people, you're all set, in theory. Besides, you run the risk of forming weird relationships when you meet people for that explicit purpose instead of getting to know them as people first. Leading me to:
  • Treat them like real people, as you would your guy friends. Treating women as some sort of special-case scenario (i.e. "men are normal, women are these weird creatures") just ends with you having a warped view of how gender works, and must REALLY suck if you're bisexual.
  • Speaking of which, don't rely on any stupid tricks or generalizations or "game plans" that people throw at you, here or elsewhere. People are weird and sort of varied. Not all girls are easily impressed by jewelry and pick-up lines or whatever, and generalizing a lot is likely to get a lot of girls thinking that you don't care about them as individuals, and honestly, if someone treats them that way, they're probably right. This kind of stuff might be good for picking up random chicks at bars, but I take it that's not the goal here.

G-flex is right. We're human too, for god's sake. You should make friends and meet people, not worry about finding a girlfriend because it's "cool". I say this because you seem to be a little stressed about this. Don't worry, relax, and let things happen. As they happen.

Although I want to clarify when he says "treating girls as you would your guy friends". I think he means to relax when you're around them and don't treat them any differently, which is a good idea. But I have to bring up that making jokes about penises/farts/whatever it is guys think are funny at that age? Bad idea. Although you might meet a girl with the same sense of humor, which is rare.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2009, 08:31:18 pm »

There are a LOT of ways in which you should treat girls differently than your guy friends, if you want them to date you. A lot.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Broose

• Bay Watcher
  • Pilfering Gatorhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2009, 08:46:43 pm »

I do not know why, but this thread really amuses me.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2009, 08:47:01 pm »

There are a LOT of ways in which you should treat girls differently than your guy friends, if you want them to date you. A lot.

You mean like asking them out?  ;D

I'm beginning to suspect that there's a lot of culture clash going on here, since everyone has different advice.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:57 pm »

Well yeah, in the sense that you're not about to flirt with your guy friends and ask them out on dates. But first and foremost, you have to treat them like people, and the rest should just grow out of that. If the first thing you do when you meet a girl is assess their attractiveness to you and judge them harshly based on that, and use that as a criteria for whether or not you want to know them, then you're doing the opposite, and that's bad.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:55 pm »

There's a good book: The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene.

Don't look at it as a 'guide to pick up chicks'. It's a nice read, with a lot of interesting stories, meant more for the intelligent types of people. If you guys enjoy arguing with people on forums and making up theories about how to seduce people, I'm sure you'd enjoy the book :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 05, 2009, 12:08:03 am »

There's a good book: The Art of Seduction by Robert Greene.

Don't look at it as a 'guide to pick up chicks'. It's a nice read, with a lot of interesting stories, meant more for the intelligent types of people. If you guys enjoy arguing with people on forums and making up theories about how to seduce people, I'm sure you'd enjoy the book :P

I think they're genuinely trying to help.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19