Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3462 3463 [3464] 3465 3466 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141475 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51945 on: July 20, 2015, 10:29:45 am »

Psychic double reacharound x3?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51946 on: July 20, 2015, 10:51:42 am »

I'm a little scared now of what these characters are going to do in the upcoming fight. We know the condesce can control animal people, and there has been like a furry explosion lately. They're also all pretty powerful.
Tavros can also control animals. I wonder how that will go.

Tavros is also a complete non-character in that he sucks SO BAD at ALL THE THINGS.

The best version of him so far is currently a footstool, remember.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51947 on: July 20, 2015, 11:11:30 am »

And Tavros is also a catperson, thus vulnerable to the Condesce.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51948 on: July 20, 2015, 11:13:13 am »

I'm a little scared now of what these characters are going to do in the upcoming fight. We know the condesce can control animal people, and there has been like a furry explosion lately. They're also all pretty powerful.
Tavros can also control animals. I wonder how that will go.

Tavros is also a complete non-character in that he sucks SO BAD at ALL THE THINGS.

The best version of him so far is currently a footstool, remember.
Actually... I predict alpha Tavros will end up as a footstool too, since the Condesce is pretty much an alt-version of Meenah.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51949 on: July 20, 2015, 11:19:34 am »

I still can't see how Team Hero can win the upcoming fight without pulling a lot of time-related complete bullshit.
._.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51950 on: July 20, 2015, 11:49:34 am »

John could just retro-pop back to the day Col. Sassacre died (which is part of the comic after all) and hurl Condy into the sun before she develops supertroll powers (beyond millenia-old tyrian standards). Sure, it would destroy the continuity again, and permanently mess up the alphas' timeline BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THE ALPHA KIDS except Roxy who's from another continuity anyway and may not even be affected

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51951 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:35 pm »

That's why the first thing LE will do at the start of the fight is double-killing John.
._.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51952 on: July 20, 2015, 08:40:44 pm »

Update. GreenOrange is gold.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51953 on: July 20, 2015, 08:45:58 pm »

I'm so confused.

Did Nepeta ever really HAVE a character other than subservient to Equius and roleplays a catgirl?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51954 on: July 20, 2015, 08:59:31 pm »

I don't think so.

But I... admittedly skipped around 1/3 of the troll parts, in no small part due to the awkward typography :/

I'll get back to it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51955 on: July 20, 2015, 09:24:29 pm »

Hm, trying to remember...
Off camera she hunted wild beasts and covered her cave with their blood and skins.  (Pretty frustrating that this angle wasn't addressed much)
She maintained a shipping grid of her friends and later included the beta kids.
She chat-roleplayed, especially with Tavros and also Terezi.
She was in the healthiest moirailship, probably the healthiest troll romance period.  In retrospect Equius may have been curbing her violence as she curbed his.  I feel like she might have been a silly playful serial killer.  (She did paint with grub sauce, for one thing)

I dunno I feel like she got about as much development as Aradia, Kanaya or Equius before the meteor.  She just died fairly early.  Aradia accomplished a lot more of course, thanks to Equius.

I wasn't especially eager for her to come back in this late stage, but I love it now.  I read out a lot of davepeta's lines aloud and I like how they sound in my voice B33  (I do that for a lot of other characters too, I'm *awful* at most of them but it's fun.)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51956 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:39 pm »

The shipping thing slips my mind because shipping in general provokes me to a rage state.

I am fairly certain the blue hood was actually an animal skin, though. She was pretty violent to critters.

I guess there really isn't much of an arc for Davepeta to resolve on that half. *shrug*

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51957 on: July 20, 2015, 11:31:05 pm »

neither part of Davepeta had much of an arc

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51958 on: July 20, 2015, 11:35:30 pm »

It seems Hussie has found a better way to deal with an overly large cast of characters then culling them: Condensing them via sprite shenanigans.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51959 on: July 21, 2015, 12:00:03 am »

neither part of Davepeta had much of an arc
Ehh, Davesprite had a bit of a thing going from savin' the day to helpin' fight Jack to pondering his lack of continued purpose. Felt like more'n Nepeta, anyway, although maybe that's because it was stretched out over a longer timeframe.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3462 3463 [3464] 3465 3466 ... 3524