Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Enough talk, get crackin'  (Read 11206 times)

Novocain

• Bay Watcher
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Re: Enough talk, get crackin'
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 04:37:51 pm »

If this ever gets off the ground, I would love to donate cycles. I'm running a dual-core Intel E8400 clocked to 3.73ghz, with a full 32-bit complement of RAM, so running one(or more!) true community forts would be kind of fun, as long as I don't have to ruin run them myself. :)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 04:50:59 pm »

For which version of DF is this?
Very last: 40d13

as for tools L.Spiro memory hacking software.

The program is progressing well. Gui salvaged from other roguelike project. Internet code  (will be salvaged)  from yet another... Now I'm a bit stuck with colors... Any one knows how its saved?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 05:05:41 pm »

as for tools L.Spiro memory hacking software.
I'll check it out when I boot into windows... looks cool, just not cross-platform ~_~
The program is progressing well. Gui salvaged from other roguelike project. Internet code  (will be salvaged)  from yet another... Now I'm a bit stuck with colors... Any one knows how its saved?
Probably indexes into color array. There's just 16 colors AFAIK. You can combine primary and secondary. I saw some description of how DF combines them with the tiles but can't remember where. Probably the 'future of the fort' thread?

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 05:29:14 pm »

Ok found teh bug!

The last byte is for foreground lightness. Now you get an identical view in client app. Going for internet!

Oh one remaining bug from Gui is scanlines but for now I have no ideas how to prevent them.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »

Oh one remaining bug from Gui is scanlines but for now I have no ideas how to prevent them.
Act as a debugger, add a break point to DF main loop, read the screen buffer on break, continue. That should do it.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 08:51:24 pm »

Rejoice my fellow DF'ers, doom and despair has come to your world:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1315

Finally a "working" version is finished. Don't forget to open ports if you will try to use it in the internet.

Arkose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:26 pm »

Probably indexes into color array. There's just 16 colors AFAIK.

While most of the game uses the standard 16 colors used in terminals (white, black, and light and dark red, yellow, blue, green, magenta, cyan and grey), some items use special colors (defined in descriptor_color_standard.txt) which SEEM to be defined in terms of one byte each for red, green and blue. Chances are pretty good that somewhere along the pipeline this is converted into a closest-approximation one-or-two byte representation (maybe the "foreground lightness" byte is used to scale a one-byte value? Hard to say.)

*Seeing the previous post by darius*

Well it looks like you might have worked it out in any case; downloading now!

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2009, 09:31:17 pm »

Holy Shit. I did not expect anything this quickly.

Novocain

• Bay Watcher
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2009, 10:47:06 pm »

Any instructions? I'll fumble around it for a bit until I find a way to work it, but I must admit I'm stuck.

Edit: Seems to have failed on my Windows XP Home 32-bit, I can give more information as neccesary but the following occurs:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 10:59:31 pm by Novocain »

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 01:11:17 am »

WTF.

I MUST TRY THIS.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 01:39:10 am »

Any instructions? I'll fumble around it for a bit until I find a way to work it, but I must admit I'm stuck.
sorry about that. Kind of crashed than then finished  ::) . Although tried to make it as self-explanatory as possible but will try to write something up.
Edit: Seems to have failed on my Windows XP Home 32-bit, I can give more information as neccesary but the following occurs:
very interesting... Does it happen to anyone else? Is your version of DF 40d13?

P.S. tried writing some sort of program page: http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/User:Warmist
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 02:02:18 am by darius »

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 01:57:35 am »

Windows 7 here, I too am getting Urist's technicolor vomit.
The symbols seem to be consistent between the server and the client, but the background and foreground colors are different. Also, the vomit doesn't seem to respond to moving the camera, it seems completely static.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 02:06:14 am »

Can you try running server with administrator rights? It could be that Windows 7 doesn't allow memory hacking for plain users.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 02:10:31 am »

Same.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: XP proffessional, DF 40d13, default options. Adventure mode.

AlienChickenPie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2009, 02:14:01 am »

Can you try running server with administrator rights? It could be that Windows 7 doesn't allow memory hacking for plain users.
Running as administrator doesn't fix it, and neither does windows XP compatibility mode.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7