Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d] Kidnapped children aren't shown as leaving the fort  (Read 539 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
[40d] Kidnapped children aren't shown as leaving the fort
« on: August 01, 2009, 01:23:33 pm »

So I have a fort that's in its 23rd year or something. And about 20 children have been kidnapped. I've noticed something about these kidnapped children.

In the units menu, they're shown as alive (with their job section being blank like all the other children). You can zoom to them, but it just zooms to an empty spot where they were when the goblin grabbed them. You can also zoom to them in the relationships screen, where the same thing happens.

You can also assign these kidnapped children to rooms, and all rooms that they've already been assigned to stay assigned to them even though they're not present anymore.

I have a save if you need it, Toady. I can even make a little list of children that have been kidnapped so you can look them up in the room assignment menu and the unit menu.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40d] Kidnapped children aren't shown as leaving the fort
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 09:37:04 pm »

Your kidnapped children are still alive.

Fifty years from now, they'll return as child catchers. When your military kills them, they'll be given a proper dwarven burial.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 03:17:02 pm »

Plus they come back with dwarven sized iron gear.

I think I just found a use for children.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Stormrage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:54:25 pm »

Oh, Rowanas! Don't be so cruel - they are just children!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 01:24:21 am »

I didn't think they could come back, with the whole "siegers are still generated at the edge of the fortress map" thing and the "history does not go on outside your fortress" thing. I still think there needs to be a Kidnapped status.