Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tricky Times at Ridgemont High  (Read 738 times)

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tricky Times at Ridgemont High
« on: July 31, 2009, 02:03:50 pm »

Okay, I am trying to make something for a friend. He wants a creature who spawns creatures. What I'm thinking is a creature that drops stones that become creatures. However, I am rusty like crazy. Is this possible?
Yaha!

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tricky Times at Ridgemont High
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 02:30:28 pm »

i think you can make an itemcorpse a creature. but they will spawn as vermin that don't do anything.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

You could probably make your vermin have attacks, but I'm not sure what all a vermin is capable of.  There is a [VERMIN_BITE] token that you might be able to use.

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:54:51 pm »

Yeah, you can make it spawn a venomous spider (centipede, bat, scorpion, squirrel, midget platypus, etc.) on death, but that's about it.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

GD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 12:54:27 am »

It can spawn something like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Add [ITEMCORPSE:VERMIN:NO_SUBTYPE:BADVERM:NO_MATGLOSS]to your creature and see destuction of your fortress unless you have some heat-resistant cats. Fixed_temp and other stuff with temperature can be removed to make it not burning, but only venomous, very venomous.

blah28722

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 11:16:02 am »

It can spawn something like this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Add [ITEMCORPSE:VERMIN:NO_SUBTYPE:BADVERM:NO_MATGLOSS]to your creature and see destuction of your fortress unless you have some heat-resistant cats. Fixed_temp and other stuff with temperature can be removed to make it not burning, but only venomous, very venomous.

A few critiques on that, if I may.

The attack might be useless as I don't believe vermin can attack.

Extracts' temperatures don't work (if at all). They won't cause anyone to burst into flame from being injected. Nor does antivenom work. I'd just remove the redundant tags.

[MATERIAL:STONE:OBSIDIAN] doesn't really do anything. You can't attack vermin anyway (everything that can oneshots them).

Vermin don't need body parts.

If it's fire immune, don't give it a heat dam point.

You can't touch it due to its heat, might as well just use the extract as a venom and leave out most of the redundant tags.

Opening doors, learning, being mischievous, are all designed for full sized creatures. I don't think it'd work well for a vermin.

[NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NOSTUN][SMALL_REMAINS] because it's a vermin with no eyes. This removes constant blacking out from pain (assuming vermin can even do that). It also adds the standard vermin corpse that only rots once.

[BLOODTYPE:W] doesn't matter when vermin are oneshot every time.

[BODY:UNIVERSAL], UNIVERSAL is not an actual body part. Vermin don't need bodies anyway.

Finally, this thing is definitely not [MUNDANE].