Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3496 3497 [3498] 3499 3500 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140705 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52455 on: April 13, 2016, 08:40:04 am »

Of all the ways Hussie would dispatch LE, I didn't really expect it would be by not dispatching him. Which actually in hindsight is a very Hussie way of dealing with things.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52456 on: April 13, 2016, 08:45:38 am »

Am I the only one worried about how humanity's likely to go extinct in the long run? I mean, god-tier immortality may not be a thing in the new 'verse, and, well, there's like nine(?) human beings left with basically zero genetic diversity. Unless the ectobiology lab made it to the new 'verse, they're kinda... well, doomed.
Why would there be any skyscrapers on the planet with nine people to live in them?
Black lives matter.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52457 on: April 13, 2016, 08:48:00 am »

I think you guys forgot that Roxy can probably conjure up new humans. That's probably what will happen in the epilogue.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52458 on: April 13, 2016, 09:01:07 am »

My point being there isn't just the kids, the trolls, and Jane's dad on the planet. :P
Black lives matter.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52459 on: April 13, 2016, 09:14:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52460 on: April 13, 2016, 09:26:14 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I guess he wasn't lying about having storyboarded it years ago.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52461 on: April 13, 2016, 09:33:42 am »

Am I the only one worried about how humanity's likely to go extinct in the long run? I mean, god-tier immortality may not be a thing in the new 'verse, and, well, there's like nine(?) human beings left with basically zero genetic diversity. Unless the ectobiology lab made it to the new 'verse, they're kinda... well, doomed.
Why would there be any skyscrapers on the planet with nine people to live in them?

I was assuming carpacians, given the sheer number of 'em in the post-victory scenes.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52462 on: April 13, 2016, 10:13:47 am »

After having some time to sleep on it...

1) I'm not as furious as the official fandom is, but the sheer amount of unaddressed character plots and ... frankly direct implications that a lot of the main cast just died in the ending are pretty terrible. It's probably not what Hussie intended but it really sticks out, what with how well everything else was put together, that the ending just kinda jumped ship there.

2) "I'll make an epilogue somehow at some point in the future." Gee, thanks? If there was enough actual ending to make an epilogue, why wasn't it in the ending?

3) Something drastic happened to make Caliborn completely uninteresting after his LE transform. The climax doesn't even bother sticking around to see LE's defeat, so even the story CBA to care about the main villain. For that matter, LE and Bec Noir are pretty much the exact same plot: Evil guy with power cosmic is bored and killing everything. Nothing can touch them in a fight, so there's years of dicking around until their distaff counterpart shows up to cut off the source of their power and win the fight (except Bec Noir actually tangles with the main characters more than once and actually creates interesting drama). I liked the Condesce as a villain so much more.

I've seen worse endings, but this one makes me think something happened to it mid-production that disrupted a lot of stuff. Shame, because the animation was really well done for the frog breeding and what should have been the climax.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52463 on: April 13, 2016, 10:36:16 am »

I've seen worse endings, but this one makes me think something happened to it mid-production that disrupted a lot of stuff.

You mean like suddenly having to make an entire company to create a game you got 2 million for on kickstarter after losing a lot of it to the company you tried outsourcing it to when they embezzled it to make Kings Quest?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52464 on: April 13, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

I was initially confused but after reading the explanations of the 8-ball eyes I'm comfortable with the ending. The only gap I had was how they actually killed him. There's still a bit of unaddressed "What happened to X anyways" but there's so many retarded abortive plot threads scattered around homestuck that that's unavoidable.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52465 on: April 13, 2016, 01:11:00 pm »

I'll probably make a goodbye post to the homestuck thread when I blitz thru the rest of the archive tomorrow

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52466 on: April 13, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

I've seen worse endings, but this one makes me think something happened to it mid-production that disrupted a lot of stuff.

You mean like suddenly having to make an entire company to create a game you got 2 million for on kickstarter after losing a lot of it to the company you tried outsourcing it to when they embezzled it to make Kings Quest?

Yeah, that's definitely part of it. I would like to think, though, that there was a bit more character tie-ups in the works that got pushed back into epilogue for the sake of a release date, as opposed to lots of development just getting chucked entirely.

I had completely missed the implication that the shattered ring around the green sun was a border for the area that would get sucked into the black hole. That puts the living trolls and ghost army on the safe side, so I'm cool with that much. Until proven otherwise, I'm assuming the Weapon was a portal and allowed those who wished an escape to universe C.

I was initially confused but after reading the explanations of the 8-ball eyes I'm comfortable with the ending. The only gap I had was how they actually killed him.

Presumably knocked into the black hole with Caledfwlch, because it was made from a cue ball. Could have been more explicit, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52467 on: April 13, 2016, 01:40:36 pm »

This is the best interpretation I've seen yet.

tl;dr Sburb traps people into roles whose "realization" requires the acceptance of predestination and alternate timeline bull. Caliborn embraced it and exploited it for all it's worth, using the game as an alternative for actually growing as a goddamn person, creating Lord English. The kids, meanwhile, escape from all of it by going through the house juju at the end, escaping from the narrative that Caliborn holds hostage due to his exploitation of a broken game.

I'm not sure why people are mad about things being left up to interpretation. All the great stories that are talked about for a long time have that. Undertale's still kicking 6 months later partially because of how much is left up to interpretation.

Anyway, I think what happened with the weapon is: Lord English is sucked into it. This puts him into Lil' Cal. The Masterpiece is retconned away--Caliborn only believes that all that's what happened, and it can be said to be the origin of much of LE's power, but LE's origin is now LE--and Lord English becomes a closed loop. Meanwhile, its activation replaces the Sburb door in the session with itself, sending the kids out of the narrative, away from Caliborn's bullshit.

From page 6/007927, [A6I5] ==>

ARADIA: in the end all loops must be tidied up
ARADIA: even his
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 01:50:27 pm by Putnam »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52468 on: April 13, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »

So what he's saying is

DAVE: rose we dont have fuckin "arcs" we are just human beings
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52469 on: April 13, 2016, 04:11:09 pm »

Anyway, I think what happened with the weapon is: Lord English is sucked into it. T
Wait, so you're saying that Lord English (in black eights mode)... was pooled by the while cueball-containing object and this resulted in it "resetting" the "table", figuratively speaking?

I guess he couldn't spin sideways (haha get it, because English) from narrative subcontext of that magnitude.

So what he's saying is

DAVE: rose we dont have fuckin "arcs" we are just human beings
oh yeah

you know what i've just realized this does?

it fucks over eyewearbladekind (or idk how his his name is spelled) and his "dualist" "inversion" "classes and roles matter before the actual personalities" theories right over

I've Been Waiting For This Moment So Long

It Is Beautiful
._.
Pages: 1 ... 3496 3497 [3498] 3499 3500 ... 3524