Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Dwarf: The Hammering, a play by post card game based on DF  (Read 20643 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf: The Hammering, a play by post card game based on DF
« Reply #315 on: December 09, 2009, 04:39:24 pm »

Humans and Dwarfs wanted!

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 09, 2009, 07:29:36 pm »

What are you offering?

Also, stone producers wanted.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 09, 2009, 08:23:23 pm »

<_<

I'd like a booster myself- obviously. Also-

I'm looking to trade for one or more of:
[Elf Blade Smoother]
[Elf River Druid]*
[Great Redwood Treehome]+
If anyone gets their hands on some.

I'll probably still want to trade for them if I get one. Look through my cards if you're interested:

Spoiler: List of Current Cards (click to show/hide)
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 09, 2009, 11:31:08 pm »

Bare in mind that PrinnyBaal is working on some new cards, and I might decide to put together a started deck sometime too. So saving your points could be good.

P.S.
 Okay, good news, I have put together a starter deck, this set is intended to be available only as a complete deck.
 Less good news, I have failed pretty severely in making the cards nice and simple for new players, although I do think I have managed some of the feeling of the start of a fortress, I based much of it off of Savok's first fortress playthrough.
 Terrible news, balance has been torn apart, scattered to the four winds, and trampled into the floor of a cattle show for a few months. If this is going to make it into the game it will need to be balanced and probably assessed for rarity.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 03:55:22 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: December 10, 2009, 08:38:17 am »

Overall good cards and I had a similar idea with cards like "took the anvil"
BUT
Dwarf weaponsmith has to have a {smith} tag and it's ability has to cost at least (w)x1 or else Magma furnance becomes pointless :/

My suggestions
You should not include those cards (Or change them):

Dwarf Expedition leader can pay for himself! Increase demand to <2>
3/3 is too much for only (m)x1 add some food cost or stone!

Dwarves with split jobs have to move to uncommon

Raw turtle is a card I just can't accept because it's free and produces stone.
It would be fine if it just produced food, but stone is a special resource, and I don't think free cards should do that...

Some of these cards are undercosted...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 10, 2009, 09:46:48 am »

Does this look about right for these?
      / [Dwarf Expedition Leader]+ (1)
         (f) x3 (s) x1 (m) x1
         {Dwarf} {Noble}
         Demand <2>
         While this card is in play opponents' events and abilities that damage your creatures by more than 1 deal 1 less damage.
         (X) : Produce (s) x1
         3/3
      \
Demand <2>(though it can't pay for itself if it fights)
(S) x1(needs an office now)
      / [Dwarf Miner/Mason]+ (1)
      / [Dwarf Woodcutter/Carpenter]+ (1)
      / [Dwarf Grower/Herbalist]+ (1)
      / [Dwarf Architect/Mechanic]+ (1)
         (X) (s) x1 : The next {Construction} you play this turn gains a +1 counter.
      / [Dwarf Armour/Weaponsmith]+ (1)
         (f) x1 (s) x1 (w) x1 (m) x1
         {Dwarf} {Smith}
         (w) x1 (m) x1 : Target {Dwarf} gains a +1/+1 Counter.
         1/2
      \
I don't think that everything needs to cater to existing cards, but I suppose it is still subtly different to the weaponsmith...
      / [Dwarf Brewer/Cook]+ (1)
      / [Lugged Cat] (1)
         (1) xf
         {Beast}
         (X) : Reduce the cost of the next card you play this turn by (f) x1, to a minimum of (f) x0.
         0/1
      \
      / [Raw Turtle] (2)
         () x0
         {Event}
         Produce (s) x1
         /
      \
The most important thing to me about the turtle is the shell, (s) seems to be about as close as I can get to that, unless I use (m), shells do make armour afterall...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 10, 2009, 10:14:01 am »

Looks okay so far, but it still needs playtesting  ;)

EDIT: Made my first part of a set that will expand the importance of biomes

Part one, Magma:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Feel free to comment on these cards, but take note that each and every card in here needs (Magma) so they're not in any way undercosted

Each Biome has a certain unique feel to it, and I really liked that and I will expand on that.

