Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Strange Mood: unable to find components?  (Read 523 times)

riffraffselbow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Strange Mood: unable to find components?
« on: July 30, 2009, 05:11:20 am »

It seems my metalworker is unable to find the 200 metal bars I have. I have every ingredient he's asked for. Could there possibly be something I'm missing? They're not forbidden, they're not behind locked doors, there isn't "one" that's preventing him from seeing the others, it all seems fine; Any guess as to why he's just sitting there in the forge?

EDIT: Never mind, forgot to enable "Dwarves may go outdoors" again after an ambush X.X
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:22:06 am by riffraffselbow »
"And God saw that the world was too moist, and that none of the Scorpion race could be placed upon it; and so he started over."

Foxbyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Mood: unable to find components?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 09:49:08 am »

Never mind, forgot to enable "Dwarves may go outdoors" again after an ambush X.X

You would not believe how many times I do this. Seriously. Though, the funner thing to do is to accidentally set Dwarves to Ignore Food when you were trying to just get the Farmers to be the only Harvesters, then go do some mining and expansion elsewhere.

On a related note [Hence the reply actually], you know that after your moody dwarf drags the metal to the forge, you can Forbid it there and he'll go grab another bar? I use this to make sure moody dwarves don't use metals I don't want them to!

Unless they want a specific kind of metal. Dwarf, I hate that.
There is an engraving of three dwarves in a dining room. The third dwarf is a soaper.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:21:57 am »

Unless they want a specific kind of metal. Dwarf, I hate that.

I thought this was always the case with strange moods?  ???

KG

XSI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 11:33:21 am »

Most times they will pick any material, but if they have a preference for something then it's never really sure which they take.

When you have 3 different kinds of metal bars in a bin,and the dwarf has no preference, which one does he take? It's at the same distance from his workshop, so it's nothing to do with distance.
What kind of statues are your masons making, that you think they have "maximum exposure"?
(Full frontal ones, apparently.  With very short beards.)