Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142092 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49980 on: October 28, 2014, 05:16:40 pm »

Extrapolating a theory from a single data point! Brilliant.

That's nothing.  Person used a small collection to pinpoint how Dave is going to end up dying.  Looks like that was thrown out.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49981 on: October 28, 2014, 05:31:55 pm »

Extrapolating a theory from a single data point! Brilliant.

That's nothing.  Person used a small collection to pinpoint how Dave is going to end up dying.  Looks like that was thrown out.

Unless this is a doomed timeline that we're seeing.

Fingers crossed over here...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49982 on: October 28, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

Wrong~ They define that which is ideal for the person.
Could you explain how any of that makes me wrong? The classpect doesn't define who you are, it describes where you should end up.
You stated it was a challenge, it's not a challenge. It's nature.

Could you explain how any of that makes me wrong? The classpect doesn't define who you are, it describes where you should end up.
I'm rather sure Nannaspirte said something about John's role as an Heir of Breath was destiny.
(so yes, predetermined, likely by skaia)
Not predetermined persay, more of a "person to grow into and become." Classpects are a path of growth, they aren't manditory. If they were manditory, all the dead Johns in the dead timelines would have completed that path before death.
It's "per se".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49983 on: October 28, 2014, 06:01:03 pm »

You stated it was a challenge, it's not a challenge. It's nature.
...which doesn't preclude it from being a challenge. In the same way as those shape-matching toys for babies and toddlers are a challenge. Matching a tool to a problem is human nature, but it has to be honed through challenge. In the same way, classpects are a goal to aim towards, and they will be tested on it until they live up what the classpect describes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49984 on: October 28, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »

I found this. Status of every character as of the updates on 10/25.

Should be useful for some people.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49985 on: October 28, 2014, 06:51:04 pm »

You know, Terezi is the only person to actually play Sgrub/Sburb that hasn't died at least once in the timeline we are currently following.  She's getting close, but hasn't yet.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49986 on: October 28, 2014, 06:56:29 pm »

You know, Terezi is the only person to actually play Sgrub/Sburb that hasn't died at least once in the timeline we are currently following.  She's getting close, but hasn't yet.
Nah, what about... uh... Sollux? He bullshitted around being dead in a way that leaves whether or not it counts ambiguous.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49987 on: October 28, 2014, 07:08:27 pm »

Nah, what about... uh... Sollux? He bullshitted around being dead in a way that leaves whether or not it counts ambiguous.

His eyes exploded from sheer overuse twice.  Second, it took his brain.  He's dead.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49988 on: October 28, 2014, 07:08:43 pm »

What about PM and Bec Noir?

Edit: And WV, too? He nearly died, but he managed to survive.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49989 on: October 28, 2014, 07:09:38 pm »

What about PM and Bec Noir?

They didn't play the game.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49990 on: October 28, 2014, 07:12:46 pm »

That chart is very handy indeed.
Makes me wonder if Dirk's Bro and Roxy's Mom really are dead, though.  Presumably they died of old age.  On the one hand they probably weren't players which probably means Dirk's Bro didn't have time powers.  Probably.  But!  Future-Earth is covered in Dirk's Bro shitty artifact statues.  Was he just that successful, and the statues just weren't shown during Dirk and Roxy's time?  (Probably would have been underwater, to be fair).

Yeah probably.  I can't think of any good cases where the non-players have exhibited the aspect powers of their trans-scratch ectoclones.  Unless I try really hard, and really want Bro++ to arrive and fix everything through heroic sacrifice, in which part it becomes slightly less fake.

Come on Jake Grandpa Harly.  Stop being a lazy dead guy and believe Kamina Davebro back into existence!  Use those hope powers you probably don't have!

Edit: Hell, Jake's grandma had very real science ability and crazy long-term planning.  She probably made them cryosleep cells.  We never saw DEAD scrawled over their humorously posed silhouettes!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:16:19 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49991 on: October 28, 2014, 07:14:19 pm »

Future-Earth is covered in Dirk's Bro shitty artifact statues.  Was he just that successful, and the statues just weren't shown during Dirk and Roxy's time?  (Probably would have been underwater, to be fair).

It was stated to be far in the future, so Dave or Dirk themselves could have done it for irony.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49992 on: October 28, 2014, 07:21:28 pm »

I'm (mostly joking) suggesting that, for them to be there that far in the future, Dirk's Bro must have survived and created them post-apocalypse.  Mainly because there are just *so many*, it's hard to imagine pre-apocalypse civilization putting up with them.  On the other hand he was massively successful and they might have cost negative resources to create.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49993 on: October 28, 2014, 07:28:06 pm »

I thought that the implication is the Dave (our Dave, the one we've been watching) put them there at some point.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #49994 on: October 28, 2014, 07:30:47 pm »

That chart is very handy indeed.
Makes me wonder if Dirk's Bro and Roxy's Mom really are dead, though.  Presumably they died of old age.
Maybe I'm mixing up things, but didn't we see the Condesce stand over their horribly, horribly mangled bodies?

As for the JPEG-junk... Dirk stated his Bro shot stuff like that into space to get rid of it as part of his money-ex-nihilo scheme. I suspect some was also left on Waterworld, as you say. Or it sneaked its way into the next universe, via portals.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 07:33:35 pm by Liber celi »
Pages: 1 ... 3331 3332 [3333] 3334 3335 ... 3524