Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3385 3386 [3387] 3388 3389 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142950 times)

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50790 on: January 12, 2015, 08:00:44 am »

Those last two words prove ominous. John, what did you do?
I don't think John's done or forgotten anything besides the wallet, the "oh fuck" is just an opener for the shouting match to follow.

I love the banter and especially that egregious knock-out, but Terezi's performing timeline surgery with a flanged iron mace here. John wasted a lot of solid sneakiness earlier.

And if the dashing hero of la résistance is revealed to indeed be Vriska I will roll my eyes moderately hard at my computer screen. Maybe I will even groan a little, barely audibly. Could it be the Mayor eh the question-marked silhouette is a bit tall artistic liberties or not

And, trolling of the audience aside, I wonder if Jade likes Jane's war story because she was raised by an old man; or if the outer ring cosplay club is just that much of a hugbox.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50791 on: January 12, 2015, 08:24:43 am »

Could it be the Mayor eh the question-marked silhouette is a bit tall artistic liberties or not
Huh. He does have that rallying call thing he did in WV?:Rise Up. I could see him doing something like that and rallying the players against the "Black Queen" of the session. Now the only problem is to piss him off. Probably Vriska though, as retJohn is the only reason she's alive  :-\.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50792 on: January 12, 2015, 09:38:30 am »

TEREZI: 3V3RY CH4NG3 1 4M T3LL1NG YOU TO M4K3 W1LL H4V3 1NCR3D1BLY SUBTL3 CONS3QU3NC3S

seems like terezi definition of "subtle" is a little bit different from ours

because i'm pretty sure clocking Vriska in the head does not count as fucking "subtle"
._.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50793 on: January 12, 2015, 01:49:47 pm »

The scarf says knock her out.

Is it possible John knocked out the wrong her?

Also the Mystery Hero is most likely John, I think. Since in the timeline Jane is storytiming from, he was dead for years when that happened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50794 on: January 12, 2015, 04:00:28 pm »

the mystery hero is vriska

like goddamn

did you read that description

every single word says it's vriska

Homestuck is not that complicated, if it beats you over the head with a concept it actually wants you to understand that, like how Caliborn is Lord English.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50795 on: January 12, 2015, 04:19:16 pm »

or maybe it's actually equius

there are enough horse and void references there to make that a possibility too

._.

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #50796 on: January 12, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »

I'm going to stand by my belief it's Equius, because that would be rad as hell and you know it.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50797 on: January 12, 2015, 04:38:06 pm »

the mystery hero is vriska

like goddamn

did you read that description

every single word says it's vriska

Homestuck is not that complicated, if it beats you over the head with a concept it actually wants you to understand that, like how Caliborn is Lord English.
It could also mean John from that timeline (initially, then RetJohn), but I'll agree it probably is Vriska, especially because of the leadup. I've just learned never to say that it's definitely something unless that thing is indeed certain. Besides, "the curtains closed early" has a few meanings, the most obvious and probably relevant is dying early on, but the curtains quite literally closed at the end of Cascade, and John died early on the trip, which would have made Jade think that he would never come back yadayadayada, and looking at the traits, John actually has gained a few of them over the course of the plot. He sure as hell is bold, and come to think of it, he has been using he breath powers to deceive Jade (and Jack in the dream bubble). Historically, John has inspired the others to action, if only indirectly. He's also determined as all hell if convinced, to the point of rewriting a large amount of history to save his friends. He also fucks with Seer powers.

TL:DR I like theorizing, this is an ample opportunity, and signs could point to John.

Prob'ly Vriska tho.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:41:56 pm by XXXXYYYY »

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50798 on: January 12, 2015, 04:42:02 pm »

I say the Mayor is the hero. Remember what he did in WV?: Rise up.

Also, the wallet is needed to store something BIG. Five bucks it's the meteor. Alternatively: Fat Vriska Joke.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50799 on: January 12, 2015, 04:43:26 pm »

I say the Mayor is the hero. Remember what he did in WV?: Rise up.

Also, the wallet is needed to store something BIG. Five bucks it's the meteor. Alternatively: Fat Vriska Joke.
I need to put more thought into this theory. Could actually work. Will post results.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #50800 on: January 12, 2015, 05:06:35 pm »

I'm going to stand by my belief it's Equius, because that would be rad as hell and you know it.
Except Equius is still dead, sadly. I'd like it to be him, but it's probably John, Vriska or WV.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50801 on: January 12, 2015, 05:09:49 pm »

Except Equius is still dead, sadly. I'd like it to be him, but it's probably John, Vriska or WV.
ring of life
+
dead equius
=
live equius
._.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50802 on: January 12, 2015, 05:21:02 pm »

I need to put more thought into this theory. Could actually work. Will post results.
Alright, here we go:

"the curtains closed early" :
The War-wary Villein's rebellion was cut short early by Jack Noir, which was the end to his role in Skaia, and the kid's session, barring his sendificator being used to let Jack into the troll's session. Other than his messages to John, he didn't do much of import past that point.

Traits:

Bold: He led an assault on the Black king, a towering behemoth, followed only by Pawns, all on his own. He's nothing if not bold.

Wily: He united all the pawns of Skaia, something that was completely unexpected and led the attack on the King. He is most definitely "skilled at gaining an advantage" (Google).

"Blind spot": He had little relevance to the Condesce, being a mere Pawn, and would easily have been omitted from plans considering the fact that A. He was punched through the gut by Noir, and thus could be expected to die, and B. he's a Pawn, a weakling, a tool to be used and then discarded. She forgot him because for near all cases, he can be expected to be powerless.

"not about to take the verdict of paradox space lying down.": He's motherfucking WV. He united both sides of the war over Skaia in one moment.

Plucky: This does not need to be said. The sheer look of pure hate and determination on his face at around 1:40 when he Rises Up is worth more than words can convey.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 05:22:39 pm by XXXXYYYY »

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #50803 on: January 12, 2015, 07:24:21 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:01:44 am by penguinofhonor »

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50804 on: January 12, 2015, 08:14:58 pm »