Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3499 3500 [3501] 3502 3503 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140885 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52500 on: April 14, 2016, 10:53:39 am »

You know, there's a huge chunk of the main setting (The Game) that is completely unfathomable because we have never seen it done right. There's hints of how it's "supposed" to be, but all those come from failures. Even the victory that creates universe C was a giant orchestrated clusterfuck engineered more or less just to allow LE to exist.

For that matter, there can't be a satisfactory ending to LE's threat. He can travel non-linearly through time. So we only get glimpses of what he's done at different points on his personal timeline. Anywhere, at any time, could be threatened by him in perpetuity. Even better by the fact that the last scene of the entire comic is a visual callback to a previous villain ruining the characters' victory.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52501 on: April 14, 2016, 03:42:31 pm »

A2 was the game done right.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52502 on: April 14, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »

Is that the dancestor one? Theres so many modifiers I forget what is what.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52503 on: April 14, 2016, 03:51:30 pm »

They got the bad ending because they didn't find the last frog, gave the next universe a terminal cancer, and failed before they could enter their universe (granted, it was all rigged but that's what I was talking about). At least one of them (Eridan, if memory serves. Likely all the rest except possibly Kanaya, we never find out what she was asked to do) never did their character quest. Someone even says it's likely they were denied victory because they approached the game the wrong way, though that was a long time ago.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52504 on: April 14, 2016, 03:52:53 pm »

A1: Dancestors

A2: Trolls we give a shit about

B1: John Rose Dave Jade

B2: Jane Jake Dirk Roxy

C: Caliborn

They got the bad ending because they didn't find the last frog, gave the next universe a terminal cancer, and failed before they could enter their universe (granted, it was all rigged but that's what I was talking about). At least one of them (Eridan, if memory serves. Likely all the rest except possibly Kanaya, we never find out what she was asked to do) never did their character quest. Someone even says it's likely they were denied victory because they approached the game the wrong way, though that was a long time ago.

They did find the last frog. They just rushed the hell out of it.

Karkat blames himself, but it was basically Caliborn's fault. Doc Scratch, in particular.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52505 on: April 14, 2016, 04:05:47 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52506 on: April 14, 2016, 04:07:31 pm »

They did find the last frog. They just rushed the hell out of it.

Karkat blames himself, but it was basically Caliborn's fault. Doc Scratch, in particular.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005904 and the following panels.

Bec Noir killed one frog. They were short the DNA sequence from the last one, and it sounds like Karkat said "close enough, let's go fight" so they didn't look for... the frog corpse, I guess. The missing sequence from one frog caused their BSlick to get cancer, then Bec Noir, who went back and kept the trolls from claiming their victory. It was engineered in advance, but they failed.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52507 on: April 14, 2016, 04:10:14 pm »

He said explicitly in that conversation that all the hasty frog stuff he did was fixed by future Aradiabots.

Bec Noir killed the one frog in A2, yeah, but that was the actual genesis frog containing B. He didn't even show up until after they had already made the frog.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:13:38 pm by Putnam »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52508 on: April 14, 2016, 04:13:00 pm »

Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52509 on: April 14, 2016, 04:28:43 pm »

He said explicitly in that conversation that all the hasty frog stuff he did was fixed by future Aradiabots.

Bec Noir killed the one frog in A2, yeah, but that was the actual genesis frog containing B. He didn't even show up until after they had already made the frog.
Besides, weren't they using the seeing-through-time copy machine for frog stuff? I don't think something as trivial as causal and time-linear murder could stop someone from copying frog's DNA with that sort of gear.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52510 on: April 14, 2016, 04:38:17 pm »

No, he said the doomed Aradias told him about stuff that made it impossible to win (presumably he rushed through frog breeding even worse in doomed timelines that just made the breeding fail altogether). He then goes on to talk about missing a frog and the whole giving a universe cancer thing... which wouldn't have existed if Aradias fixed it. They kinda "won" in that they made a universe, but didn't get their endgame because he missed a frog... explicitly stated as happening before Bec Noir showed up. So you're right about that, I'm not sure what the dead frog in Noir's hand is.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52511 on: April 14, 2016, 04:41:14 pm »

Those were doomed aradiabots from timelines where Karkat made it impossible to win. It's even mentioned that they're doomed aradias on that page. Note the emphasis here:

PCG: SHE WAS CONSTANTLY FIXING MY FUCKUPS.
PCG: ROBOTS FROM THE FUTURE ALWAYS COMING BACK TO TELL ME HOW SOME HASTY SHIT I DID WITH FROG BREEDING OR WHATEVER WOULD MAKE IT BE IMPOSSIBLE TO WIN.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52512 on: April 14, 2016, 04:53:38 pm »

I'm not sure you're even reading what I'm saying, because we're referencing the exact same line and I'm going forward in the exact same conversation. I've explained what I'm trying to say as plainly as I can, and from what I can tell your argument is a violation of logic and events on the page.

But I'm tired of spamming the thread, so fuck it, I guess.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52513 on: April 14, 2016, 04:56:40 pm »

The dead frog in Jack's hand is a random-ass frog from B1. You can see the scratch overhead.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:59:35 pm by Putnam »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52514 on: April 14, 2016, 07:45:17 pm »

I think he means the part where Karkat explicitly stated that he missed a frog, the lack of which's genes gave BS 'cancer' in the form of hyper aggressive Noir (whether he was right about that causing Jack or just beating himself up for things that weren't his fault as normal is another matter.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 3499 3500 [3501] 3502 3503 ... 3524