Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stockpiles  (Read 443 times)

Zankaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stockpiles
« on: July 31, 2009, 04:44:32 am »

Have a stockpile next to my future dining hall since in my last fortress the prepared meals kept rotting in random places. Have it right next to my kitchens where they are being made, but none of my dwarves will get the meals out of the kitchen buildings and take it to the stockpile. A dwarf did go get a barrel a while ago but I checked and it is empty.

Im pretty sure my other stockpiles have prepared food turned off, so does anyone know if there is a delay on meals being taken to piles or something?

Also was wanting to know if my record keeper's progress helped prevent stockpile confusion. One example would be a dwarf taking food to a furniture stockpile.

"Hesitation leads to disaster" - Kishimoto
"Courage imperils life, fear protects it" - da'vinci
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu
"In death all things appear fair" - Homer
At one of my older forts, I had a cat with a kobold kill to it's name, I locked a kobold into a small pit and then kept tossing cats in till it died.....For Science!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 04:56:10 am »

How many dwarves do you have? If you still have your starting seven, there's probably too much hauling of other things being done. I'd remove wood hauling or other items that don't rot for the time being, or going to orders and switching off a few gathers.

As for you hauling food to the furniture stockpile, he might be hauling seeds to a bag or something like that, or food to an empty barrel that will get moved to the food stockpile in due time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zankaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stockpiles
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:53:39 am »

How many dwarves do you have? If you still have your starting seven, there's probably too much hauling of other things being done. I'd remove wood hauling or other items that don't rot for the time being, or going to orders and switching off a few gathers.

As for you hauling food to the furniture stockpile, he might be hauling seeds to a bag or something like that, or food to an empty barrel that will get moved to the food stockpile in due time.

Guess you were right, still on my original 7 and they were too busy. Fixed now, thanks.
"Hesitation leads to disaster" - Kishimoto
"Courage imperils life, fear protects it" - da'vinci
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu
"In death all things appear fair" - Homer
At one of my older forts, I had a cat with a kobold kill to it's name, I locked a kobold into a small pit and then kept tossing cats in till it died.....For Science!