Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5141901 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #50130 on: November 08, 2014, 03:49:34 pm »

Alright, so the news post is basically explaining and justifying (heh) the Heroic and Just verdict on the dead Godtiers.

Also provides a nice explanation for Grimbark Jade. She never was properly mind controlled. Basically, she was just made loyal to )(IC and had all mental restraints removed. Using Freud's outdated explanations for the mind, it would be like removing the Super Ego and just letting the Id reign free.

Also, absolutely confirms that Aranea was the reason she received a Just verdict, so those few confused doubters have nothing to argue about anymore.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50131 on: November 08, 2014, 04:01:20 pm »

It doesn't confirm that Aranea was exactly the reason, but she ensured that a case where it could have gone either way fell on Just.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50132 on: November 08, 2014, 04:14:04 pm »

Lucky 8r8k, it said.

Anyway, ooh, I can finally create some silly heroic/just system for Fortbent. Hell yes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50133 on: November 08, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

It's here, if anyone cares.

I guess that makes sense. John has historically been pretty philosophical about things going wrong, too.
Yeah, about that.
._.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50134 on: November 08, 2014, 04:18:22 pm »

Lucky 8r8k, it said.
Yes it did. She interfered, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Jade would have revived had Aranea not interfered (whatever that even means given the weird kind-of-but-with-exceptions predetermined nature of everything).
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #50135 on: November 08, 2014, 04:24:09 pm »

Okay, the thing about predetermined universe thing is that the same is basically true in reality. for the past and hypotheticals are absurd by the fact that they didn't happen.

Anyway, it's really frigging simple. If a person's interference changes something, that means that that would not have transpired were it not for that person's existence. Anything further ("predetermined means they exist regardless!") is overthinking it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50136 on: November 08, 2014, 04:31:02 pm »

Anyway, it's really frigging simple. If a person's interference changes something, that means that that would not have transpired were it not for that person's existence. Anything further ("predetermined means they exist regardless!") is overthinking it.
Quoting the section of the blog post that gave me the idea in the first place:
So it's very close, and perhaps the clock even spares her... except for Aranea, whose luck lets close calls break in her favor, and nudges that needle one hair to the Just side. Very unlikely that happens if it's not close already though.
Specifically that it was a 'close call'. As opposed to a certainty. And when you have a master plan to fix everything you don't deal with uncertainties where they can be avoided.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50137 on: November 08, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »

So it's very close, and perhaps the clock even spares her... except for Aranea, whose luck lets close calls break in her favor, and nudges that needle one hair to the Just side. Very unlikely that happens if it's not close already though.
Specifically that it was a 'close call'. As opposed to a certainty. And when you have a master plan to fix everything you don't deal with uncertainties where they can be avoided.
Aranea's plan was stupid and not thought out at all, news at 11.
._.

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #50138 on: November 08, 2014, 08:14:13 pm »

The weather today is overcaste with a chance of planetary collision. Back to you Jim.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #50139 on: November 08, 2014, 08:50:43 pm »

The weather today is overcast with a chance of planetary collision. Back to you Jim.
Recently, shippers of various different ships, namely Karezi, JaneJake, DirkJake, and JadeDave have begun to enter the second stage grief, while Rosemary shippers have entered the first stage of grief. Many other shipers refuse to begin stage one of grief, stating that, "There's still hope in the dream bubbles."

I am definitely not one of the later people for one of these ships./Sarcasm
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50140 on: November 08, 2014, 08:57:02 pm »

IDK if this has been said already, but some searches in the tread suggest not. I noticed something during my recent rereading. Dave at one point was called the Prince of the Moon (here), and then he destroyed Derse's moon (by making the map and cutting the chain). That title suddenly seems quite fitting.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 09:02:14 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50141 on: November 09, 2014, 03:07:23 am »

Another news post, with a youtube link!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 03:12:35 am by Sergarr »
._.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50142 on: November 09, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

Since it does not appear to be there any more, does anyone have the text of the "short story" from the news update before the most recent?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50143 on: November 09, 2014, 03:50:45 pm »

It's probably on the subreddit somewhere.

There comes a time in every young Homestuck's life when they must face the fact that a notable comic author has swindled them into getting on a bus labeled "cool updates", only to swerve said bus off the highway and into a precipitous gulch of unmitigated sadstuck. But the old wives tale says that sadstuck was just a thing that happened in our fanfics, the bus children wailed. That's what they said about the tricksters too, a veteran child in the back replied. They said the tricksters would never see the light of canon, but where are the doubters now? Where are they now. Propping up six feet of dirt is where. The veteran child is weirding everybody out, so they stop looking at him, and turn to the driver. But the driver is now a spooky skeleton and the kids lose their shit. The skeleton head does a creepy 180, and speaks his scary curse. Heed me bus youths, for I am the ghost of future sadstuck. I have traveled back in time and am on a bus for some reason I guess, to punish you for your maudlin fics. For every time you murmured sadstuck while having a feeling, for every fic you pastebinned by candlelight, my curse has grown stronger, and my legend, dumber. Then the skeleton ran out of stuff to say, and looking a little embarrassed, turned around again to keep driving. Then he screamed once he remembered the bus was falling.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gradiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50144 on: November 09, 2014, 04:31:20 pm »

Thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 3341 3342 [3343] 3344 3345 ... 3524