Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19

Author Topic: How to get a girlfriend  (Read 28820 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a girlfriend
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2009, 08:12:40 am »

I went to a really small high school(My graduation class had 7 people in it) and there was really only one clique to speak of (Irritating pseudo-emo kids).  Even then, they interacted with everyone else, and everyone had friends that they wouldn't have associated with in a public school.  There wasn't much bullying, although there were several Friends That Everyone Hates, although I stopped tolerating one when he stole my seat at a basketball game so he could flirt with my friend(And then started insulting me when I was sitting right behind him!  The audacity!  Needless to say, it was on), but it wasn't really bullying so to speak, I just started calling him out on the stupid things he did that everyone else hated just as much.

I can't imagine going to one of those highschools with like 500 people a class, how long would the graduation ceremony take?
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2009, 08:27:23 am »

Maybe not for you, but it works for a surprisingly large percentage of girls. Not pointless bullying, mind you, but (verbally) violent response to even the slightest insult (which can be just about anything). Yeah, pretty much every girl will say she prefers nice guys, but majority of them keep getting attracted to jerks and then wonder why it is they always find jerk boyfriends. It's the ape in us all that makes women attracted to alpha males, and alpha males are almost universally jerks.

Anyway, back to bullying. Over here (Bosnia) it tends to stop in 6th or 7th year of schooling. I've never been bullied in highschool.

Well personal preference aside I don't understand why anyone would be attracted to a guy who mistreats them. I'm not attracted to alpha males (girl, FYI, I hope that it doesn't come as a shock that I'd be giving advice on how to get a girlfriend)  ;D

Where I'm from (hell the Philippines) it gets physical in high school. With violence. Mostly it's the guys. They all have knives and huge egos and when you combine those things faces get cut. It's not as bad in the private schools because private schools here are segregated by gender and boys in private schools don't have anyone to impress but each other. :(
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2009, 08:43:11 am »

Heh.

Worser: Cigarettes.

YOU NEED TO TAKE IT, OR [die], if you join a gank.

Also, one of the high ranked government school HAS AN ARMY (more like militia) FOR STREET WARFARE (Oh God now isn't that great?)

My school is also one of the high ranked, but we haven't fallen GETTING AWESOME like that!
I mean, I think I can knock out two or three fighters if there is a tawuran (read: teen's street battles) using OUR TECH CAPABILITIES. HAHAHAHA! ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2009, 08:49:41 am »

You'll need to use caps lock more often if you plan on winning any battles.
Shoes...

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2009, 09:00:19 am »

I went to a really small high school(My graduation class had 7 people in it) and there was really only one clique to speak of (Irritating pseudo-emo kids).  Even then, they interacted with everyone else, and everyone had friends that they wouldn't have associated with in a public school.  There wasn't much bullying, although there were several Friends That Everyone Hates, although I stopped tolerating one when he stole my seat at a basketball game so he could flirt with my friend(And then started insulting me when I was sitting right behind him!  The audacity!  Needless to say, it was on), but it wasn't really bullying so to speak, I just started calling him out on the stupid things he did that everyone else hated just as much.

I can't imagine going to one of those highschools with like 500 people a class, how long would the graduation ceremony take?

My graduating batch was about 120, but by then we mostly all were friendly with each other. The girls, that is. A lot of the "alpha" boys were still all about stomping on each other. I'm actually surprised that no one actually got stabbed through all of high school but I'll put it down to them being all talk.  ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2009, 01:40:21 pm »

yea, the town i live in has the highest per capita population in ALL of TX. YOu know what that makes? Alot of stuck-up fuckers. I know one as a matter of fact, usually she's cool but sometimes.. Agh. I was over at a friends house and theres were 2 other guys and a girl and i suddenly brought up if they thought she was stuck-up too, they wholeheartedly agreed. BONUS POINTS!! The bullying is most oftenly in rumors, I am a fairly strong guy but not epic, don't workout much but i guess i try to aggro on them whenever i get angry.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2009, 02:35:45 pm »

Where do you live, Vester?

