Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3486 3487 [3488] 3489 3490 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140951 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52305 on: April 07, 2016, 03:57:40 pm »

I don't quite understand how does Terezi/Dave "go back in time and do over" fraymotif works. It looks like it contradicts literally everything that was said before, on time travel not being able to actually change things and being just another part of the "self-fulfilling clusterfuck".

I thought that only John was able to actually change things, with his retcon power? Or did we, at some point, enter the Twilight Zone of not-actually-canon-ness (Which would actually explain why Cans power has randomly changed from "punching people in time" to "punching people in space")?
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52306 on: April 07, 2016, 04:12:43 pm »

Could be that it's still timeline-changing clusterfuckery like always, with Dirk-got-shot being a doomed one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52307 on: April 07, 2016, 04:31:37 pm »

I don't quite understand how does Terezi/Dave "go back in time and do over" fraymotif works. It looks like it contradicts literally everything that was said before, on time travel not being able to actually change things and being just another part of the "self-fulfilling clusterfuck".

I thought that only John was able to actually change things, with his retcon power? Or did we, at some point, enter the Twilight Zone of not-actually-canon-ness (Which would actually explain why Cans power has randomly changed from "punching people in time" to "punching people in space")?
Terezi can see the various timelines with her mind powers. Dave is the Knight of Time. What appears to be happening with the first Fraymotif that they do together, is that Terezi is surveying optimal timelines, keeping them in her mind,and Dave is collapsing them together; which brings 3 Dirks together to form one, and a Spades Slick with two versions of his Gun/Scepter in two hands.
While the second Fraymotif seems to be Terezi surveying the timelines once more, Dave sending them back to the point where Jack was about to hit Slick, and Terezi and Dave using a combination of their powers to make them assume the minds of their past selves, with the knowledge of what's about to happen; giving them a surprise attack on BOTH Slick and Jack.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52308 on: April 07, 2016, 04:50:54 pm »

Update.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52309 on: April 07, 2016, 05:00:50 pm »

I did not expect that.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 05:04:14 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52311 on: April 07, 2016, 07:15:28 pm »

The style is because guest artists. The catch-up on the Vriska timeline we're in was also the same because the same person/people contributed to it.

I'm cautiously optimistic that this is an actual victory for now. We're really close to the end and I don't think all this would lead to the characters actually losing everything. Plus there's the soultrap still to come into play somehow.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52312 on: April 07, 2016, 07:29:45 pm »

Eyup. That's why no one can die right now... for now.

If anyone's going to pull a sacrificial stunt (that sticks) though, I expect it to be Dirk. Kind of a bummer though how el beheado was just resurrected by plopping both parts of his body together.

Though really, I've been thinking that the Maid of Life class is quite goddamned OP. Seeing that Dirk could have died a heroic death over there (though the idea is glossed over due to people guessing it wouldn't stick), and seemingly nonchalantly being resurrected by someone else in healthy condition, if the Maid stays alive, then nobody dies, ever.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52313 on: April 07, 2016, 07:30:19 pm »

Eyup. That's why no one can die right now... for now.

If anyone's going to pull a sacrificial stunt (that sticks) though, I expect it to be Dirk. Kind of a bummer though how el beheado was just resurrected by plopping both parts of his body together.

Though really, I've been thinking that the Maid of Life class is quite goddamned OP. Seeing that Dirk could have died a heroic death over there (though the idea is glossed over due to people guessing it wouldn't stick), and seemingly nonchalantly being resurrected by someone else in healthy condition, if the Maid stays alive, then nobody dies, ever.
I think everyone only gets one Maid of Life revive.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52314 on: April 07, 2016, 07:52:20 pm »

Yeah, it's 1 per customer. Don't remember when that was established, probably prior to Game Over.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52315 on: April 07, 2016, 08:46:43 pm »

Jane's revival abilities (and the 1-use limit) were established here.
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52316 on: April 07, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »

The firefly was explicitly Calliope's mouthpiece during Roxy's dream where she ended up in Mom's clothes and met Calliope and Rose came too later. I forgot when that was, probably A6A5 or A6I5.

EDIT: got a quick leitmotifs video up for collide
This whole time I though Heir Conditioning was based on Pollyanna (I Believe in You), or some other Earthbound song.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52317 on: April 08, 2016, 12:08:14 am »

I have the incredible1 ability to not hear songs where they aren't, so the thought never occurred to me.

1this would've been sarcastic 8 months ago...

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52318 on: April 08, 2016, 01:31:40 am »

I'm pretty sure that's still sarcastic.

Back on topic: I wish we had a dialogue-log on that last new page. (9994)
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52319 on: April 08, 2016, 01:59:12 am »

I'm not usually one for feels, but let's talk about Dad Crocker for a minute.

Guy's been in prison for months (not being tortured, but still), knowing full well he could easily escape, but that HIC would kill him if he tried. He's watched while his daughter was duped into basically a drug bender. This version also watched his daughter get brainwashed by his jailer, and kill her best friend (this Jane killed the native Roxy), while he was still helpless.

Finally he sees Jane show up with her friends, ready to take on HIC, who is partially empowered by a living god. During the fight, Cans interrupts and threatens the kids' safety, including Jane's. So Dad punches through a brick wall with his bare hands to watch their backs. (Bonus moment of awesome, Dad is so strong that when Cans punches him... nothing happens.) While he's busy, Jane gets badly wounded but he can't interfere.

When the fight's over, he sees the kids flying off together, with his daughter. He doesn't interrupt their victory to say goodbye, just stands aside because the little girl he raised doesn't need him anymore. He's so Dadly, by the way, that he accepts being stranded on Derse to let Jane celebrate.

And then he turns around to see "Jane" offering him her hand. One version of her never forgot him.

Bonus: For Nana, this is the first time she's seen her "son" in three years or longer, since Dad Egbert was brutally murdered by Bec Noir.
Pages: 1 ... 3486 3487 [3488] 3489 3490 ... 3524