Magma has the feel of incredible destructive power, but a power that will destroy you if you aren't carefull.

Forest has the feel of harmony and thus incredible wood, and food producing. Also returning creatures back to the hand.

Mountain is the biggest stone consumer (along with magma) and producer. Will include some metal makers. It's power is to create really powerfull creatures out of weaklings. Biggest affinity with dwarves.

Underground is a very dangerous place. Mainly focused on creatures of the dark. Biggest utilizer of (X)ing enemy creatures. Total control of the opponent and some incredible creatures. Most of them hugely overcosted.

Water will be very interesting. It will be a good food producer, but also the biggest potential swarmer as it will be all about small, cheap creatures and card drawing.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 11:19:43 am by Rooster »

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 10, 2009, 06:48:23 pm »

I figure since you two posted yours- I may as well go ahead and post mine. I'm obviously going to be looking for balancing suggestions- but besides that, if anyone's got any thoughts...

Ah- I should mention this is just the first part. I guess I'll might post a teaser for the human cards as well after this one- but this is part 1, the Dwarven Set. Also; these were made with a couple assumptions: For instance; one that I made the mistake of assuming was that you could butcher without needing an action.  Given that's probably going to be the opposite- I'll probably reduce the butcher value for a cat, and decrease the damage it deals by 1 each.

Spoiler: A Savage Forest Embark (click to show/hide)

That's up for balancing. A lot of it. Anyway- thoughts on the cards? Oh, and if Rooster does Biome based sets, and I do racial based sets- we'll probably get some really good detail going actually, which would be fun.
I hope someone may note the type I so enjoy, the style I love to play via by my more subtle ploy...

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 10, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »

what is the mechanic for aging?

Edit: What's a lure?

Isn't dog already done?

Dwarven peasant is SO overpowered. I say there should be a drawback.

You can butcher a card at any time in the main phase. It doesn't take an action
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:11:00 pm by Rooster »

PrinnyBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 10, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »

Ah- right forgot. Ok... yea- I probably should have remembered to note a couple of those things.

Aging is basically each beginning of your turn- you automatically reduce it by one, when you would reduce it below 0, you replace the Aging card with another card.

{Lure} was meant to be a tag that indicated that if that creature can block a melee attacker, or be targetted by a ranged attacker, at least one attacker during the phase must be targeting it. Sort of a mandatory blocking creature.

Dog was -not- done in the base set, and while I'm rather certain that someone else has probably done Dog somewhere in the thread, I figured since I was going for a set, I'd do it in here to keep it with the relevant cards. Interactions between this set and others were expected tbh.

Dwarven Peasant... ended up losing his drawback in the last revision I did. My bad. Originally he was an aging card, but using the term Aging didn't feel right for him. I guess I should change that to "At the beginning of each turn, place an "experience" token on Dwarven Peasant. Dwarven Peasant may treat any {Dwarf} card with a combined cost lower than the number of "experience" tokens on him as an upgrade card.

Yes- I'm aware that butchering doesn't take an action apparently ((Something odd personally, but meh.)) but I still wanted to ask people's opinions on original version of cat, and how it should be downgraded. (Just damage? Just butcher value? Remember you're spending a card to deal 2 damage to a {Dwarf} that's still a payment in itself.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2009, 08:20:46 pm »

I'll also take those 2 boosters please.
Sorry, my bad.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And in the space of a single booster Rooster becomes a nudist colony...
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2009, 08:48:39 pm »

Hmm... I had some ideas earlier for booster themes, though I don't have a full pack yet:

Ambush! - This theme focuses on getting creatures into battle and striking quick and hard.

Spoiler: Example card (click to show/hide)

Heavy Assault - This pack focuses on the exact opposite of the one above. Cards in this are aimed at slowing down the pace of the game, blasting through your opponent's defenses, and strangling your opponent's resources.

Spoiler: Example (click to show/hide)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2009, 09:52:33 pm »

I have changed a mess of rules in my thread.
Read the First Post!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 12, 2009, 11:15:20 am »

Bumped for epic justice!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 12, 2009, 08:59:22 pm »

Oh, just in case it hasn't been said yet I am happy with Rooster making boosters for people.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24