Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Myst Movie  (Read 1000 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Myst Movie
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:20:39 am »

Yes, I shit you not. For better or worse, they're making one.

It's based on the Book of Ti'ana, which is a novel explaining/expanding some of the questions that were never quite answered in the games. People say its good. As much as I consider myself a nerd, i can't bring myself to read it.

They have a semi-trailer thing to download too, it's in FMV format. That's annoying, but this can play it for you (and let you play the music in Myst V and Uru: ABM whenever you want, incidentally).

Here's hoping it's better than the acting in the games.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Myst Movie
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 01:19:38 pm »

I hated that game when I was playing on a windows 98 computer!

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:56:18 pm »

I can't see a movie in which a guy wanders around fiddling with buttons and switches as terribly exciting.
!!&!!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure the movie is about the lore, not the gameplay. ;)
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 02:14:18 pm »

I can't imagine a movie where seemingly random events lead to seemingly random result- Oh wait, we already make the Myst gameplay joke.

Huh, should be interesting. As long as they don't carry the same standard of game movies as others, it should be decent.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 02:11:15 am »

I hated that game when I was playing on a windows 98 computer!

Well duh, it was outdated by then.  Windows 98?  It was out for Windows 3.1, and it was a MAJOR revolution, not to mention honestly one of the better first-person puzzle/adventure games of the years around it (Return to Zork?  Good, but confusing and more arbitrary.  Shivers?  Worse graphics, bad story...  Etc.)
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 02:56:58 am »

I can't see a movie in which a guy wanders around fiddling with buttons and switches as terribly exciting.

Please since when has Hollywood EVER been limited by things such as the feel of the original or even the content?

I mean the Patriot was practically all fiction and In Persuit of Happyness is the Sugar Plum Fairy version of the book that actually happened.

Though if you want a Videogame Movie example then just pick out any Uwe Bol (or however you spell it) movie. He pretty much ignores the source material and proper dirrecting.

Lets just face it. A Hollywood movie seriously interested in presenting something the way it happened is an exception rather then the rule.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 03:01:06 am by Neonivek »