Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 [3379] 3380 3381 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5143310 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50670 on: January 02, 2015, 04:39:05 pm »

It is, kinda. But I don't think we ever saw a retcon affecting that place directly before.

There's also the fact that all that Vriska's character development cannot be simply retconned away. And the chances of that are increasing, since all recent retcons seem to target her death.

Didn't Terezi wind up killing Vriska because she was going to head off to fight Bec Noir?  Reason for going up there could easily be change to needing to getting her to fight Gamzee.
She doesn't need to go find Vriska in person if she has the glasses.

She takes them off later in the main timeline, just before she tries to bring Tavros back to life.
She was right in the middle of doing that (kissing Tavros) in the current update.

She put them back on. I'm reasonably sure she's not going to put them down again.
._.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50671 on: January 02, 2015, 04:43:33 pm »

She put them back on. I'm reasonably sure she's not going to put them down again.

She hadn't done the investigation of the corpse yet.  She tried to kiss Tavros (which is when she put down her glasses) after the investigation.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50672 on: January 02, 2015, 05:43:51 pm »

She hadn't done the investigation of the corpse yet.  She tried to kiss Tavros (which is when she put down her glasses) after the investigation.
She appears to have done it while John was being grossed out by corpses.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50673 on: January 02, 2015, 11:11:11 pm »

Brief theorycrafting sidenote from recent updates. Was doing a bit of a reread today, looking at all the things that have been in the works for years before their big reveals, and I think I found another thing that's been/is being set up:

So, Lord English is thoroughly established as some kind of God-Tier Hero of Time Caliborn who made a bargain with his denizen to gain access to Invulnerability/Ultimate Power by completing his insane grindfest solo quest and somehow unlocking the stupidly OP Snake-Form Cherub powers while in normal form, right? And his essence is magically tied to his new Juju, Li'l Cal, who he uses to indoctrinate servants (Gamzee, Alphaverse Jack, etc.) who alchemize Doc Scratches in universes he appears in. This is all boring and unimportant.

...but what do we know about Li'l Cal? He seems to be a single plush toy who gets dragged from universe to universe by Heroes of Time. For our purposes, he started with Dave (Human Knight of Time) when he entered the Beta Session, then Jack carried him over to the Troll Session and threw him at a RoboAradia. She warped with him using her Time Tables to escape, and was clipped through a portal by a reckoning asteroid and sent back in time where young Aradia (Troll Sylph of Time) discovers him in an archaeology dig. Somehow Li'l Cal makes a trip to the Alphaverse too, and eventually to Caliborn (Cherub Lord of Time) via the scorched remains of the post-apocalypse Earth he/his Sister hatched on.

Now, it's also been pretty thoroughly set-up that some kind of Alternate Universe God-Tier Hero of Space Calliope (Or possibly a revived Ghost Callie who is allowed to grow up and find the same exploit to equal her brother's power) is going to defeat Lord English, since only the power of another Snake-Form Cherub can destroy him. Plus, the whole Oroburos thing... snake devouring itself, whatever. Anyway, this is all boring and unimportant too. Before she can do all that, she has to level the playing field with him... and let's not forget that Lord English still has the inexplicable Juju power of Li'l Cal on his side.

What's would-be Lord(Lady?) of Space Callie to do without an equivalent Juju of her own? If only there were some other plush object aside from Li'l Cal that had roamed from universe to universe, perhaps thanks to the efforts of Heroes of Space like Jade, rather than Heroes of Time? Something that drifted around in the background through many iterations and revisions, getting nearly destroyed and repaired, augmented and changed, and so on during it's appearances in each universe. Perhaps something that also took a long and winding path to the Post-Apocalypse Alpha Earth which Caliborn and Calliope were born on?

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:27:11 pm by Solifuge »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50674 on: January 02, 2015, 11:13:27 pm »

Callies juju/soul jar was the firefly, wasn't it?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50675 on: January 03, 2015, 01:07:33 am »

Major problem with the spoiler theory is this.

Of course, retcons can fix this (it might even be the whole point).
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #50676 on: January 03, 2015, 01:17:23 am »

All this shuffling around of plush toys. it all makes sense now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50677 on: January 03, 2015, 01:41:58 am »

It's the clockwork majyyks that give him the invulnerability, which also appears to be the stuff that revives godtiers.

It's also probably cherub invincibility stuff, so whatever.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50678 on: January 03, 2015, 03:19:07 am »

And yet remember how the same thing happened to Cal?

Though honestly, it would absolutely make my day if all these Retcons are part of an elaborate and convoluted process by which John is saving Liv Tyler. Hussie would spend 3 years of his life making a "Put the bunny back in the box" joke.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50679 on: January 03, 2015, 03:25:11 am »

And yet remember how the same thing happened to Cal?

Though honestly, it would absolutely make my day if all these Retcons are part of an elaborate and convoluted process by which John is saving Liv Tyler. Hussie would spend 3 years of his life making a "Put the bunny back in the box" joke.

The same thing happened to Lil' Seb as well. They both ended up in Caliborn's possession because he's on Earth.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #50680 on: January 03, 2015, 03:11:55 pm »

Yeah, Lil' Cal wasn't destroyed there, near as I can tell. Merely deposited on the ocean floor, where he miraculously survived until Caliborn later found him.

I'm now on board the bunny back in the box train though.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50681 on: January 03, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »

What about the 8-ball though?
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50682 on: January 03, 2015, 04:11:33 pm »

What 8-ball? There's like a million of those.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50683 on: January 03, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

What about the 8-ball though?
You consult with your MAGIC CUE BALL, an extremely rare treasure you recently plundered from an ancient crypt, and one of many rumored to be hidden across the globe. Each at one time belonged to the strange and powerful man fabled to live on the green moon, but have since managed to escape his vision.
There are/were multiple. I think Jade also had one.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50684 on: January 03, 2015, 04:15:26 pm »

ArKFallen, you're confusing 8-balls and cue balls.
There's a limited quantity of Cue Balls, although yes there are many of them.
There's a metric buttload of 8-balls.

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 3377 3378 [3379] 3380 3381 ... 3524