Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3390 3391 [3392] 3393 3394 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142857 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50865 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:14 am »

I'm slightly upset that so much of the story has been essentially undone.

Exactly 8.2215% of Homestuck is really affected by this. If you decide to include the act 6 intermissions, that number jumps up to ~20%.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50866 on: January 19, 2015, 12:59:48 am »

So is clicking on the face supposed to do something, or is it just sorta there?
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50867 on: January 19, 2015, 01:00:01 am »

What's the deal with corner!Vriska? It doesn't restart the flash, it doesn't send me to Nic Cage doing something goofy, and it made me wait like 8 minutes before I decided it wasn't going to go "Psych!" at me.

I right click and hit play, and it gives me the replay arrow after a few seconds... My best guess is it's supposed to turn into the replay arrow, and before that it's supposed to be clickable for a few seconds for some sort of bonus content, but that's either unfinished or the clickable part is bugged too.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50868 on: January 19, 2015, 01:06:27 am »

It's the exact copy of the GAME OVER ending curtains, only with Vriska's face instead of Caliborn's one.

It even has the same functionality (none).
._.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50869 on: January 19, 2015, 01:18:11 am »

Oh man, Caliborn has learned how to use some advanced effects. Too bad his artwork is still terrible.

Who wants to bet that A6A6A5 will be too blurry to make anything out?

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #50870 on: January 19, 2015, 08:23:42 am »

Exactly 8.2215% of Homestuck is really affected by this. If you decide to include the act 6 intermissions, that number jumps up to ~20%.

The intermissions aren't really relevant to what happened in the new session, meethinks.

And anyway, if one thinks about homestuck as the story of John, it's all a continuous narrative anyway.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50871 on: January 19, 2015, 11:04:05 am »

Except for the entirety of Meenah-Stuck.

Edit: Side-note realization over involving the what-ever-it's-called of the situation (Symbolism? Symmetry?), Vriska, the person responsible for making Jade seem narcoleptic in the early comic, has put her back to sleep.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 11:06:29 am by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50872 on: January 19, 2015, 02:07:30 pm »

Aaaaaaaaw yeah.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50873 on: January 19, 2015, 04:24:42 pm »

The intermissions aren't really relevant to what happened in the new session, meethinks.

And anyway, if one thinks about homestuck as the story of John, it's all a continuous narrative anyway.

The easiest way to think of Homestuck is to think of it as multiple stories which themselves are made up of multiple stories, separate stories that occasionally dip into other ones.

For example, Dave's story started out on its own, merged into John's and Terezi's story during the Davesprite arc, stayed merged with Terezi's story until John goes God Tier (dave)/Murderstuck (terezi), moves to merge with Jade's story while they hunt frogs, leaves to merge with Rose's when his real self dies (which itself is part of the Sovereign Slayer's story), stays there until the creation of the Green Sun, at which point it merges with the meteor story; afterward, it merges with Jade's story once again as he whines to her about his problems and stays that way until his death in GAME OVER (with a bit of overlap into Jane and Sovereign Slayer/Pooch Mangler)

It's really not that complicated. Like, just think of every character as "what story were they part of then", and you can keep track of basically everyone important forever.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50874 on: January 19, 2015, 10:15:35 pm »

Really, Nepeta is the only main character.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50875 on: January 19, 2015, 10:21:10 pm »

Nepeta <3 Bathearst OTP

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50876 on: January 20, 2015, 01:10:41 am »

News update.

The gist of it: Homestuck is on hiatus again, and will return 4/13/15.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #50877 on: January 20, 2015, 04:02:49 am »

Vriska. Woo. Hoo. Yay. Ho boy. (Also what stopped her from just sleepdropping Jade from the bubbles? Serket powers are of seemingly unlimited range, transuniversal, don't require line of sight and are generally OP bullshit. Was a rebalancing patch released for SBURB during Gigapause? I guess you could make a point that timing it is hard to impossible from within the bubbles-- only, you know, that stopped nobody in this comic ever)

Also, dear, dear internet strangers, I dub this Pause the "That second to last or maybe third to last hiatus why just why oh why"

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50878 on: January 20, 2015, 04:04:35 am »

AFAIK, the powers require either line-of-sight or within a certain range (thus the necessity of the psychic double reacharound in Make Her Pay).

Also, Megido powers are similarly OP as shit, since that's what Aranea was using to move things around in A6A6I2 (planets, swords etc.)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50879 on: January 20, 2015, 04:16:57 am »

Make Her Pay was because she couldn't affect Terezi directly, actually. Willpower or psychic resistance or something.
Pages: 1 ... 3390 3391 [3392] 3393 3394 ... 3524