Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: How to get a girlfriend  (Read 28828 times)

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a girlfriend
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2009, 08:23:19 am »

and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl.

You know, I get the impression that that wasn't what he needed.

Sounds like he had serious problems aside from "can't get a date".

He sounds like he was creepy and obsessive. I hate guys like that.  >:(

Also I just reread sonerohi's post.
You were protecting him and he tried to stab you for it?
God, that makes my overmanly male friends (and not-friends) seem almost normal.

Man, emo, man.

If I was that obsessive, I'd done it too...

EXCEPT WITH MUCh, MORE, EXPLOSIONS!

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2009, 12:35:15 pm »

He really was just extremely depressed over that girl. He always talked about how he absolutely needed a girlfriend and he always talked about how that girl  was 'the one' and things like that, when he'd never even talked to her besides asking her out. He went suicidal over the whole thing. He was trying to stab himself during classes, and he wrote a letter to the girl threatening to kill himself if she didn't date him.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »

and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl.

You know, I get the impression that that wasn't what he needed.

Sounds like he had serious problems aside from "can't get a date".

He sounds like he was creepy and obsessive. I hate guys like that.  >:(

Also I just reread sonerohi's post.
You were protecting him and he tried to stab you for it?
God, that makes my overmanly male friends (and not-friends) seem almost normal.

I understand that from the sounds of it, he was mighty creepy, but be a bit more sensitive Vester. The minds of young people can be warped considerably through bad parenting, social expectations, bullying, and alot of other stuff.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2009, 02:10:37 pm »

I understand that from the sounds of it, he was mighty creepy, but be a bit more sensitive Vester. The minds of young people can be warped considerably through bad parenting, social expectations, bullying, and alot of other stuff.

For me sympathy only goes so far.  It's not like the fact of someone's creepiness is canceled out by my understanding of why they're creepy.  I might feel bad for them but I won't start wanting to hang out with them.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2009, 02:20:20 pm »

I know it doesn't excuse anything they might do Footkerchief, but it's very obvious he needed help, and just writing someone off as a "creepy obsessive person" will only result in them getting worse.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2009, 02:22:51 pm »

Alright x2yzh9, there are two roads to a woman's heart. There is the highway of good looks and natural charisma, that's the road I take. However, for somebody like who is... lacking in said areas, you'll have to take the second road: Bribery. Get the most rare and/or expensive thing you can find and she'll be all over you.

Ah kid, you have much to learn.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2009, 03:00:55 pm »

Alright x2yzh9, there are two roads to a woman's heart. There is the highway of good looks and natural charisma, that's the road I take. However, for somebody like who is... lacking in said areas, you'll have to take the second road: Bribery. Get the most rare and/or expensive thing you can find and she'll be all over you.

It's so sad that this is true.
Though I would never encourage the "bribery" path.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2009, 03:08:52 pm »

I don't know what a 12 year old girl would be interested in that's really fucking expensive.
P.S. As well, i don't think a girl is going to love me because i got her the new barbie dolls. Then again i have no idea whatsoever if 12 year old girls still like to play barbie shit.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2009, 03:13:28 pm »

Just remeber that it doesn't work on everyone.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2009, 03:18:39 pm »

Girls love jewellery from the day they're born. I suggest you buy some iron chain, spray it with gold paint and call it a necklace.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2009, 03:20:30 pm »

Constant compliments and sweetness worked rather well on my current girlfriend, but then again I knew her since I was x2yzh9's age so we had that whole friend thing going before hand.  :P
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2009, 05:02:26 pm »

How to get a meaningful relationship with a girl:

• Stop trying so hard. Girls hang out the same place as other people, so as long as you meet people, you're all set, in theory. Besides, you run the risk of forming weird relationships when you meet people for that explicit purpose instead of getting to know them as people first. Leading me to:
  • Treat them like real people, as you would your guy friends. Treating women as some sort of special-case scenario (i.e. "men are normal, women are these weird creatures") just ends with you having a warped view of how gender works, and must REALLY suck if you're bisexual.
  • Speaking of which, don't rely on any stupid tricks or generalizations or "game plans" that people throw at you, here or elsewhere. People are weird and sort of varied. Not all girls are easily impressed by jewelry and pick-up lines or whatever, and generalizing a lot is likely to get a lot of girls thinking that you don't care about them as individuals, and honestly, if someone treats them that way, they're probably right. This kind of stuff might be good for picking up random chicks at bars, but I take it that's not the goal here.
  • Just don't worry about it so much. The best way to be attractive and to make good friends with people is to be well-adjusted on your own terms, and know what you need without seeming desperate. If you're all worried and desperate about it, you'll just treat people (and yourself) weird and it'll get in the way of everything, not to mention make you seem less desirable in the first place. For instance, a lot of people say that people of the opposite sex notice them more when they're IN a relationship, and there's a reason for that: they're more comfortable and not buggering things up by trying too hard.

Those are my two cents, anyway. Apologies if any of this has been stated already, but hey, long thread.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2009, 07:21:45 pm »

Constant compliments and sweetness worked rather well on my current girlfriend, but then again I knew her since I was x2yzh9's age so we had that whole friend thing going before hand.  :P

Stop bragging geeze!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2009, 07:32:47 pm »

Stop bragging geeze!

Sorry.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2009, 07:33:46 pm »

Stop bragging geeze!

Sorry.

No, it's too late now! The damage is done!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19