Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3275 3276 [3277] 3278 3279 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121999 times)

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #49140 on: January 26, 2014, 01:22:40 pm »

Alright then, time to shove the hopeful date of the end from 4/13 to 6/12.

Also, discussion-wise, how should the final update be handled? I'm assuming most will just avoid everything until they're finished.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49141 on: January 26, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »

Why would you do anything else other than binge the hell out of it.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49142 on: January 26, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

Because people need to do other things to stay alive.
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49143 on: January 26, 2014, 01:28:17 pm »

So, have you guys heard about the Overseer Project yet? It's a text-based Homestuck RPG, where you do stuff like kill underlings and alchemize things.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #49144 on: January 26, 2014, 01:32:09 pm »

I've always been wondering why nobody thought about making a text-based or ASCII Homestuck game. Most of them seem to fall through at the sprite drawing stage, so it only seems natural.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #49145 on: January 26, 2014, 01:53:46 pm »

Homestuck DF mod?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #49146 on: January 26, 2014, 02:05:25 pm »

You mean like this one?
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49147 on: January 26, 2014, 06:57:44 pm »

So, have you guys heard about the Overseer Project yet? It's a text-based Homestuck RPG, where you do stuff like kill underlings and alchemize things.
It seems cool. Anybody else playing it? I'm trying it out.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49148 on: January 26, 2014, 07:12:39 pm »

Huh. Anybody here planning on running a session? Or even capable of figuring out where the fuck the page to register is?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49149 on: January 26, 2014, 07:14:57 pm »

Huh. Anybody here planning on running a session? Or even capable of figuring out where the fuck the page to register is?
You have to start a session, then try to play the session. I have started a session, but I haven't done much yet.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49150 on: January 26, 2014, 07:19:08 pm »

Me gatleos FFS apples and dex had a session but that game was so young and in beta we kinda just left.

I think Dex made like 90% of the art in there though.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49151 on: January 26, 2014, 07:23:16 pm »

Blergh, the registration stuff is so vague. .-.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49153 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:18 pm »

Ah. Thanks.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49154 on: January 26, 2014, 09:24:55 pm »

I have always felt that there is ONE MORE set of 4 Kids to go through this, to match the number of Trolls there are. God Teir's and all that...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 3275 3276 [3277] 3278 3279 ... 3524