Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3366 3367 [3368] 3369 3370 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5143158 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50505 on: December 10, 2014, 08:16:57 pm »

Redglare and the rest of the badass ancestors.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50506 on: December 10, 2014, 08:32:10 pm »

It's now at WV/Aranea Serket with a grand total of almost 2300 unique pairings queried. Only about 2% of them have at least one fic.

There are two for Calliope/Cronus!?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:34:15 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50507 on: December 10, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »

Redglare and the rest of the badass ancestors.

Was just about to mention them.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50508 on: December 10, 2014, 08:42:20 pm »

It's now at WV/Aranea Serket with a grand total of almost 2300 unique pairings queried. Only about 2% of them have at least one fic.

There are two for Calliope/Cronus!?
I might make a slight edit to make it take an argument so that you can choose to not have it display zeroes, for the future.
Huh. 2 for Calliope/Cronus?
Oh, one's for the shipping olympics, and the other's one-sided as all hell. Whew.

Edit: Okay, uploaded it to the dropbox, as FicGetter2.py. Should be identical, with an optional argument to turn the zeroes off.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:48:55 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50509 on: December 10, 2014, 08:48:48 pm »

Having the zeroes isn't that bad. I just grep out the --- and \s0$ lines. I think it would be more efficient to filter out known zeroes so as to reduce load on the server.

Also, we are now at 3438 pairings. There are 313 with at least one fic, so the percentage of used ships seems to have gone up as we re-enter familiar territory. (Last pairing before end of write block: Sollux/Equius)

Actually, now we're getting into redundant territory. Stopping and adding post-Scratch troll ancestors and Doc Scratch.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 08:50:24 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50510 on: December 10, 2014, 08:51:06 pm »

Having the zeroes isn't that bad. I just grep out the --- and \s0$ lines. I think it would be more efficient to filter out known zeroes so as to reduce load on the server.

Also, we are now at 3438 pairings. There are 313 with at least one fic, so the percentage of used ships seems to have gone up as we re-enter familiar territory. (Last pairing before end of write block: Sollux/Equius)
I would have, but the problem is that each fic is only done once, and as such the program doesn't have any way of knowing if a fic will be a zero before hand :/. If you have any tips on how I would do that, they would be appreciated.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50511 on: December 10, 2014, 08:54:47 pm »

I'm not quite sure about that either, but I made sure to redirect output to a file for record-keeping. I would imagine the na"ive implementation would be to load the file, get a list of zeroes, and check for them before every request.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50512 on: December 10, 2014, 09:04:03 pm »

I was thinking how weird it is that the Alternian kids often have more in common with their ancestors than their dancestors.  But then I remembered that many Alternians are intentionally emulating their ancestors, who they can identify out of history based on symbol.

Which is maybe why the Beforan's ancestors have been so frustratingly absent from the story.  I bet most of them are just adult versions of the Beforan kids.  With genetics taking over in some cases, and them being like the Alternian kids.

I kinda like how Beforus was basically Feferi's ideal world.  Makes sense since her genetic clone was probably the reigning Empress.  (Though it's technically due to the lack of Scratch and the Handmaiden antagonizing everyone, of course)

Thanks for the fic-stats, by the way.  I hadn't seen that fic site before you brought it up.  Who knew pale romance was so... physical?  (It's probably not, but shippers gonna smut).  I'm tempted to turn some of the zeroes into ones, just because.  Even though I haven't really written in a while.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50513 on: December 10, 2014, 09:14:09 pm »

I'm not quite sure about that either, but I made sure to redirect output to a file for record-keeping. I would imagine the na"ive implementation would be to load the file, get a list of zeroes, and check for them before every request.
That, while possibly slow, could in fact be quite useful. It could import the text from the output file, then, before it queries the server, check if the given pair is already there, by using "in". It would actually improve speed if the pair is already done. That would actually work. Huh.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #50514 on: December 10, 2014, 09:31:50 pm »

Augh! When will I learn not to search things like Doc Scratch/Tavros?

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50515 on: December 10, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »

I'm surprised that there aren't more WV/PM fics, given that there was a hint given out, towards a fandom that ships like madmen.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50516 on: December 10, 2014, 09:50:36 pm »

I'm surprised that there aren't more WV/PM fics, given that there was a hint given out, towards a fandom that ships like madmen.

What. That is a boring ship. It has some basis in canon, they're of opposite genders AND they're not siblings. 0/10, would never ship again. :P

^Over exaggeration for comedic effect.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 09:53:58 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50517 on: December 10, 2014, 09:51:31 pm »

^Over exaggeration for comedic effect
Marginally  :P
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50518 on: December 10, 2014, 09:55:06 pm »

Augh! When will I learn not to search things like Doc Scratch/Tavros?
Jack Noir/Spades Slick. Huh. I actually thought "Yup, there's gonna be SS/JN fics", but DANG, that's a lot of fic.

That kinda surprised me too.Don't ship 'em at all. nope. But eh, I guess people forgot about them, honestly. You have them being all cute and shit, and then EXPLOSIONS and EXCITEMENT and TROLLS.

What. That is a boring ship. It has some basis in canon, they're of opposite genders AND they're not siblings. 0/10, would never ship again.

^Over exaggeration for comedic effect
:P Sadly accurate, going by the numbers.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50519 on: December 10, 2014, 10:40:20 pm »

Grand Highblood/Dad:   2
:I

This had better be some dumb clown shit and not dumb shipping shit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 3366 3367 [3368] 3369 3370 ... 3524