Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3469 3470 [3471] 3472 3473 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141654 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52050 on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:01 pm »

do you want me to rant about homestuck not being nearly as confusing as people think it is again

because i am so willing to do that
I didn't say confusing. Something can be internally coherent but still be horseshit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52051 on: July 27, 2015, 06:45:47 pm »

You know, the more and more time passes, the more it seems that the so-called "retcon" powers did not actually "retcon" anything that wasn't explicitly retconned in the comic itself. I have no other way to explain this bullshit.
As with most things Homestuck, I believe that retcon powers can be categorised under "complete fucking horseshit".

With [relatively, at least]new information about the superweaponhousearrowthingy, allow me to attempt to categorise the retcon powers:

The superweaponhousearrowthingy was glowing because it contained Rose's, John's, Dave's and Jade's souls. John absorbed those souls, gaining the retcon power. I therefore theorize that the retcon power is in fact a synthesis of the Beta kids' aspects:

Time: The retcon power allows John to travel through time. Simple enough.
Space: The retcon power allows John to travel through space. Self explanatory.
Breath: The retcon power [A least partially]frees John from adherence to the traditional rules governing the use of time travel. Breath is associated with freedom and inspiration.
Light: This one I'm less sure about. Maybe having him appear and disappear at fortuitous times and places in order to further the alpha timeline? If John hadn't "randomly" disappeared mid-beatdown with Caliborn, he might very well have killed him, breaking his unconditional immortality, which is what defines the alpha timeline. That's sort of within Light's portfolio, isn't it?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52052 on: July 27, 2015, 06:49:34 pm »

Also one thing I noticed is that it appears that God-tiering from death-on-sacrificial-slabs doesn't actually leave you (the one who dies) alive.

This has some pretty interesting consequences.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52053 on: July 27, 2015, 06:50:25 pm »

Also one thing I noticed is that it appears that God-tiering from death-on-sacrificial-slabs doesn't actually leave you (the one who dies) alive.

This has some pretty interesting consequences.
What do you mean it doesn't? You get tiger, that's probably more alive than you were before.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52054 on: July 27, 2015, 07:14:57 pm »

No, in the flash the grimdark!rose that died trying to avenge John and the John that died in his sleep on his quest bed wake up in dream bubbles as ghosts.

The legendary nap shunts the original person into the afterlife and only the dreamself ascends.

Which is pretty fucking horrible if you think about it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52055 on: July 27, 2015, 07:16:44 pm »

No, in the flash the grimdark!rose that died trying to avenge John and the John that died in his sleep on his quest bed wake up in dream bubbles as ghosts.

The legendary nap shunts the original person into the afterlife and only the dreamself ascends.

But the dreamself and the.. other self are the same person from what we've seen otherwise. They share memories and personalities and so on, at the very least.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #52056 on: July 27, 2015, 07:19:26 pm »

But the dreamself and the.. other self are the same person from what we've seen otherwise. They share memories and personalities and so on, at the very least.

Until death.  Remember Jadesprite?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52057 on: July 27, 2015, 07:26:22 pm »

I always assumed that Jadesprite was different because the connection was severed, so to speak, when dreamJade died. And then when she was made into a sprite again it counted as a whole other person. But now that you bring it up she did mention dream bubble adventures so I guess that the Horrorterrors take a copy of anyone when one of their selves dies? Bit weird that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52058 on: July 27, 2015, 08:08:15 pm »

There's some more evidence of horseshittery. Sacrifice slabs are mechanically different than quest beds, because those seemed to work on dreamselves and whatever Aradiasprite was made from; we never see an inducted mortal player die on one to find out what happens then (supposedly it's impossible, but see below). At this point I think the P-space metaphysics are either going to be revealed later or just irrelevant.

Also, god-tiers dream in the Furthest Ring. It *could* just switch the player and their dreamself.

There's another theory cropping up elsewhere that god-tier ascension is possible through a nonviolent path. The evidence is dubious at best, but all players are strongly encouraged to complete their planet's quest, and we haven't seen a non-god-tier player successfully complete the bargain with their denizen. It's extremely far-fetched but the comic has JUST demonstrably lied about god-tier mechanics (merging dreamselves for dying on a quest bed), and I'm rooting for it because I want to see all the trolls god-tier anyway.

Yeah, it'll never happen. Sue me.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52059 on: July 27, 2015, 08:10:27 pm »

Jake's realself died on the sacrificial slab and went god-tier while his dreamself was dead just like Rose/Dave's dreamselves did while their realselves were dead.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52060 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:10 pm »

Sorry, I wasn't clear when I pre-post edited that. I meant we haven't seen a realself character with intact dreamself die on a slab. Supposedly it's impossible to ascend that way, but supposedly dreamselves merged with realselves, which was just shown to be false. It was idle curiosity for a useless non-plot-point on my part.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52061 on: July 27, 2015, 09:05:59 pm »

Updoot: Remember

Also, Ωpause

« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:09:16 pm by New Guy »
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #52062 on: July 27, 2015, 09:09:23 pm »

I'm so confused. So the Game Over timeline was just a regular old doomed timeline after all?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52063 on: July 27, 2015, 09:12:05 pm »

same

Maybe it turned into a doomed timeline because of John's shenanigans and immunity to fate. Iunno.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52064 on: July 27, 2015, 09:21:16 pm »

I'm so confused. So the Game Over timeline was just a regular old doomed timeline after all?

Yep. When Aranea stole the Ring of Life, she doomed the timeline. She knew that and Meenah knew that. Its explicitly mentioned. Aranea thought she could heal it with her Sylph of Light powers and turn it into the new alpha. She was wrong, she died in GAME OVER and John retconned a bunch of stuff. Essentially, it worked like this:

Alpha>Aranea takes ring>Doomed>GAMEOVER>John goes back in time↓
↓John does scarf things<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Still Alpha, but now with more Vriska and Davekat>>Where we are now
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 3469 3470 [3471] 3472 3473 ... 3524