Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3456 3457 [3458] 3459 3460 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141248 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51855 on: July 07, 2015, 09:14:15 pm »

One aspect being a shitty version of another seems unlikely.  I think blood is about relationships (friendly and otherwise) while breath is about inspiration. 
I think Karkat did a pretty good job keeping his team united, at least until they won the game.  Whereas John isn't really a leader.  He left his friends to their own devices.  He didn't tell them what to do, he just gave them silly inspirational speeches when he happened to talk to them (which wasn't very often).
Breath is also about wind and flying...  Tavros is exhibiting neither, at the moment.  Ages ago he did, trying to breath life into dying Vriska (complete with mysterious blue breath lines).  Here he's just... well... like I said, stolen an army.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51856 on: July 07, 2015, 09:19:57 pm »

Stolen from whom? I'm pretty sure that Aranea/Vriska didn't actually own that army. They just mind-controlled these poor ghosts into submission.

Here it seems that Tavros has actually managed to make that army follow him as a leader, with their own free will. Breath is also associated with freedom, you know.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51857 on: July 07, 2015, 10:38:56 pm »

Karkat is a great leader. He's loud and throws Vantrums, but people who know him for any length of time do tend to rally behind him and on various occasions before the three-year skip he did put in a lot of genuine effort helping people sort through their problems, with themselves and each other. The actual failures are direct interventions from Lord English (Gamzee, Vriska) or results of psychological damage (Eridan).

John isn't a leader for giving orders and being In Charge. He's a leader because being such a wholesome nice-guy, even if sometimes a little naive, makes his friends want to help him and each other.

Roxy is about the same, but she leads by example once she sobers up, by actually being supportive of her friends and working through her own problems on her own terms. My theory is that would have been the purpose of B kids' session if it had been allowed to run its course naturally.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51858 on: July 07, 2015, 11:46:02 pm »

TAVROS IS SO IMPORTANT NOW

This is a good week.

You mean (TAVROS), right?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51859 on: July 08, 2015, 10:31:28 am »

What is thump tortoise?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #51861 on: July 08, 2015, 12:16:13 pm »

Seems likely to be a heart, yes. Also woah who is this Tavros guy and are we sure it's not Rufioh?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51862 on: July 08, 2015, 01:25:59 pm »

It's pooplord deckswabber Tavros that ran off from (Vriska)'s army way back.

Also, I love that Meenah immediately ponders hooking up with another version of Vriska. Who's probably now going to have severe hots for Competent!Tavros.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51863 on: July 08, 2015, 01:41:43 pm »

What is thump tortoise?

A heart analogue maybe?

there was already "pump biscuit" and "collapsing and expanding bladder based aquatic vascular system" though

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51864 on: July 08, 2015, 02:48:47 pm »

RE: Blood/Breath stuff

I've always seen Blood as being like order and teamwork and stuff and Breath as being freedom and individuality. Rufioh, the Thief of Breath, steals freedom by mind controlling creatures. Inspiration might be in there somewhere too? Not sure. So Karkat and the Sufferer were good leaders because they brought people together and unified them. And Blood's got extra ramifications with the trolls because of the hemospectrum thing. Whereas John just let everyone do their own thing, which ties in with freedom. Now, we don't know what Pages do, but I can guess from the name. A page is someone who equips their master with weapons before the battle. In this case, Tavros is arming people with freedom and inspiration. So, if Page/Knight are a passive/active duo, as is implied by their names, the analogy with Karkat might be a good one. Passive Breath is having the same effect as active Blood, sort of.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51865 on: July 08, 2015, 02:59:34 pm »

rufioh's the rogue of breath

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51866 on: July 08, 2015, 03:03:06 pm »

rufioh's the rogue of breath

Ah. Oops. There's still freedom stealing involved. Rogues do more stealing stuff to benefit others, right? And the Summoner led an insurrection thingy with considerable assistance from mind controlled lusii and such. So he's stealing freedom from animals to get it for the trolls lower on the hemospectrum. Still works, mostly.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #51867 on: July 08, 2015, 03:10:19 pm »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 05:31:49 pm by penguinofhonor »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51868 on: July 08, 2015, 03:22:24 pm »

I was going to remark a few days ago about how being a Tauros makes wish to disown Tavros. Now I am eating those words, since Tavros is now doing something interesting. Go Tavros, go!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51869 on: July 08, 2015, 03:47:30 pm »

I can almost guarantee that inspiration is something Breath does on account of puns.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 3456 3457 [3458] 3459 3460 ... 3524