Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3446 3447 [3448] 3449 3450 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141366 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51705 on: June 22, 2015, 06:53:43 pm »

[spoiler]nono the red version is the "fuck-me" eyes

the black version is the "fuck-you" eyes
[/spoiler

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51706 on: June 22, 2015, 07:21:37 pm »

So.... for lack of some kind of hybrid Kronenberg-critter Johnsprite... I'm going to re-iterate one of my theories that John is somehow his own dad and Jane's dad.

For the silly part, we'll say it involves that unprototyped kernel on Jape's planet and some bizarre fuckery that will confirm a heterosexual relationship somehow and send the entire fandom into a complete existential meltdown.

EDIT: I forgot to make a pun about Serk-de-soleil battledancing from that icon image, also reference to some Leprechaun romance charm.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 07:23:56 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51707 on: June 22, 2015, 07:39:30 pm »

But if John is Dad then John is John's dad. But biologically. Also it makes him kind of his own grandson by parental roles which is weird.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51708 on: June 22, 2015, 08:41:15 pm »

There was only ectobiology involved in John's birth. Spawning. Whatever.

And yeah, like there's nothing else weird in this comic.

Regardless, it's just a hunch dealing with the fractured panel at John's location on the homestuck soul jar and the fact that something's obviously different about Dad Egbert and Dad Crocker.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51709 on: June 22, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »

Regardless, it's just a hunch dealing with the fractured panel at John's location on the homestuck soul jar and the fact that something's obviously different about Dad Egbert and Dad Crocker.

As long as we're entertaining bullshit gap-filling theories...

We know John (and Jade) are both the biological product of Jane and Jake's genes.

We know Jane 'Grandma' Crocker talked about finding a man who made her very happy, the mysterious Mister Egbert, and thus begat Dad Egbert, John's biological half-brother.

I hypothesize John 'Poppop' Crocker was enamored with the twin sister Miss Egbert, and thus begat Dad Crocker (Jane's... biological grandson).  Having virtually identical genes and parallel upbringings, the two Dad's are distinct but still very similar people.

It makes as much sense as any other presentation of heredity in this comic.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51710 on: June 23, 2015, 01:44:35 am »

There was only ectobiology involved in John's birth. Spawning. Whatever.
Yes. But Dad is Poppop's or Nanna's son, depending on which universe you're in.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51711 on: June 23, 2015, 02:00:53 am »

Oh gawd.

I had a horrible thought.

Circumvent lack of knowledge of the game in the newly created universe, by prototyping the unprototyped sprite with the genesis frog.

The resulting genesis frog sprite would have full knowledge of the game, and by extension, the lifeforms created inside that universe would find that information as a natural law, and thus should be MUCH better prepared.

Also, the universe would be sentient. Instruct Universe-Frog-Sprite that its inhabitants must be fully made aware of the game's rules and the inevitable destruction of their world(s), and to proactively produce countermeasures.

That's an outcome I dont think that Lord English would anticipate.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #51712 on: June 23, 2015, 06:58:44 am »

Ignoring all of the unreasonable assumptions you just made, game knowledge isn't a super pressing issue. The other sessions seem to have had no trouble figuring out what to do.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51713 on: June 23, 2015, 10:26:19 am »

The trolls had Rose's guide. The cherubs had Rose and Kanaya's guide. The B2 kids were driven by the Condesce and LE, who knew how to manipulate them into doing what was necessary.

The B1 kids had NO guide, and they fucked everything up so bad that Bec Noir happened. Seems like some guidance is pretty vital...

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51714 on: June 23, 2015, 10:31:00 am »

Prototyping a genesis frog would most likely result in SBURB either crashing down or throwing one hell of an exception.
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51715 on: June 23, 2015, 11:44:03 am »

Or it might just make a sprite that is also a universe.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51716 on: June 23, 2015, 11:59:39 am »

Or it might just make a sprite that is also a universe.
But genesis frog isn't simply ONE universe. It's a whole shitload of them, remember? Both Beta and Alpha universes were in the SAME genesis frog!
._.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51717 on: June 23, 2015, 12:14:01 pm »

Same universe, different timelines. I see no trouble.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51718 on: June 23, 2015, 12:21:26 pm »

Well, if you don't see trouble in putting something like universe with all its time-lines and all its inhabitants through something as weird as spritification, then I guess we think different.
._.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51719 on: June 23, 2015, 04:18:34 pm »

Spoiler: 2009 (2010) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 2012 (2015) (click to show/hide)

Everything old is new again.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 3446 3447 [3448] 3449 3450 ... 3524