Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3358 3359 [3360] 3361 3362 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142777 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50385 on: December 03, 2014, 12:39:04 pm »

I half-expected this update to get into awkward romantic overture territory. I'm sure they'll get there though; they're the only people in the world!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50386 on: December 03, 2014, 01:06:07 pm »

I half-expected this update to get into awkward romantic overture territory. I'm sure they'll get there though; they're the only people in the world!
Time to repopulate the endless plane of nothing?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50387 on: December 03, 2014, 01:11:49 pm »

Let's not go there.

Or do you want another lecture on leprechaun/troll cross-species romance?
._.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50388 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:15 pm »

They don't even have any ectobiology equipment!

Edit: (Though yes of course I want that, who doesn't want that)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:22:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50389 on: December 03, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

Just want to say that, after a bit more thinking, I think (and/or hope) that the Roxy in the John-less timeline is going to die somehow. Then, John and Roxy are going to retcon into the John-less session and replace the LoWaS that was destroyed in the denizen-explosion. Just a gut feeling though, so I'm probably wrong.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #50390 on: December 03, 2014, 02:26:31 pm »

That would be the most painless solution to the Denizen riddles- their friends would only suffer their respective loss.

The less pleasant solution would be a cast consisting entirely of sole timeline survivors. Less pleasant for the characters, at least. About as pleasant to me, really. Homestuck is war: death and pain have no meaning and any character still getting fazed by loss is too soft.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #50391 on: December 03, 2014, 02:51:52 pm »

I have a feeling that this whole moment is a vague reflection of what happened to Guardian Roxy and John's dad.

People gonna get stabbed. ;.;
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50392 on: December 03, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

Just want to say that, after a bit more thinking, I think (and/or hope) that the Roxy in the John-less timeline is going to die somehow. Then, John and Roxy are going to retcon into the John-less session and replace the LoWaS that was destroyed in the denizen-explosion. Just a gut feeling though, so I'm probably wrong.

it's pretty friggin obvious that the LOWASploded!john's Roxy is going to be dead due to her choice

perhaps because Meenah friggin forked her dreamself and then her realself died to the Miles

surely because she made a choice to that effect

maybe it'll be some other way

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50393 on: December 03, 2014, 08:19:22 pm »

A general reminder to the shippers: John and Roxy haven't known each other for even a full day. It would be a little rushed if stuff started happening.

Also: In the timeline where LOWAS exploded, the LOWAS John and Roxy are on is going to be placed there/are already there, and Timeline-Native (Not the one with John.) Roxy will probably be killed by a game construct (Likely Nix.), seeing as to the context her choice was made.

I have a feeling the timeline where LOWAS will end up will have already had the GrimBark-CrockerTier'ening happen, but Roxy would have been dead for months and John for three years.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #50394 on: December 03, 2014, 08:41:19 pm »

oh....

OH....
So the massacre when the gigapause ended... was entirely within a doomed timeline? Everyone's still alive in the Alpha?

YES!!
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50395 on: December 03, 2014, 08:53:29 pm »

oh....

OH....
So the massacre when the gigapause ended... was entirely within a doomed timeline? Everyone's still alive in the Alpha?

YES!!

Not necessarily~! Jade might still be dead, for unknown reasons. Aranea wouldn't have gotten the ring in this timeline because John wouldn't have been there to get it for her[Or maybe not? Are the dream bubbles outside of session timelines in the same way the Incipiosphere is outside of Earth time?].
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #50396 on: December 03, 2014, 09:02:16 pm »

oh....

OH....

YES!!

Not necessarily~! Jade might still be dead, for unknown reasons. Aranea wouldn't have gotten the ring in this timeline because John wouldn't have been there to get it for her[Or maybe not? Are the dream bubbles outside of session timelines in the same way the Incipiosphere is outside of Earth time?].

Wait a minute...John had the ring because he took it from Tavros...

In the alpha, that may have happened before John encountered them in the dream bubbles.  So either him taking it to the doomed timeline wound up moving it there...

Or Tavros has the ring in the alpha.

I'd bet on the former, but there's always the chance...
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50397 on: December 03, 2014, 10:05:31 pm »

oh....

OH....

YES!!

Wait a minute...John had the ring because he took it from Tavros...

In the alpha, that may have happened before John encountered them in the dream bubbles.  So either him taking it to the doomed timeline wound up moving it there...

Or Tavros has the ring in the alpha.

I'd bet on the former, but there's always the chance...
If Tavros gave Vriska the ring lke he planned to, then Vriska can finally put some of her irons right back into the fire.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50398 on: December 03, 2014, 10:10:22 pm »

Oooh.  The whole Tavros-Vriska ring thing might go differently~

Yes I ship it, but also I just like both characters a lot and want to see them more.  Along with... pretty much all the other trolls.  But especially those two.

Honestly I would have liked to learn about the Beforan's ancestors instead of all this cherub and particularly retcon-magic stuff, but the narrative has to end some day.  I GUESS.  Plenty of room to explore non-broken game sessions in fan works.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50399 on: December 04, 2014, 04:48:10 pm »

One problem with the Tavros-Vriska ring thing: It's already happened. The furthest ring sort of exists outside of the universe timelines. The event is not going to repeat itself. We now know that it was just a "doomed" John at the meeting with Alpha Vriska and Tavros, not the Alpha John.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.
Pages: 1 ... 3358 3359 [3360] 3361 3362 ... 3524