Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help with something...  (Read 2789 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Help with something...
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:07:41 pm »

My dog has an ear infection and my family couldn't afford a vet, what about you guys? The dog is getting pretty annoying now and he keeps shaking his head.

Unrelated: There was something in the tree in my backyard and keeps eating the lemons peels, what the hell is it? I even found shit that isn't my dogs shit

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help with something...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:33 pm »

Well, the infection could clear up on its own... I'm not sure what is used to treat them besides antibiotics and I think its illegal to treat a dog without being a vet, so I guess there isn't anything you can do about it.

As for the lemo peel issue, I would guess Squirrels or an Opossum or Chupacabra.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:59 pm »

Well its probably an opposum, but chupacabra? The mythical creature that sucks blood from animals?

HAMMERMILL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:24:09 pm »

Well its probably an opposum, but chupacabra? The mythical creature that sucks blood from animals?

I'm not crazy, but I saw an animal once that I could only describe as a Chupacabra. It was either some mutant feral housecat or the legendary Chupacabra.

I'd guess its an oppossum in your cause. I don't think El Chupacabra would go after lemon peels when it usually feasts on the blood of the innocent.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:27:22 pm »

Well I do live by a canyon, and a coyote was walking around my cul de sac, I live in southern california, so I have no bloody Idea what it is.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 01:31:10 am »

Find either a) more money, b) cheaper vet, or c) new dog.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:34:15 am »

I think the Humane Society I volunteer for when I'm at college would offer really cheap animal care for those that couldn't afford vet work. You might want to try asking local animal shelters if they offer stuff like that.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:43:40 pm »

I've heard of people using homemade remedies to clear up ear infections in dogs. Do a google search and you will find lots of information about it.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 08:01:54 pm »

Well I do live by a canyon, and a coyote was walking around my cul de sac, I live in southern california, so I have no bloody Idea what it is.

I've got cats, and they eat anything. Maybe it's a feral.

Or the coyote, which would make sense.
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 08:51:25 pm »

I do not recall cats eating lemon peels, nether coyotes

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 12:10:24 am »

I do not recall cats eating lemon peels, nether coyotes

My cats eat vegetables and suman (which is a rice cake).

Also coyotes scavenge, don't they? It stands to reason that they'd eat anything at all if they couldn't find meat.  ;D
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 12:15:27 am »

How does a coyote get through a wood fence? And my dog is out there all the time except midnight to 8:00 am

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 12:39:29 am »

Then it is la Chupacabra.

Honestly though you should check the fence itself. A cat can slip through most fences or jump over them. A coyote could do the same if there was something it could jump on to get up. Check if there are garbage cans on either side of the fence that would allow an animal to get over it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 06:49:03 pm »

It's a raccoon, I would be willing to bet.

I'm having a similar problem with something infiltrating my yard and performing shenanigans.  I don't have a desk for my computer, so I sit in the corner in one of those chairs that's just a curved strip.  Super-comfy.  Anyway, there's a window right next to me.  Someone or something keeps coming up to that window and tapping on it.  It happens every day, and has been going on for a week, maybe two.  Yesterday, however, it was storming really badly, and there was no tapping(But correlation doesn't imply causation).  Whatever's doing it is tapping on the top pane, which is about five feet off the ground, so it's gotta be a bird or something tall.  Whenever I look out, there's nothing there.  Today I went out to look around right after a tap, and (Da-da-dummmm) there was a human shoeprint in the grass!  Whatever, I'm thinking I'm gonna go wire mesh+car battery on whoever this is.  Teach them to tap my window.

But yeah, I'd be willing to bet your problem is a raccoon, or kobolds.
Shoes...

Luckk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »

Today I went out to look around right after a tap, and (Da-da-dummmm) there was a human shoeprint in the grass!  Whatever, I'm thinking I'm gonna go wire mesh+car battery on whoever this is.  Teach them to tap my window.

That will teach those damn kids to stay off your lawn!

Was this occurring during the night when the lemon peels are eaten?  I don't think coyotes like going out and being around humans during the day, so they usually move about at night.  Could also be mice or something rodent like.
Pages: [1] 2