Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141298 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51900 on: July 09, 2015, 01:06:43 am »

Yeah... I can't help but feel good for him, but I can't relate to him being a d*** back to Vriska, despite sharing an astrological sign with him.
I can, however, relate to USUALLY not accomplishing much and, being, uh, shy, in real life that is,

I can't believe I just typed that almost entirely unironically.
However, in the spirit of relating to my "patron" troll, I do happen to feel like dancing when I do accomplish something, and celebrating. Just not in a mean-spirited fashion.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51901 on: July 09, 2015, 01:54:38 am »

I like Equius, and not just as a joke.
I was only half joking about Eridan though...  He screwed up a lot, but he was a good person who cared strongly about his friends.  It's kinda ridiculous that he has this reputation as a murderer.

I kinda went into detail about it a while back...  But in a nutshell, he wasn't even trying to fight Sollux.  He was ignoring Sollux and suggesting a plan to Feferi when Sollux tried to murder him (Sollux says ii 2hould have killed you on lobaf when ii had the chance.).  Eridan subdues Sollux, then just stands there until Feferi attacks him for no valid reason.  Kanaya threatens him, he threatens her back by blowing up the symbol of false hope she's holding on to, she tries to kill him.  Eventually succeeds.

The only even questionable action he took was destroying the matriorb.  He entered that room to suggest a constructive plan, and everybody tried to kill him.

Hell, Past Eridan is clearly asking Karkat, the last person willing to talk to him, for help with the very relationship that causes him to snap and go down that path, except that he gets Future Karkat instead of Past Karkat. Future Karkat's in no mood to deal with any version of Eridan after watching Future Eridan kill his friends, and breaks off all ties without clearly explaining why. (And, being in a timeline where Eridan snapped, preventing Past Eridan from snapping would have doomed the timeline anyways...) As far as Past Eridan is concerned, he's just been abandoned by his only friend for no reason. Of course he snaps.

As for the current update, Tavros is a better dancer than Spider-Man. It's glorious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tavros wasn't there for that. Besides, the dickery of others is no excuse for dickery.

No, he only had to endure it for the entire time they were building the army before.

I think you mean he only had to endure it for a good portion of his entire life and afterlife.

This is the girl who crippled him and gave him shit for years, and killed him, all because she insisted on turning everything they did into a competition, insisted on winning, (using aaaaaaaall the luck...) and then got her rocks off treating him like dirt for losing.

All of that before the split that left this version alive. And this version just got done telling him to his face that he couldn't possibly have done anything correctly, so he was pretty much justified in assuming she was pretty much exactly like the other version.

So yeah, I'm with Putnam on this. Tavros is more than justified here. Vriska gets off damn lightly just enduring a "suck it" and a series of "I finally win for once" victory dances.

(Though, to be honest, Tavros has shown some tendencies towards being a bit of a jerk when he gets assertive. See his conversation with Jade a while back. But considering his number one role model for being self-assertive is, well, Vriska, you can see where he'd get it.)
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51902 on: July 09, 2015, 03:18:38 am »

Haha I agree, Tavros gets three thumbs up and a drawn-out chortle from me. If you feel he was rude to your precious Vriska babby-- pbthfft!

Alright. So the humans are going to jump out of the Ultimate Weapon as soon as it bonks against LE's forehead? That sounds too convenient to be true.

Patron Troll Discussion, shame edition
Cancer master race reporting in.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 08:59:52 am by Liber celi »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51903 on: July 09, 2015, 07:23:54 pm »

Update is out.

Homestuck: Poopmaster edition
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 07:26:29 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51904 on: July 09, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »

Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51905 on: July 09, 2015, 08:05:44 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51906 on: July 12, 2015, 02:55:13 pm »

Whelp, that little puddle of respect for Tavros just evaporated.

EDIT: Oh and speaking of horns I thought I might as well mention that the reason why Tavros always looked familiar to me is because his silhouette matches Jamiroquai's Buffalo Man very closely. Only figured out when I went to a music shop this week.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 02:59:09 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51907 on: July 19, 2015, 08:25:32 pm »

There has been an update. It is perfect. Just. Perfect. Purrfect
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51908 on: July 19, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »

I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51909 on: July 19, 2015, 08:38:58 pm »

I can agree with both of you on both those points. Complete perfection like this HAS to blindside you to be that complete.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51910 on: July 19, 2015, 08:50:39 pm »

Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51911 on: July 19, 2015, 08:52:20 pm »

I wonder if the clown will be freed from the fridge before or after the announced Omegapause.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51912 on: July 19, 2015, 09:15:57 pm »

Just to confirm

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51913 on: July 19, 2015, 09:22:04 pm »

I wouldn't put it quite like that but...  Yeah.  I particularly felt really sorry for poor Rose.
Now that I think about it, it's kinda like trickster mode.  Also has loose similarities to her time drinking.

also why is everything always so wonderful
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51914 on: July 19, 2015, 09:25:50 pm »

Amazing.

Now, I'm off to go peruse a fandom shitstorm, because I KNOW this caused one and I KNOW it will be hilarious.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 3459 3460 [3461] 3462 3463 ... 3524