Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142095 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51315 on: May 01, 2015, 05:38:47 pm »

Caliborn has also undergone actual character development, unlike his goody-two-shoes fanfiction shipper sister.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51316 on: May 01, 2015, 05:51:48 pm »

I admit, I will never be able to truly hate Caliborn, simply because his immediate reaction to Gamzee was filling him full of holes. For three panels straight. There's a green saw-faced skull monster after my own heart.

The mass genocides later might have been a bit much, though. A tad.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51317 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:55 pm »

Well, remember that dreambubble-spacetime is all weird and possibly ideal.  Meenah was only there for a few days or so, while Aranea hung around for hundreds or thousands of sweeps.  Because Meenah gave 0 bulges, while Aranea was fascinated with all the lore (and needed time to prepare).  It's my headcanon that every ghost spends the "correct" amount of time in the dreambubbles before dying to LE (or being resurrected).  Maybe some even stay there forever, but I doubt it.

In other words, all the souls LE killed were probably ready to be destroyed when they did.  It's actually the icing on top of an already nigh-ideal afterlife.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51318 on: May 01, 2015, 06:09:30 pm »

Well, remember that dreambubble-spacetime is all weird and possibly ideal.  Meenah was only there for a few days or so, while Aranea hung around for hundreds or thousands of sweeps.  Because Meenah gave 0 bulges, while Aranea was fascinated with all the lore (and needed time to prepare).  It's my headcanon that every ghost spends the "correct" amount of time in the dreambubbles before dying to LE (or being resurrected).  Maybe some even stay there forever, but I doubt it.

In other words, all the souls LE killed were probably ready to be destroyed when they did.  It's actually the icing on top of an already nigh-ideal afterlife.
Sounds too nice to me. I predict Hussie will retroactively destroy all of Paradox Space to prevent such niceness from existing.
._.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51319 on: May 01, 2015, 08:15:03 pm »

Well there's still the trillions of people who aren't Sburb players whose lives were ultimately full of meaningless suffering and didn't even get a chance at the afterlife. For that matter there's no guarantee players in non-English sessions (outside the domain of the horrorterrors) get one, either. So there's that, too. Also it's *only* players, meaning original Mom, Bro, Nanna, and Dad Egbert are all utterly dead.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51320 on: May 01, 2015, 08:25:53 pm »

Isn't nanasprite still a thing?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51321 on: May 01, 2015, 08:37:01 pm »

Isn't nanasprite still a thing?

Maaaaybe? John dropped the summoning locket into oil on LOWAS so it's probably still kicking around on his planet somewhere, unless he accidentally teleported it along the narrative timeline. It hasn't been mentioned in a long time, though, and I don't think there will be much opportunity to search for it very soon. Then again Breath's schtick is macguffins showing up for you when they're needed, and Jane seeing her granny alternate self would be amusing.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #51322 on: May 01, 2015, 09:47:14 pm »

Nannasprite being gone would be utterly depressing. She's an underrated character and I miss her presence. The same goes for Jaspersprite, but we know that he's still kicking. I can only hope and assume that Nannasprite is still a thing.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51323 on: May 01, 2015, 10:03:45 pm »

I assume she was the one baking all the cakes for them, on the ship.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51324 on: May 01, 2015, 10:07:21 pm »

Yes. No need to assume, either, it was explicitly stated and IIRC she was shown a few times.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51325 on: May 02, 2015, 12:34:41 am »

That timeline was doomed, so both nanna- and jaspersprite from that trip are gone (it can't be a pure retcon, because pirate!Vriska and Meenah are still a thing that exists).

In the new/current timeline Jade spent the whole trip without John because LOWAS blew up. I guess it depends on when they transferred nanna's amulet to the ship, though Jaspersprite is probably safe... but abandoned on the ship at LOMAX when Jade teleported to Prospit to kidnap Jake and mind control Jane.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51326 on: May 02, 2015, 12:56:07 am »

Nannasprite was still making cakes for Jade in that timeline, as can be seen during the duedlyfirearms.... art segment.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51327 on: May 02, 2015, 02:38:11 am »

I can't even find that segment anymore, so I'll take your word for it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51328 on: May 02, 2015, 03:07:11 am »

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #51329 on: May 03, 2015, 05:32:50 pm »

I'm the european guy getting updates at midnight. It is me.

Spoiler: spoilers! (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3420 3421 [3422] 3423 3424 ... 3524