Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: SURVIVAL - HURP UH DURP  (Read 5508 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
SURVIVAL - HURP UH DURP
« on: August 01, 2009, 05:38:11 am »

^Fancy Banner^

I finally finished the thingy for this game, so I feel ready to actually make it.

Okay. Here's how it goes to sign up...
Fill this out:
Code: [Select]
Username:
Name:
Abilities: (Explain some things about their strength and willpower(required). You can describe other things if you want.)
Death:(don't fill this out!)

Yup. When you do that, I'll give you your scenario and items and then you begin. Killing yourself is an option, too.

There are three possible locations you can be in. Each location has four different scenarios of you arrival and each scenario has it's own free items that come with it.

The first location is the island. Islands are always large and always have trees. Fishing can help you a lot. You may be driven mad about the undrinkable water teasing you. The scenarios include cruise ship, personal ship, rip tide(I guess), and the oh-so stereotypical mobsters.

The second location is the wilderness. Not as secluded as the island and not as open as it either. Hunting is the best source of food here. You may go insane if you eat the wrong mushrooms, though. Scenarios are lost hiker, fishing trip, drug trip, and TERRORISTS.

The last location is the desert. Horribly open to the sun and really open to rescuers, this can be a crazy place. Trapping is the best source of food. The scorpions and the sun could make you go coo coo, here. The scenarios of your arrival are broken down, safari, plane crash, and party.

I will accept six people. If two people roll the same scenario, there is a %50 chance of them two being with each other.

Players

Username: Barbarossa
Name: SINISTAR
Description: Around 8 foot tall, allergic to sinisite.
Abilities: Powerful muscles
Death: ?!

Username: Duke 2.0
Name: Ivan Aonghus
Description: Small and stocky, Ian is a mechanic who works for clients that are on the move, like tours, oceanic exploration and other such long voyages. Pale and with light brown hair that he slicks back, he often wears a button-down shirt and jeans that look normal, if not for his heavy duty leather boots, belt and jacket.
Abilities: He is very determined, to the point of being obsessive. We will not stop until he understand the situation and knows how to fix it. Going to the fixing part is tricky, as often he lacks the will to actually fix what he has found. Is adept at mechanical engineering. Has a slow metabolism. Is prone to fits of anger.
Death:

Username: Tehstefan
Name: Roderick
Description: Lean and lanky, Roderick's around five foot ten, with average muscle, and average everything else. Nothing stands out about him
Abilities: He has strong willpower, but can often be victim to mood swings where he feels like doing nothing. As well, is competent in the wild, though nothing crazy. As for strength, moderate, he's no weakling, but isn't super buff.
Death:

Username: Sensei
Name: Sensei
Description: 5' 6", Caucasian male. Rather scant. Market audience for everything and hates everything marketed.
Abilities: Skilled in hiking, canoeing and general wilderness survival. Not very strong except for cardio and able to go bullheaded through almost anything except terrible food (meat excluded from almost ever being 'terrible'). Excellent climber. Capable demolition derby driver.
Death: Preferably awesome. Er, there's nothing in this box.

Username: Cthulhu
Name:  Sticks McGillicutty
Description:  Tall, douchebag, adverse to the outdoors
Abilities: Very little strength, low to moderate willpower.
Death:  Does this count as filling it out?!

Username: WorkerDrone
Name: WorkerDrone
Description: 5'11'', wears a awesome looking great coat and awesome Fedora, combined with tough boots, a black shirt and jeans, and a permanently scowling face.
Abilities: Strong Build and Endurance, he can swing a machete or shoot a rifle, and is capable of both fishing and hunting.
Death: But...I'm not dead. But if I must, seriously, its gonna be going down killing a bear by PUNCHING it, and than getting caught in an explosion. Awesome. Not that I want to die. I like living.

