Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40d]Instant explosion followed by fire?  (Read 2828 times)

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
[40d]Instant explosion followed by fire?
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:42:39 pm »

Recently one of my forts got its 3 round of elf trade when suddenly BOOM!!! a mule? started burning when it just entered my map.So I figured that it was nothing and continued playing.Untill next year when BOOM!!! another mule :-\ exploded.This has been going on for ages Every trader I get does this.So.. i'm guessing because I Gen'd a worlde were almost every title has a magma flow to it along with an river does that mean every trader just so happens to pass one of these on their way to my site?

Untelligent

• Bay Watcher
  • I eat flesh!
    • View Profile
Re: [40d]Instant explosion followed by fire?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 08:36:29 pm »

Convection doesn't convect very well in DF, so magma shouldn't affect anything not swimming in it.

This just happens to mules? Copy/paste the mule entry in /raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt here.
The World Without Knifebear — A much safer world indeed.
regardless, the slime shooter will be completed, come hell or high water, which are both entirely plausible setbacks at this point.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 08:43:47 pm »

Convection doesn't convect very well in DF, so magma shouldn't affect anything not swimming in it.

This just happens to mules? Copy/paste the mule entry in /raw/objects/creature_domestic.txt here.

It might not be the mules themselves -- it could be something they're carrying, which means it could be almost anything with a screwed up boiling point.

What mods are being used?  In particular, if you've added any custom creatures or plants, post their raws.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:08 am »

It isn't just mules anymore I noticed a merchant and a Hammerdwarf go out the same way,however it  seems to happen to animals.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:38:13 am »

What mods are being used?  In particular, if you've added any custom creatures or plants, post their raws.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 11:43:00 am by Footkerchief »

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 04:10:19 am »

If it's screwed up boiling points wouldn't copy/pasting an older version over yours work? If there's any bugs, they'll just be replaced with the old stuff.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 04:45:27 am »

If it's screwed up boiling points wouldn't copy/pasting an older version over yours work? If there's any bugs, they'll just be replaced with the old stuff.

It's probably boiling points for custom content, so no, copying over vanilla raws would make the game upset.  I'm assuming the OP is using custom content because that's the most common source for this kind of thing.  Of course, it would be nice if he just told me what mods he had.

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 01:06:58 pm »

Im using a graphical titleset mayday's to be eaxct

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2009, 01:28:51 pm »

Nothing else?  You didn't mod any individual plants or creatures either, or delete raw entries?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 07:36:35 pm »

Nothing else?  You didn't mod any individual plants or creatures either, or delete raw entries?
Mayday's pack includes mods.

One of the many reasons I despise it.  (So hard to get people who only play Mayday to understand that carp aren't vermin!  Argh!)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:57:37 pm »

... Carp are vermin in Mayday's mod? Are you serious?

But yeah, also make sure that fire imps aren't just blowing the guys up.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 12:55:06 am »

Maybe your fort is so awesome that some creatures just explode when they see it.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

torne

• Bay Watcher
  • arf arf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 05:11:49 am »

No, but they have their tile changed. Mayday's version changes the tile for loads of entity raws (and adds all stones as economic).

Rvlion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 10:10:35 pm »

Last I played with Mayday graphic pack I never had sudden explosions from caravans that entered my map.
And Carp were and are definitly not vermin. (vermin) fish come and go, appear and disappear. Carp and other killer fish almost look like Predator from the movie... Half invisible against the blue'ish background, but always visable if you know what to look for.

So unless you have a newer version that I have never used, or something might be wrong with the generated world. Have you tried generating a different world or embarking to a different location on the same world?

No, but they have their tile changed. Mayday's version changes the tile for loads of entity raws (and adds all stones as economic).
The economic stone change is only the addition of 1 reaction.txt file. I actually use it permanently on my vanilla or other modded maps.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 10:14:31 pm by Rvlion »