My graduating class was around 125 and it took about 2 and a half hours or so? Oddly enough we have fireworks afterwards each year. I really don't understand how we afford it.

I've noticed that at graduations with more people in it, they say the names a lot quicker. We sorta took our time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2009, 02:36:44 pm »

Bullying makes you look like a dick, but self-defense is all coo'.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2009, 05:37:18 pm »

Where do you live, Vester?

My graduating class was around 125 and it took about 2 and a half hours or so? Oddly enough we have fireworks afterwards each year. I really don't understand how we afford it.

I've noticed that at graduations with more people in it, they say the names a lot quicker. We sorta took our time.

I'm from all the way over in southeast asia (the Philippines), which isn't really so bad as they say  ;D. And speaking of fireworks they're cheap (at least here) but I'm pretty sure that the number of fingers lost is inversely proportional to the price of the firecracker.

So for the rest of you guys, the bullying usually never gets stab-you-in-the-face or stomp-on-your-head type physical?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2009, 07:26:29 pm »

So for the rest of you guys, the bullying usually never gets stab-you-in-the-face or stomp-on-your-head type physical?
Not for me, but living in the academic heartland of Cambridge, in a (state) school full of children of academics, I may not be a representative sample.  Also I'm much taller than anyone who might try to bully me.  You might say that's not important, but it's much harder to stand your ground against someone a foot taller than you.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 03, 2009, 07:53:09 pm »

Well, My class (going in to 10th) is around 175 people, and not much bullying occurs, to my knowledge. Most people have at least 4 or 5 inches on me, but I'm too stubborn and unafraid of people to get bullied. Seriously, what are they going to do? cause me pain? Being punched is nothing compared to running 7 miles with a cramp.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 03, 2009, 08:50:18 pm »

I was almost the first stabee case at my grade school. There was this one really depressed kid. He kept trying to force this girl to like him, and she ignored him and rejected him, etc. His uncle died sometime during the little tizz, and he tried to use the sympathy card, and when  that didn't work he started blaming her for all his problems. He got really de-ranged and went physco on a whole bunch of kids outside of school. Then some kids tried to pick on him at lunch and he just lost it, so I told them to just back off of him. He got really pissed and tried to stab me with his fork, and I was only safe because the table was longer than his arm. Then he had a complete breakdown and got hauled off to a therapist and taken out of school for a month.

I was so close to having a totally badass story, and instead I got that ^. The school even tried to suspend me because they thought I'd been trying to push him over the edge. Yes I know it sounds dickish of me to not really care about the kid and just wish that he'd provided me with a better story to tell, but this kid had it coming. Everyone tried to help him at first, and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl. He decided to immediately rush off to find the same girl, and ruin his new self-confidence by asking her out.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 10:19:49 pm by sonerohi »
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2009, 07:48:51 am »

Gaah, I suspect that my school was abnormally higher testosterone levels compared to everyone else's, since you guys didn't seem to have any other problems.

Well, besides sonerohi's, but that incident sounds more like an unusual thing than something with the risk of happening every week. Also it doesn't sound like it was caused by testosterone.  ;D

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 04, 2009, 07:52:25 am »

and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl.

You know, I get the impression that that wasn't what he needed.

Sounds like he had serious problems aside from "can't get a date".
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 04, 2009, 08:05:50 am »

and alot of the guys, myself included, pitched in all our advice and skills to try and get him to be a date-able person, and then we pitched all our effort towards getting him to play the field and go date a different girl.

You know, I get the impression that that wasn't what he needed.

Sounds like he had serious problems aside from "can't get a date".

He sounds like he was creepy and obsessive. I hate guys like that.  >:(

Also I just reread sonerohi's post.
You were protecting him and he tried to stab you for it?
God, that makes my overmanly male friends (and not-friends) seem almost normal.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19