Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: the most dwarven pelican the world has ever known.  (Read 6212 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: the most dwarven pelican the world has ever known.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2009, 02:18:58 pm »

My lady had one of her mice eat another mouse. They were in the same cage and just after an incident in which some mice escaped (two were ripped apart and eaten by her rats) this one decided to go psycho and ate another one. Now it's sitting there beside the others in another cage, staring at me with its oddly disheveled fur.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2009, 02:19:47 pm »

My lady had one of her mice eat another mouse. They were in the same cage and just after an incident in which some mice escaped (two were ripped apart and eaten by her rats) this one decided to go psycho and ate another one. Now it's sitting there beside the others in another cage, staring at me with its oddly disheveled fur.
that must be mildly disconcerting.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2009, 02:26:03 pm »

Sounds like that mouse had a tantrum fit!

On a tangent: my ratlings are now exactly one week old! :D
They be tiney squeekie liddle wurms.

...I know. My camera skillz suck. :(

My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2009, 07:35:45 pm »

It's really not that complicated >.>. Pelican = Hungry. Pelican = Badass. Pelican eat pigeon. You toss a shark a ham and he'll probably end up eating it, even if it's not fish. It's clearly has a very elastic neck, capable of swallowing much larger loads than it normally could (I'd assume it expands roughly as much as it's mouth can hold). Any way, I'd hate to be that pigeon.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2009, 07:37:45 pm »

it's pretty creepy though. imagine... being inside another living creature, getting burned to death by their bodily fluids and then being turned to animal waste. very disconcerting.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2009, 07:40:59 pm »

...Sure that wasn't just another rat that looked like a mouse? o,0

On a tangent: my ratlings are now exactly one week old! :D
They be tiney squeekie liddle wurms.

Congrats on the babies. What are you gonna do with 'em? Keep 'em?
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 09:54:07 am »

Nah, I'll be trying to pander them trumbles off to unsuspecting traders for 75Cr, like a good ELITE commander should, then I'll fly into a nearby sun.
[Hay to Captain Hesperus!]

hehe. all the talk about fuzzy wamblers and nests had me thinking of the olden days... :) wonder if ol' Hespy ever does a google search of himself....

I got papi neutered, so maybe I'll keep one female...maybe. Though the males are more difficult to place, I'd have to neuter them too. And any operation requiring anaesthesia is a bitch on small pets.
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 04:31:31 pm »

Rat tallow roasts?
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 05:06:50 pm »

What always confuses me is the comments on the video that talk about the pelican being a cannibal. Its not cannibalistic to eat something else from the same animal kingdom as you. Sheesh. That's like saying I'm a cannibal for eating beef (it's a mammal, right?). And this kind of confusion seems to be rampant, even among smart, educated people. I've had a lot of people say my parrot was cannibalistic for liking to eat chicken...

How people can fail such a basic definition baffles me.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 06:05:11 pm »

People are really, really, really, really, really stupid. Or suffering from temporary braincramp. Everyone gets it occasionally (I once invented electricity. I'm such a retard). The people who aren't smart are included in the opening statement...

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 07:09:10 pm »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:22:34 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 08:46:11 pm »

People are really, really, really, really, really stupid. Or suffering from temporary braincramp. Everyone gets it occasionally (I once invented electricity. I'm such a retard). The people who aren't smart are included in the opening statement...

You realize these are youtube comments, right? There's nowhere worse to go if you want intelligent discourse.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

MuonDecay

• Bay Watcher
  • Say hello to my little μ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 02:10:13 am »

You realize these are youtube comments, right? There's nowhere worse to go if you want intelligent discourse.

Not quite.
http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page

For discourse, the worst parts of the web are the places people go to specifically to avoid things that disagree with them.

0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 02:22:07 am »

???
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 11:22:44 pm by 0_0 OH MY SCIENCE 0_0 »

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 04:04:38 am »

BLOODSUCKING FINCHES? Fuck it, I'm never leaving my house.

On a lighter note, it's nice to see that animals are smart enough to see food where they used to see pigeon.

EDIT: Can we train birds in Britain to suck the blood of seagulls? If seagulls are in the places where the other birds are, then they're in the wrong place and deserve what they get.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4