Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122018 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49230 on: January 28, 2014, 01:21:45 pm »

So many combinations. So few that make sense. I think by the end of this I may end up just brute-forcing things with the wrench until they work.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49231 on: January 28, 2014, 01:28:32 pm »

You know, Grak, if you're really that unhappy with your specibus, I can wire you 10000 boondollars so you can reset it.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #49232 on: January 28, 2014, 01:29:48 pm »

Is there any way to gain more empty cards to alchemize things with other than the server player spawning them?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49233 on: January 28, 2014, 01:31:04 pm »

Is there any way to gain more empty cards to alchemize things with other than the server player spawning them?
If your inventory's full, you can just stick stuff in item storage or recycle things back to grist.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49234 on: January 28, 2014, 01:34:29 pm »

You know, Grak, if you're really that unhappy with your specibus, I can wire you 10000 boondollars so you can reset it.
I'm not unhappy with my specibus, just with alchemisation being so hit-and-miss. Anyway, I finally hit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49235 on: January 28, 2014, 01:37:25 pm »

I didn't mean like running out of inventory, I meant the cards you have to use to alchemize. Is there any way to get them beside that?

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49236 on: January 28, 2014, 01:41:38 pm »

I don't know exactly how high it is, but last time I checked it was something like 912 bonus from the roletech. I'm pretty much able to easily solo groups of weaker basilisks and ogres. I can pretty much kill diamond ogres, the toughest version of ogres I can fight in my land in one hit.
Damn, that's just.. broken.
It tapers off to sensible levels later in the game.

So many combinations. So few that make sense. I think by the end of this I may end up just brute-forcing things with the wrench until they work.
That's pretty much Overseer in a nutshell. Due to the fact that the alchemization results are suggested by the users, and that the moderators have pretty darn low standards for everything except balance, there's a lot of crap that has needs retooling. I've tried to make the items I've suggested be fairly sensible in terms of ingredients - the Angry Cake, for example, is (supposed to be) a Birthday Cake plus the Rage aspect item - and my items make a pretty significant portion of the database. But a lot of users don't bother with that, and just try to make the most kickass sword they can out of a box of toothpaste and a chaingun. The Randomizer makes it even worse, because now instead of just trying to mix a battery with your medium-level sword for what you know is an electric-themed upgrade, you have to figure out if you're supposed to use the result of some other sword plus the battery, or battery-powered handcuffs, or an electric "massager", or some combination of THOSE, or.... you get the idea.

I didn't mean like running out of inventory, I meant the cards you have to use to alchemize. Is there any way to get them beside that?
I'm pretty sure that if you're playing default-mode, you just automatically make spare cards to alchemize with. If you want more inventory, put things in storage - it's not canon for there to be an inventory cap, but it's kind of necessary to keep databases from filling up with 3 billion copies of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49237 on: January 28, 2014, 01:46:11 pm »

How exactly do I make spare cards?  Sorry for the propably obvious questions, I'm just trying to alchemize things.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49238 on: January 28, 2014, 01:50:07 pm »

How exactly do I make spare cards?  Sorry for the propably obvious questions, I'm just trying to alchemize things.
They have the code 11111111
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49239 on: January 28, 2014, 02:18:51 pm »

What's the exact process of making them?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49240 on: January 28, 2014, 02:21:44 pm »

It's simple. You copy the code, go to the inventory/alchemy page, and alchemize it.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49241 on: January 28, 2014, 02:22:49 pm »

It sounds like you've already been doing alchemy so it's just like creating any item. Just punch a card with 11111111 and carve a totem with 11111111 and put that in the alchemiter. You can't go far wrong.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49242 on: January 28, 2014, 02:31:31 pm »

It sounds like you've already been doing alchemy so it's just like creating any item. Just punch a card with 11111111 and carve a totem with 11111111 and put that in the alchemiter. You can't go far wrong.
..Don't tell me you guys actually use the deployable canon machines for alchemization.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49243 on: January 28, 2014, 02:37:35 pm »

..Don't tell me you guys actually use the deployable canon machines for alchemization.
Why not?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49244 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:34 pm »

Why? What's wrong with that?
Pages: 1 ... 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 ... 3524