Waiting List

Spoiler: Neyvn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CJ1145 (click to show/hide)

Deaths
Spoiler: woose1 (click to show/hide)

This is open!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 04:56:49 pm by Jack_Bread »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: SURVIVAL - Let's get it started
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 05:39:27 am »

ON UPDATES
Updates will be once a day, similar to Hero.txt!'s.
Players should post an action within 3 days of the last update, on penalty of hilarious death.

Updates will only be posted after 3 players have posted their actions, including those who are together.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 05:08:32 pm by Jack_Bread »

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:53:20 am »

Eh? Whazzat?

Username: Woose1
Name: Sinistro
Description: EVIL!! EEEEEVIIIIIL!!! Also brown haired with light brown eyes, about 5'11".
Abilities: While having a very strong willpower Sinistro sadly lacks in upper body strength.
Death:

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:56:42 am »

Username: Barbarossa
Name: SINISTAR
Description: Around 8 foot tall, allergic to sinisite.
Abilities: Powerful muscles
Death: ?!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 05:37:16 pm »

Lawlbump

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 06:56:24 pm »

Username: Duke 2.0
Name: Ivan Aonghus
Description: Small and stocky, Ian is a mechanic who works for clients that are on the move, like tours, oceanic exploration and other such long voyages. Pale and with light brown hair that he slicks back, he often wears a button-down shirt and jeans that look normal, if not for his heavy duty leather boots, belt and jacket.
Abilities: He is very determined, to the point of being obsessive. We will not stop until he understand the situation and knows how to fix it. Going to the fixing part is tricky, as often he lacks the will to actually fix what he has found. Is adept at mechanical engineering. Has a slow metabolism. Is prone to fits of anger.
Death:
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 07:21:20 pm »

Woose1:Sinistro
Spoiler: RollTracker(tm) (click to show/hide)
One day, on a cruise to Alaska, Sinistro came aboard. He smuggled in two hunting rifles and a machete... somehow. During the cruise, disaster happened! For Sinistro, at least. While walking around deck with his... two hunting rifles and his machete... the boat rocked, causing him to fall overboard. He grabbed onto a rope that was hanging off the side of the boat. Just as he was about to let go, the rope snapped, sending him into the water. He hit the water. Still awake he tried swimming after the cruise ship, but, of course, he couldn't swim fast enough. Unable to accept his death, Sinistro swam around for a while, his body giving into exhaustion. He woke up an unknown amount of time later on an island. Will he survive?

Barbarossa :SINISTAR
Forced to go to Africa by a friend, SINISTAR, during the trip, decided to go out in a rented out hummer alone. Driving casually, the car suddenly putted to a stop. SINISTAR thought that it was just over heated, so he waited a while outside in the shade of the car. After a few hours of fiddling with the life jacket he wore out here for some reason, he tried to start the car. Again and again. He soon realized it was hopeless. He was stuck in the desert, the sun high overhead, he had to do something to save himself.

Duke 2.0 : Ivan Aonghus
One day on his vacation to the Amazon, Ivan went fishing. He rented a canoe and all the other things needed for fishing along with some food and a lot of rope. While out, his line caught on something. He began reeling it in. Whatever it was was huge. He almost had it, when suddenly, the thing smacked the canoe. Ian, who was standing on it, was knocked off. He reached for the canoe in hopes of getting back up on it. Unfortunately, he tipped it, the other side smacking him in the head sending him into dream land. He woke up later on the riverside. The area was unfamiliar, though. He felt he had to be saved, he knew he would be saved, but first, he would have to face out the hardships of the jungle. He needed to survive.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 07:25:28 pm by Jack_Bread »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 08:46:05 pm »

Username: Sensei
Name: Sensei
Description: 5' 6", Caucasian male. Rather scant. Market audience for everything and hates everything marketed.
Abilities: Skilled in hiking, canoeing and general wilderness survival. Not very strong except for cardio and able to go bullheaded through almost anything except terrible food (meat excluded from almost ever being 'terrible'). Excellent climber. Capable demolition derby driver.

D'oh, fix'd.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:45:09 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 09:02:56 pm »

Username:
Name:
Abilities: Skilled in hiking, canoeing and general wilderness survival. Excellent climber. Capable demolition derby driver.

