Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3324 3325 [3326] 3327 3328 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5142398 times)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49875 on: October 25, 2014, 04:11:16 pm »

Quote from: Andrew Hussie
But as of typing this, by my watch, 10/25 isn't over yet, and technically neither is the update day. Hmm.
Hmmmmmmmm............ HMMMMMMM..... HMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.... HMM.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #49876 on: October 25, 2014, 04:12:13 pm »

Am I the only one who has forgotten what the hell is going on?

Because I have absolutely no idea what the hell is going on.
Beta kids arrived in the alpha session, John and Jade arrived first. Jade was immediately mind controlled/communed with by the Empress, going Grimbark and zapping the Empress's mind control tiara onto Jane. Jade then teleported everyone else off the meteor, which was just arriving. Skaia opened a defense portal in response to the meteor, Jade rode the meteor through the portal, it crashed on Earth, then Jade grabbed Earth and took it back through the portal.

The Empress planned to have the kids and trolls complete the game, after which Jade would head into the new universe and place Earth in the correct spot for Caliborn's birth to take place and Gamzee to raise him and a bunch of other vaguely alluded-to shit to happen afterward. But the Empress wanted Roxy to recreate the matriorb so she could resurrect the troll race and enslave everyone.

Then Aranea arrived, and it turned out she had been mind controlling Gamzee for quite a while. She made him steal the life ring from John, came back to life, ultraturbocharged Jake, then planned to fuck absolutely everything up and "heal" the resulting doomed timeline to become the new alpha timeline. Then Aranea dropped a giant house on Jade to make a refrance, Bec Noir and PM showed up to take her to her quest bed which probably won't do shit, Dave left after them, Terezi showed up and got the shit beaten out of her by Gamzee, and Robojane attacked Aranea. Then the Empress showed up. Also Spades Slick, Jack English and Dirk are floating around somewhere.

There, now you know 10% of what's going on.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #49877 on: October 25, 2014, 04:37:36 pm »

The Empress planned to have the kids and trolls complete the game, after which Jade would head into the new universe and place Earth in the correct spot for Caliborn's birth to take place and Gamzee to raise him and a bunch of other vaguely alluded-to shit to happen afterward. But the Empress wanted Roxy to recreate the matriorb so she could resurrect the troll race and enslave everyone.

So, helping the empress until the end of the plan, where they instead kill her, would have resulted in the best ending?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49878 on: October 25, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »

So, helping the empress until the end of the plan, where they instead kill her, would have resulted in the best ending?
It would have resulted in Caliborn existing. But as we all already know, he is already here.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49879 on: October 25, 2014, 05:46:22 pm »

Lets not forget the empress wanted to stop Lord English and seemed to genuinely care for Jane.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #49880 on: October 25, 2014, 06:01:24 pm »

Speculation: John's unstuck-ability-perturbation-shenanigans can and do take him to doomed timelines (but that does not mean they cannot still affect the alpha), and the latest update depicts one of these plot-important doomed timelines.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49881 on: October 25, 2014, 08:08:20 pm »

Just remember that this timeline is still doomed until further notice (and is showing all the appropriate symptoms i.e. everyone dies). While Aranea's plan blew up in her face, she still did effectively scuttle the Condesce's plan, who has no reason not to let the timeline reset to before she interfered; this branch is effectively a wash.

The real question is: How is Hussie going to yank our collective chain next?
[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49882 on: October 25, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »

Do do do, trying to get back into DF and logging into my old account that I haven't touched in forever.

Oh hey, Homestuck's updating again, nearly forgot about that. Time to pick up from where it left off...

what the shit

... Okay, Hussie, I see that a year without updating caused a little bit of a build up. But now that you have that out of your system, can we go back to the normal rate of character death? And while we're at it could you please start resurrecting or making this a doomed timeline or something please please I actually like some of these guys.

Though, seeing John beat the crap out of Caliborn was very satisfying.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 08:48:06 pm by Diablous »
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #49883 on: October 25, 2014, 08:43:22 pm »

But now that you have that out of your system, can we go back to the normal rate of character death?
If you think about it, counting today, the character death rate has probably been slightly below average over the past year.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49884 on: October 25, 2014, 09:26:01 pm »

But now that you have that out of your system, can we go back to the normal rate of character death?
If you think about it, counting today, the character death rate has probably been slightly below average over the past year.

Probably. Maybe Hussie wasn't feeling particularly murderous over the hiatus.

Anyway, upd8!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #49885 on: October 25, 2014, 09:26:32 pm »

Also Spades Slick, Jack English and Dirk are floating around somewhere.

I totally forgot about all of these people. Dirk avoided the massacre!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49886 on: October 25, 2014, 09:29:20 pm »

John's face is the best face and needs to be made into a reaction gif asap.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49887 on: October 25, 2014, 09:32:11 pm »

Oh no.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49888 on: October 25, 2014, 09:41:44 pm »

Noo.

Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49889 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:53 pm »

that means it updated again
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 3324 3325 [3326] 3327 3328 ... 3524