Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3406 3407 [3408] 3409 3410 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142001 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #51105 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:20 pm »

He is the master horseshitter.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51106 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:28 pm »

It's moments like this that make me realize the extent to which Lord English was always already here. 6997 pages, not counting the ones that don't have page numbers, if any of those don't have numbered pages that redirect to them. I wonder if there are exactly 3.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

technicallyAdventurer

• Bay Watcher
  • Denizen of Above User in a Nutshell.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51107 on: April 21, 2015, 11:57:10 pm »

Although rare in most lands, the technicallyAdventurer is a common sight in the User Above You threads.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51108 on: April 22, 2015, 12:39:04 am »

It's moments like this that make me realize the extent to which Lord English was always already here. 6997 pages, not counting the ones that don't have page numbers, if any of those don't have numbered pages that redirect to them. I wonder if there are exactly 3.
You're not kidding.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #51109 on: April 22, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

inb4 well-hidden LE influence in Problem Sleuth
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #51110 on: April 22, 2015, 01:43:36 am »

Clearly LE is Pickle Inspector.

CLEARLY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51111 on: April 22, 2015, 01:44:38 am »

Other way around; clearly, a full-body union with the Clockwork Majyyks involves realizing that you're actually all just Pickle Inspector, like CHIM or some shit.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51112 on: April 22, 2015, 01:19:56 pm »

What a strange update.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51113 on: April 22, 2015, 01:21:02 pm »

What a strange update.
It was strange indeed. I found the number of references to AR interesting. Seems to imply that there are definitely parallels between it and Cal in some way, since they're both stuck into some artefact with Equius.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51114 on: April 22, 2015, 01:44:11 pm »

What a strange update.
It was strange indeed. I found the number of references to AR interesting. Seems to imply that there are definitely parallels between it and Cal in some way, since they're both stuck into some artefact with Equius.
Wait a minute.
Quote from: Hussie's old formspring, referring to Cal+Scratch
But all that said I still don't think it's quite right to regard him as an actual pedophile, just because of what sort of entity he is. It's probably more apt to think of him as an all knowing supercomputer that happens to have a gravitation toward young ladies in his programming. Imagine walking up to the computer and if you are a boy it says, hey. But if you are a girl it says WELL HELLO, DON'T YOU LOOK NICE. Thinking of it in these terms helps make it funny rather than outright disturbing.

It's probably more apt to think of him as an all knowing supercomputer that happens to have a gravitation toward young ladies in his programming.

all knowing supercomputer
God DAMN it Hussie. This was foreshadowed in 2011, even if it was retroactive.

Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #51115 on: April 22, 2015, 01:55:39 pm »

-snip-
I missed this feeling. Truly, it's been too long. Once more, I can utter the phrase for its intended meaning.

HUSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51116 on: April 22, 2015, 02:41:48 pm »

What a strange update.

Doc Scratch was made from Cal, so AR is part of Doc Scratch (along with Equius and Caliborn).

Note that Doc Scratch has many of AR's mannerisms and is STRONG enough to bend SS's horse hitcher as if it were taffy.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #51117 on: April 22, 2015, 02:47:50 pm »

HUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So let me get this straight. Where did Lil' Cal come from in the FIRST place, BEFORE it became the vessel for 1/2Gamzee+Equieus+AR+Caliborn?

Because the one that falls onto earth for Caliborn to collect seems to be the same one that John eventually gives Strider on the meteor, which already has the 4 souls in it, which became LE in the other timeline.

Am I right? This is another circular causality thing?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51118 on: April 22, 2015, 02:48:26 pm »

Oh I get it, it was ARquiussprite that ended up in Cal, not some alternate dream version bullshit.
Sorry the dreambubble portion made me forget that characters die.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51119 on: April 22, 2015, 02:50:08 pm »

HUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So let me get this straight. Where did Lil' Cal come from in the FIRST place, BEFORE it became the vessel for 1/2Gamzee+Equieus+AR+Caliborn?

Because the one that falls onto earth for Caliborn to collect seems to be the same one that John eventually gives Strider on the meteor, which already has the 4 souls in it, which became LE in the other timeline.

Am I right? This is another circular causality thing?
https://i.imgur.com/cVvmj.jpg

Though to be fair, the latest flash pretty much goes over Cal's entire timeline.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:52:02 pm by Putnam »
Pages: 1 ... 3406 3407 [3408] 3409 3410 ... 3524