No name. No username. Abilities must include how strong you are and, preferably, your willpower, too.
EDIT: Above: Lawl.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:17:11 am by Jack_Bread »

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2009, 11:42:59 pm »

Username: Tehstefan
Name: Roderick
Description: Lean and lanky, Roderick's around five foot ten, with average muscle, and average everything else. Nothing stands out about him
Abilities: He has strong willpower, but can often be victim to mood swings where he feels like doing nothing. As well, is competent in the wild, though nothing crazy. As for strength, moderate, he's no weakling, but isn't super buff.
Death:(don't fill this out!)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:46:47 pm by tehstefan »
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2009, 11:45:33 pm »

Hah! I started with two hunting rifles and a machete!?
Hopefully this is a good thing, the machete is useful, especially on a island, and I guess I could use a hunting rifle for self defence, if there are any large animals on the island.
I look around for outcropping of rock, to store the extra rifle and rope, and call my base. I also check my ammunition.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:48:43 pm by woose1 »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2009, 11:54:31 pm »

Ian shall begin by searching his surroundings for supplies from the boat, and possibly even the boat itself. After a brief search, start walking upstream to look for a road or village.

Edit: Time to look over my old Man vs. Wild recordings.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2009, 04:57:48 am »

Woose1:Sinistro
Sinistro immediately began searching for a good place among rocks. He found an excellent circle of stone. It was far enough from the water to not be flooded and it is big enough for him and a few things.
He then checked his ammo. Both guns were fully loaded(2 shots each) and he had an extra box of bullets in his pocket.

Duke 2.0 : Ivan Aonghus:1
He manage to salvage a few planks of wood from the canoe with the canoe itself still being useful.
Afterward, Ian walked along the shore and quickly found a small road leading from the river to who knows where not far from where he landed.

Tehstefan : Roderick
Once on a camping trip, Roderick went hiking alone. He lost track of time and ended up hiking until dawn. He thought it was time to go back. He stopped paying attention to his path and tripped into a ditch. His head fell onto a stick, giving him a pretty deep cut on his head. He passed out. He later awoke, blood, bruised, and afraid, seeing a bear tore out his arm. He was bleeding heavily and he had forgotten where he was. He might not make it. But he must try to keep alive and sane.

Sensei : Sensei
Sensei was also with Roderick while camping. Sensei wanted fish and used his canoeing skills to his advantage. He caught several fish, putting them in his cooler. At his tenth catch, he was excited for having such a good fishing trip, so he quickly stood in his canoe and pumped both of his fists in the air. He could've gotten away with just the excited stand. His fist pump made him fall out of the canoe. He hit the water and resurfaced, grabbing his canoe. Pumped with adrenaline, he forgot how to get in a canoe without tipping it. He grabbed on and began trying to pull himself in. This made the canoe tip. He got hit in the head, leaving a small bump. He floated there, lost in thought, not realizing he was heading downstream. He snapped back into his senses when he heard water rushing. He paddled and tried to get away, but the pull was to strong. He fell into the water and fell unconscious. He awoke later with his canoe at his side on the shore. He put it back right-side up. All he saw was his cooler and the two ropes that tied it. He knew inside, he also had a can of worms and a couple of canteens. He scanned around and noticed the bloody Roderick. He and Roderick needed to try and live while rescue came for them. Sensei thought this wasn't going to end well...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: SURVIVAL - Good start for Duke and Woose! (One spot open!)
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2009, 05:22:10 am »

Haha!  Just in time for sixth.

Username: Cthulhu
Name:  Sticks McGillicutty
Description:  Tall, douchebag, adverse to the outdoors
Abilities: Very little strength, low to moderate willpower.
Death:  Does this count as filling it out?!
Shoes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SURVIVAL - Good start for Duke and Woose! (One spot open!)
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2009, 05:23:22 am »

Noesssss...
I was just about to submit....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5